65 replies to this topic

#26 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

To be honest, it feels like the only persons opinion that matters here is Olaf's. Without his say on things, we are going in circles.

I think Olaf's negligence speaks volumes.

#27 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

Some 1 need's to fix the window's 10 problem (alt tab) mouse fix,lag,that would fix a lot.

People like me just don't play no more coz of these problem's with win 10.

And no i wont downgrade coz win10 is the future.

Edited by Showtime, 15 March 2017 - 07:20 AM.

#28 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • XWIS Name: b3nz

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

Some 1 need's to fix the window's 10 problem (alt tab) mouse fix,lag,that would fix a lot.

Agreed. Where is SiRaLeX when you need him?   :D

Edited by b3nz, 15 March 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#29 fmrguitar

fmrguitar

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

And no i wont downgrade coz win10 is the future.

me too.

I downgrade to windows 7 because that game. But when my time are tiny and i just play sc2 a while i decided move on the chapter and install the win10 and get some games on cncnet.

dawn...win10 is so fluidy, friendly and faster w/ app, optimization for modern games (improve fps) so why xwis can find a definitely solution to these issues (alt+tab, mouse drag-lag, etc.)

#30 ShinSven

ShinSven

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

It's a shame so many people have trouble with running RA2 on W10, though I think it's also depending on your system.

I used to have trouble running RA2 with my old system, but since I've upgraded some components (motherboard, cpu, ram) there's no lag and I can alt tab (windowed mode).

So it is possible to run RA2 on W10 without any problems.

Edited by ShinSven, 15 March 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#31 fmrguitar

fmrguitar

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

It's a shame so many people have trouble with running RA2 on W10, though I think it's also depending on your system.

No. it is not depending the any system. Its about windows Direct Draw Emulation. win10 doesnt,

I used to have trouble running RA2 with my old system, but since I've upgraded some components (motherboard, cpu, ram) there's no lag and I can alt tab (windowed mode).

So it is possible to run RA2 on W10 without any problems.

you can alt+tab on windowed mode so u can only play this way. So no twitch streaming at all. If u use ddraw,dll u HAVE mouse-drag-lag into the game and doesnt matter u can do to fix (plus more scroll) and so on so forth u got a lag in ur mouse cursor game. in other hands, if u execute game.exe instead, u definitely don`t have the same fluid frame gameplay like u play the same game through windows 7.

So, yes. u have problem w/ win10 when u play on xwis server.

#32 ShinSven

ShinSven

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

I don't totally understand what you mean, but as I said, I run RA2 on W10 without any hassle and I'm also able to stream.

And I haven't done anything with any ddraw, if I remember correctly. Don't have a ddraw file in the RA2 dir either, do have one in my system32 folder though.

The RA2 I am running is the XWIS version and I run it via the shortcut (windowed mode) for game.exe.

#33 Rocketeer

Rocketeer

Korea

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • XWIS Name: iFv

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

I don't totally understand what you mean, but as I said, I run RA2 on W10 without any hassle and I'm also able to stream.

And I haven't done anything with any ddraw, if I remember correctly. Don't have a ddraw file in the RA2 dir either, do have one in my system32 folder though.
The RA2 I am running is the XWIS version and I run it via the shortcut (windowed mode) for game.exe.

I'm on Windows 10, I had to disable IPv4 but I play with no issues. It's a strange one

#34 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

I had to disable IPv4 but I play with no issues.

Lol, wat.

Please don't post such nonsense.

#35 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

I read a topic about connection problems, sure he meant disable IPv6

#36 fmrguitar

fmrguitar

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

i give up.

if u run windowed mode u set 16bits color in windows 10.

U use ddraw.dll on system32 ??? omg.

sorry but u really dont know what i try to tell u. (maybe by a language barrier)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEMWjS5QE0c

#37 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

U use ddraw.dll on system32 ??? omg.

Well, RA2 statically links with ddraw.dll. So it has to be somewhere. If it's in %windir%/system32, it's most probably the one that comes with Windows tho.

i give up.

Yep. Me too.

Edited by b3nz, 16 March 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#38 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Do you understand that the ddraw.dll you're supposed to add to the ra2 folder just changes some settings and behaviour of the original ddraw.dll that comes with Windows.
If you put the downloaded one into system32 you risk overwriting your original and compromising any functionality that you have.

#39 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

Ra2 activity level has been stable on xwis for ~8 months
I highly doubt xwis will end up empty

I think your in denial. Almost all new players go to cncnet. When the diehards quit or cncnet get a ladder its over.

#40 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Is it when or is it if? What's the problem with their ladder anyway?

#41 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

ive been hearing cncnet getting ladder for 1-2 years now. are ppl there incompetent or what? 

#42 JSDSS

JSDSS

Hahahaha,No

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

If it when or is it if? What's the problem with their ladder anyway?

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=7427.0

all infos you need are here about cncnet ladder

#43 hifi

hifi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

These topics are always a fun read.

We (CnCNet) don't have a ladder because we don't have active developers who actually want to spend a lot of time on that. Most devs just want to improve the games or clients which is also an important thing. If you can find developers who can fix up a decent ladder that integrates well with the clients, we're all ears.

Olaf is the only person who can make a merge happen. As long as he doesn't actively want to do it - no dice. As long as there's no way to validate keys on CnCNet - no cd-key check. It's definitely in the gray area what CnCNet is doing but as long as EA doesn't care either way it's always a win for the community as it allows people to continue and experiment with the games which helps keep them alive in the long run. There's really nothing else XWIS has that can't be replicated anywhere else than checking cd-keys.

As things are shifting to "our" side there's less need for us to merge when we already have the majority of players so it's becoming a question why we should bother to deal with this mess anymore? Just sayin'.

Me? I don't do anything else than make sure our servers are running and watch everything else burn. I've been done with C&C for a few years now. Reading this thread is watching things burn and I like throwing more gasoline on the fire. I'm fun at parties.

#44 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Don't forget to bring fireworks.

#45 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Is it when or is it if? What's the problem with their ladder anyway?

ive been hearing cncnet getting ladder for 1-2 years now. are ppl there incompetent or what?

Tahj (Sean) just stopped working on it, he realised that there's better things in life than making some angry ungrateful flaming kids happy.

I've been done with C&C for a few years now. Reading this thread is watching things burn and I like throwing more gasoline on the fire. I'm fun at parties.

This!

#46 Rocketeer

Rocketeer

Korea

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • XWIS Name: iFv

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

I have to say the cncnet servers are nice, runs abit smoother. You could perhaps push for free serials for current cncnet players, maybe a few.more to entice new players and then put a price on new players for serials.

#47 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:24 PM

This is quite funny. We have Olaf in here asking genuine questions (a bit outdated, but hey, the genuinity is there), we have Hifi telling it like it is (and adding fuel to the fire). 

Olaf, mate, why can't you hear the community and act or let us know what you *could* do? 

#48 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

Cncnet work's with win 10  ?

Ah well nm if there aint a ladder ill stick to HW2 from now on.

Edited by Showtime, 20 March 2017 - 07:05 AM.

#49 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

As far as I know the Windows 10 problem hasn't been (fully) solved.

#50 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

It's near impossible to solve seeing as microsoft removed a lot of emulation layers.
A lot of GDI and old networking stuff that supported legacy applications. Which could be responsible for all of the recent problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users