10 replies to this topic

#1 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7771 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:43 AM

When i see the guys on the other Server and see what they are doing with advertising support etc,it kinda make me jealous that we dont have the people like that who put so much effort in keeping it(ra2) alife.(exept for paf maybe).

Olaf can u explain why u dont do anything for keeping UR server alife ?

U dont play,u dont even come to the support page nowdays.

Why don u sell ur server ? to people who do care ?

There are nowdays maybe 2/3 people online and i think with ur stubborn attitude this is ur fault.

U never ever listen to the community and u did what u thought was best,and see what happend ?

My 2 cents maybe im all wrong,but this is how i feel.

#2 aRsEniCk

aRsEniCk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

I'm not an old member but its really sad to see that xwis has so much potential and yet has so little activity

#3 Niek

Niek

romario

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11786 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

because its an old game

:cry:

?

#4 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Lieutenant

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

The XWIS server is hosted on a Debian server in his house if I remember correctly?

#5 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

Look at the other site !

When u log in u see what channels are live streaming,really nice feature's.

I dont play there coz i think the ra2 mode sucks,but ok .

This all could be done here 2.

People are paying to play on this server so don't come here olaf and say: Gl on making that

Edited by Showtime, 04 August 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#6 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5773 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

post and talk about it til your blue in the face, didn't happen 5 - 8 years ago, isn't happing now.

#7 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7026 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

8 years ago Olaf removed the W-L stats per map and per faction from our stats pages to 'clear up space'

He has not, and will never do anything in favor for the players. 

Im glad the server still workes and mayb he does little things in his free time to keep this server running but he is not the person to make this server great again.

We need the help from other skillfull people to help the activity on this server.

#8 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5773 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

We need the help from other skillfull people to help the activity on this server.

except

1.) he wouldn't give them the access

2.) everyone with that ability that had worked with xwis had the knowledge and time to do it run cncnet now.

#9 Exemplify

Exemplify

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

it's 2017...

nowadays, many new games that are released every year with completely new features and more fun, offer 0 payment for gaming in their server or for most of them the max is 5$. 

with that being said, no one would care about a game which has been released 17-18 years ago and they need to pay for the game in order to play still.

there are some big reasons why xwis will never come back alive again and this is one of the most important ones.

about cncnet though, it's a good job that they have gathered a lot more players than xwis for free. the only 2 reasons i see why still ra2 players are not active there is 1)there is no ladder and many people don't play competitively. 2)there is no original ra2 in cncnet and ra2 mode sucks for lack of some features.

nvm though, they're working on it:

1) their ladder test is on the go and they seem to be more ready than ever before to launch it.(they're looking for some good ladder pts system that'd work best for both winners and losers unlike xwis that when you have 30-40 rank difference, if you win 5-1, you'll still lose pts)

2)i've heard some rumor about this that they are generating a separated cncnet client for original ra2 with both qm and ladder option.

these are some good news that may make us still have some hope to get ra2 back to life.

#10 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5773 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

not to mention the prize pool being worked out for ladders and contests.....still waiting for my prize from rank 1 in april.

#11 Exemplify

Exemplify

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

:lollol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users