65 replies to this topic

#1 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

I am liteally pointing this out, as I feel the xwis team must be absolutely oblivious in understanding the average players needs when it comes to oldskol CnC. Even myself an old xwis supporter and red alert/yr player who led one of the most successful clans on xwis YR went over to CnCNet 4 years ago after been out of the game for over 5 years for the simple fact it's so easy to play any cnc game on CnCNet. I can jump on and off in a second, I am
Busy in life as are most people now, it's efficient and suits me.

I will always support xwis over any other provider in the long run, because of its roots and foundations and my own, I have so many memories here. But you must be krazy to have lost out on all them players when you have the vanilla servers and capability you have at xwis! I am mad because there is so much god damn potential here. But every time I log on, it's DEAD! Cncnet has over 800 players on at all times! And it's not god damn rocket science, xwis have made it far too hard and complicated for the average players to play in this day of age. I think you still have time to turn things around and to make xwis great again. But you need to make the games far easier to play! Cncnet you can download and be playing in less than 5 minutes! And this is what people want. You even have the ranking system other providers could only dream of! You have everything people want in a games provider! Except easy access, you must make it easier To play these games. The last time i logged I couldn't even tab out without the game crashing, one of my old clans that I led which had 7+ hof's has been randomly deleted along with all my old nicks. I mean wtf are you doing! It's so simple, you have made a mess and lost out on countless potential players. But it's not too late, you can turn things around, but you must make it easier for people to play. Most guys are 30+ now they want hassle free gaming. Advertise more get the community back, communicate, it can be done. It's not hard. you just need good structure. Make xwis great again for old times sake.

#2 JSDSS

JSDSS

Hahahaha,No

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

yeah CnCNet have good server and far as i know the only server that can play yr on it this days because:

1-yr in xwis is completly dead

2-cant play yr on gameranger only if you have freinds already arainged a game (password games)

3- tunngel server (dead alsow)

So CnCNet have many players and more games allow you to play easyly and in less time :bye1:

#3 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

They only got the red alert 2/YR player base in the last 2 years! A lot of it was advertising and word of mouth, they also have 7-8 admins who work there ass off advertising/promoting the servers, I don't see any of that here at xwis.

#4 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

I haven't played on CnC but i read in the past that Xwis ra2 is original and  the CnC ra2 is a bit different when playing the games?!

#5 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8467 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Good post Snipe, former clan leader!

It's like we can't win. On XWIS, they have the vanilla servers with the great ladder and history and community forums that you'd want, but the server is dead and admins/help team seems to be dieing out. 

On CNCNet we have the new updated server with tons of players, but there exists some bugs with the server and no real hope for a ladder/clanning system to advance the community.

Just find a way to merge already, help each other out and make the community great again!

#6 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hey prep, nice to see you, I was quite close to funky over on cncnet for a time, I did some small Advertising for him back when i was in my red alert 1 prime on my YouTube channel, end of 2015 beginning of 2016 i suggested a merge. They had ladders on cncnet for a short time but had some bugs, we tested them for some months, I got rank 1 Feb 2016, massive achievement as i wasn't even a red alert 1 player to begin with.

Anyway as you said a merge would be nice, but you never know what the admins have planned for there servers, maybe they have goals for profit in the long run. Would priorities meet? Could they work together? So many questions to be asked my friend. I would 100% play on xwis if there was the activity to support some fun games.

But what if everyone was to put some effort into xwis as a kind of team, get a Skype conversation going, throw ideas in. Honestly it wouldn't take much.... it just needs some friendly co-operation and organisation from the likes of legends like yourself prep or other admins on xwis. It's so easy and i promise you will see results within a few months of working togeather as a team.

#7 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8467 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

The only solution I can find is a merger. I do not think CNCNet will get a clan/ranked ladder system working. It's simply too much of a task and their current product doesn't seem very friendly to these systems.

XWIS has the perfect ladder system already, but doesn't have the advertising, ease-of-access, and population that cncnet has.

Solution? Merge! Ton's of players, great ladder and clan system, etc.

Problem? Who knows what the leader(s) are thinking and whatever legal problems exist. I'm just going to leave it there.

So, in the end, there's nothing we can do. It's up to Olaf and the CNCNet forces.

#8 ZiiP

ZiiP

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

It will never happen. Xwis admin dont care. Ra2 will end up like YR soon.

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4718 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

ppl like you ziip are quick to make assumptions but have no knowledge of the situation. Moreover I see a lot of complaining but not much volunteering- how about being the solution instead of just lobbing complaints? 

Long time forum members should be aware of the challenges in implementing any of these ideas, and of the history of efforts made by current admins and many admins prior, some of which are now admins at CnCnet. 

To be frank, accessing ra2 is not that hard and there is a video which cleary demonstrates how to do it. Although the process could stand to be modernized it is far from the biggest challenge in restoring the playerbase to XWIS. 

CnCnet operates quasi-illegally and circumvents the serial verification process that XWIS is bound by. Thus CnCnet has a much greater chance in attracting new players. 

#10 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

I see what your saying prep and I agree, but it doesn't look like it will ever happen sadly my old friend. I have seen so many old xwis lads over on cncnet and also as rumble said even some of the admins went over. But all I'm saying is really is .... now is the time to get xwis active again, if it's ever going to happen everyone needs to voulenteer as rumble said and try to help get it active again. Because it's a rolling effect, once it gets active again, it will only get bigger and bigger. I feel like if cncnet does get it's ladders up which from what I saw of the red alert ladders were a joke compared to the xwis ladders then it will be even harder to compete against. most players on cncnet don't even know about xwis. Im sorry to say but 90% of the player base is noobs on cncnet and that's what your going to have to look at gaining on xwis, ladders and clans can come later. Get loads of fun games and a community going, get loads of new players involved. Advertise, tell all your friends, make a fuss about xwis.

Cncnet feels fresh and it's because it's got a good admin team in its foundations, advertising and supporting it. Xwis needs some love, it's got everything it needs to be great it just needs a player base and I'm sorry to say again, but that means loads of noobs playing ffgs. Ladder and clans has to come second as many new players are scared off by it. Community first.

#11 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8467 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

how about being the solution instead of just lobbing complaints?

I think that is fine advice, but let's be realistic. What can be done? I've looked at the CNCNet ladder issues, and unfortunately, I do not have the time or the current intelligence to work with it. Doh. 

As for XWIS, should I advertise something? I mean, I guess my strengths lie in organization and the such, but there isn't too much to work with here. Maybe I can lend a hand there.

Outside of that, there just isn't much that can be done. It needs to go through Olaf.... and that brings up your other astute point...

CnCnet operates quasi-illegally and circumvents the serial verification process that XWIS is bound by. Thus CnCnet has a much greater chance in attracting new players.

This is a big factor. We here discussed ra2/yr as free-to-play for a while. CNCNet has nicely accomplished this bypassing legalities of it. That is why they have near 300 people on high times and about 200 on average. It's the truth. XWIS has to have serial verification which is a problem. Until this can be solved, XWIS will not get a mass amount of players. This is problem #1. Making ra2/yr free to play, officially. Obviously, this goes beyond all of our jurisdiction... Olaf might be the only one who can communicate to the higher ups regarding that one. Ah well. 

To be frank, accessing ra2 is not that hard and there is a video which cleary demonstrates how to do it. Although the process could stand to be modernized it is far from the biggest challenge in restoring the playerbase to XWIS.

This is the one part of your post I strongly disagree with. Getting on XWIS is very difficult! My game lags on XWIS and doesn't lag on cncnet. My resolution is always messed up on xwis. Of course these are my issues, but we can tell from the community that it is difficult. Going further, the whole user CP and clan creation system are very hard for first-timers to understand.

#12 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14880 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

For the record, CnCNet has no way of verifying serials because that would require EA support. CnCNet works no different to GameRanger in that respect as I've said many times. You'd be surprised on how many new players buy the Origin C&C Ultimate collection and play on CnCNet just because the link is there telling them to buy it on our page. The game is not free, we tell them, they buy it, they play. Once they have the game installed, they just download our installer which extracts CnCNet developed components only, and away they go. 

Merger would be an ideal solution, in-fact I can think of a major advertising campaign already if it was to become true, but a split community is horrible. 

A merge status currently looks like: We don't know how we can work with one another.

It's pointless trying to speculate how they would combine, only Olaf and hifi would be able to comment.

Edited by NeoGrant, 13 March 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#13 ZiiP

ZiiP

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

ppl like you ziip are quick to make assumptions but have no knowledge of the situation. Moreover I see a lot of complaining but not much volunteering- how about being the solution instead of just lobbing complaints? 

Long time forum members should be aware of the challenges in implementing any of these ideas, and of the history of efforts made by current admins and many admins prior, some of which are now admins at CnCnet. 

Ppl like me are playing this game.

#14 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4718 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

lols so are we all? did you mean that as a contribution? 

#15 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

Ra2 xwis is an absolute nightmare, my resolution is also messed up on it, I can't tab out onto desktop at any time whilst on xwis because it crashes and it lags like hell. Cncnet is literally so fast, 2 clicks and your on ready to play, the server is ugly as hell but it's easy and quick. I think I'm starting to see now that a merge would be the only way, because people just want ease of access and quick free play. I don't know anyone who could be bothered registering serials ect. We now live in an age where people want quick easy access to everything and if there is an alternative, they will use it. I literally logged into xwis as I was typing this and it crashed now I'm having to take the batteries out of my laptop to restart it. That's just annoying and makes me not want to log again.

Edited by snipe, 13 March 2017 - 09:18 PM.

#16 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5038 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

It will never happen. Xwis admin dont care. Ra2 will end up like YR soon.

Its not that XWIS admin's dont care. You need to remember this is all voluntary, we all pitched in our time to try and keep this place going but its always been a losing battle. You are correct though, Ra2 will end up like YR, 

The reality of the situation is the XWIS client doesnt have anywhere near the capabilities nor is it as user-friendly as CNCNET. This ranges on issues from serials/registration, win10 issues, setting up and actually getting a game. The only thing that XWIS offers that cncnet cant is the ladder's which has became less important as activity dwindles. (I do think it sucks cncnet doesnt have any)

Then there's the fact XWIS has a 4 player limit and no built in anti-cheat patches.

Personally i doubt there will ever be a merger of any sort, i think if it was going to happen it would have done so already. I think within a year or two XWIS will be an empty server.

The fact the community split in two completely sucked, but whats done is done. I do however believe if cncnet ever manged to throw a ladder together (dont hold your breath) the last of the players on XWIS would also go to cncnet.

#17 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4718 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Ra2 activity level has been stable on xwis for ~8 months

I highly doubt xwis will end up empty

#18 Niek

Niek

romario

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11553 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

We should make a politic party with stearingpoint Ra2. Making advertisement by Kirov.

I bet we can get more players then!

Ok no nonsense:

The situation on Xwis is fine.

Games are good and enjoyable, sometimes you gotta wait but the wait is worth it!!

We don't need those people from Gr.

Ra2 xwis is an absolute nightmare

Why?

you are making futile remarks thusfar

#19 mzjpk

mzjpk

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

We should make a politic party with stearingpoint Ra2. Making advertisement by Kirov.

I bet we can get more players then!

Ok no nonsense:

The situation on Xwis is fine.

Games are good and enjoyable, sometimes you gotta wait but the wait is worth it!!

We don't need those people from Gr.

Why?

you are making futile remarks thusfar

I disagree we need everyone, a lot of GR players play in xwis now, we need to unite all ra2 players in same server

Ra2 activity level has been stable on xwis for ~8 months

I highly doubt xwis will end up empty

+1

#20 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4844 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

The head admin hasn't cared for 5 years+

don't waste your time

#21 ZiiP

ZiiP

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

The head admin hasn't cared for 5 years+don't waste your time

ppl like you ...... are quick to make assumptions but have no knowledge of the situation. Moreover I see a lot of complaining but not much volunteering- how about being the solution instead of just lobbing complaints?

LoL

Edited by ZiiP, 14 March 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#22 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Niek I said in the same comment why it's a nightmare! For me i liteally can't tab out whilst logged into xwis as it will crash, it also lags and games barely ever start with "scenarios don't match" up on the screen half the time.

I don't get any of those issues on cncnet, I can log on and get a game in 2 minutes, I'm all for xwis but, it's obviously got issues with windows 10 that need fixing, it feels slow and outdated. Surely they can be fixed if someone cared?

#23 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8467 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

To be honest, it feels like the only persons opinion that matters here is Olaf's. Without his say on things, we are going in circles.

#24 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4718 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

LoL

did you mistake me for someone? 

@prep you may be right, but Olaf did mention to me once that he had interest in possibly moving to a desktop based launcher like cncnet and gr

#25 ZiiP

ZiiP

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

did you mistake me for someone? 

You are assuming to much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users