26 replies to this topic

#1 ZiiP

ZiiP

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

Where is everyone? Wtf happend in the last year...

#2 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Where are you. why are you so upset and. why the dramatic post.

Wtf happend in the last year? Question is what will become of this year.

It's a new year ladies

:jump:

#3 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

It will die this year. R.I.P.

#4 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

old one martin, ppl said 10 years ago it would die, still alive in 2017, did u check clan ladder last month ;)

#5 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

It practically is dead. There's 20 people online right now and it's only those who are online 24/7 anyway.

#6 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

It's true that this might be XWIS's last year. However, CNCNET YR and other ra2/yr related servers are seeing a great deal of success. CNCNet YR in particular has reached record breaking numbers for the server in the past month with around 300 +/- 20 people online at times.

This is remarkable.

People want to play the game, at least enough do. It's just a matter of marketing, skill, and coming together.

As for XWIS in particular, I enjoyed my few games on the server this past week, but my resolution is always screwed up, my game lags incredibly bad on ra2 xwis in comparison to my games on cncnet yr (just note the FPS in my games) and it overall is not a successful experience for me. XWIS is clearly outdated, and needs some help otherwise it will suffer the fate of death in the next year or two.

Further evidence of this is drawn in comparision to YR XWIS's final days, for which, I played rather actively. We saw the clan ladder go first (happening on ra2 xwis right now) and then the QM ladder will go next. The only thing holding it together are the seemingly addicted competitors that play month in and month out.

#7 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

It's true that this might be XWIS's last year. However, CNCNET YR and other ra2/yr related servers are seeing a great deal of success. CNCNet YR in particular has reached record breaking numbers for the server in the past month with around 300 +/- 20 people online at times.

This is remarkable.

People want to play the game, at least enough do. It's just a matter of marketing, skill, and coming together.

As for XWIS in particular, I enjoyed my few games on the server this past week, but my resolution is always screwed up, my game lags incredibly bad on ra2 xwis in comparison to my games on cncnet yr (just note the FPS in my games) and it overall is not a successful experience for me. XWIS is clearly outdated, and needs some help otherwise it will suffer the fate of death in the next year or two.

Further evidence of this is drawn in comparision to YR XWIS's final days, for which, I played rather actively. We saw the clan ladder go first (happening on ra2 xwis right now) and then the QM ladder will go next. The only thing holding it together are the seemingly addicted competitors that play month in and month out.

XWIS yuri has a lot of things to offer except no windows 10 patch, this is one of major reasons xwis yuri has no activity

This is remarkable.

recently a lot gr players started to play in xwis, every month more old schools come back to this server, and even new users. That is keeping the game alive

Edited by mzjpk, 02 March 2017 - 05:52 PM.

#8 ZiiP

ZiiP

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

No drama, this is my favorite game. There is no chance of xwis and cncnet work together ? Would be great...

#9 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

No drama, this is my favorite game. There is no chance of xwis and cncnet work together ? Would be great...

+1

#10 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

:bye2:

#11 chainsaw

chainsaw

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

I brought that up here 2 years ago...and got run out of town for it

#12 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

I brought that up here 2 years ago...and got run out of town for it

Last night, prior to sleeping, I was thinking about the situation in depth.

To be quite frank, I am upset. CNCNet has, on average, 130-170 players online Yuri's Revenge. This number goes up to 300 and just below 100 every now and then. This has been sustained through quite a long period of time. Ra2 XWIS has an additional 30 or so players (high quality players at that) on average. GR is another place with more players.

Yet, we don't have one legit ladder (sorry,  Ra2 XWIS ladders are not legit right now due to activity level on the server, it's really a competition between the 5-10 or so players that randomly get on, the newbs are left in the dust with no chance of competing).

So, we have 2 major problems.

1) We are highly separated. Together, we could achieve a level of ra2/yr popularity that hasn't happened in the past decade.

2) We have no ladder, no clan system.

Why can't we work this out? It's one thing if its legal issues... I understand CNCNet has some questions concerning just how easy it is to download and get on. Why can't we work this out?

Olaf, you (and the others) are the ultimate savior to this game. You guys saved us from WOL in 2005. You guys have done more than anyone on the planet to keep this game alive for the past decade ++. It's time to do what Jesus Christ himself couldn't do, and that's be a savior TWICE. Find a way, work out the differences, it would be ideal of some sort of merge, but if that's not likely, maybe help with a ladder? (hell, there's people who will pay you for that!)

Be open if you need to.

I don't see how CNCNet will get a ladder working based on the current difficulty of it (i.e. not sure how they will ban people / control cheaters and pushers / not sure how they will create a random 1v1 style match like "Quick Match" with their current client). You may be the only one with the knowledge to do such things. I don't know.

I could see this game going on for another 5 strong years if this where to happen. Additionally, if some sort of merge where to occur, we'd have the 10+ years of Hall of fames to incorporate and continue going.

Have Tahj/his people work out that XWIS.org site that was simply phenomenal. Have an impressive clanning system.

Hell, if this where to happen, I'd devote a good deal of my time to creating a news site/blog site/ advertisement site for the game and community events.

Clearly, cncnet forums are not a great place to be (Activity level is so slow), revamp strike-team forums with the merge and we have massive success!

In some respects, I think this future is practically inevitable. As RA2 XWIS ladder continues to lose credibility, the pro's will start to move away (much like YR XWIS Ladder final death days).

This is the future of Ra2/YR and much like in 2004/2005, there's none of it without you, Olaf!

At least, that is my thoughts on the current situation.

Edited by XXxPrePxX, 04 March 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#13 J0ni

J0ni

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Joni

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

for me ra2 dies when xwis dies

#14 DaRk

DaRk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

for me ra2 dies when xwis dies

same, for me this is because cncet only has yuris revenge, and i really like ra2 much more then yuris revenge.

Also 90% of games on cncnet are password locked just friends playing with eachother, the 200 people online on cncet isnt really the same as there would be 200 online on xwis.

Cncnet also said they will have ra2 , they said this 2 years ago, its still not there lol.

#15 Rocketeer

Rocketeer

Korea

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • XWIS Name: iFv

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

same, for me this is because cncet only has yuris revenge, and i really like ra2 much more then yuris revenge.

Also 90% of games on cncnet are password locked just friends playing with eachother, the 200 people online on cncet isnt really the same as there would be 200 online on xwis.

Cncnet also said they will have ra2 , they said this 2 years ago, its still not there lol.

You can now play RA2 Mode on CNCNet - XWIS is still the best version for RA2 as it's the OG and GG Players

#16 DaRk

DaRk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

You can now play RA2 Mode on CNCNet - XWIS is still the best version for RA2 as it's the OG and GG Players

Ra2 mode still isnt red alert 2, its just yuris revenge without the yuris revenge units, its still much different then red alert 2.

Tanks still build much slower, gi's are 2 times stronger.

I like red alert 2 much more then yuris revenge.

#17 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

old one martin, ppl said 10 years ago it would die, still alive in 2017, did u check clan ladder last month ;)

Why would I check the clan ladder for a game that I don't play, when I didn't even play cm that much at all when I did play?

#18 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • XWIS Name: b3nz

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

The vast majority of clans barely played 1 set of 2v2 BO9 games, or not even that.

Then you have PAF who has over 100 nicks (this is not exaggerated) on over 10 accounts. Who is online literally 24/7, except when he sleeps and accounts for roughly/almost half the clans and clan games played:

http://xwis.net/ra2/players/helpme/
http://xwis.net/ra2/players/clanwarz/

That's not accounting for clans where he only has 1 nick inside.

#19 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

The vast majority of clans barely played 1 set of 2v2 BO9 games, or not even that.

Then you have PAF who has over 100 nicks (this is not exaggerated) on over 10 accounts. Who is online literally 24/7, except when he sleeps and accounts for roughly/almost half the clans and clan games played:

http://xwis.net/ra2/players/helpme/
http://xwis.net/ra2/players/clanwarz/

That's not accounting for clans where he only has 1 nick inside.

100 nicks?? I started to cm again few months ago, before that just some 1on1 for fun or ffgs 2v2 sometimes. You are just a hardcore troller. I have had a lot succes getting alot players on for cms 2on2 past few months. nobody is online 24/7 "literally"

So what is it you want from me? Want me to quit doing my part to keep cm activity alive??

Even with your computer skills, you can only "see me" playing on clan ladder past few months.

your ignored on xwis forums for good reason, tried to see maybe you have changed, but still same. You can make another 1 million replies with 2 billion screenshots won't read your "reply" again

Edited by mzjpk, 28 March 2017 - 10:06 PM.

#20 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

Are you denying the fact that you have over 100 nicks?

And yes, you're on RA2 24/7.

You are just a hardcore troller.

your ignored [...] 1 million replies with 2 billion screenshots won't read your "reply" again

Lol, coming from a guy with topics like these:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/179139-ss-of-kelston-westnz-using-bad-language-as-always/
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/176978-any-xwis-rules-against-racism/
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/181737-a-question-to-you-olaf/
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/176215-ok/?p=1519760
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/178897-paf/

I mean you bail Adam after winning 1 game and page him that he needs to "improve" in order to play some 1on1?

You do harass people online 24/7 and complain of them being "racist" to you. Troll.

Edited by b3nz, 28 March 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#21 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Are you denying the fact that you have over 100 nicks? :D

And yes, you're on RA2 24/7.

Lol, coming from a guy with topics like these:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/179139-ss-of-kelston-westnz-using-bad-language-as-always/
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/176978-any-xwis-rules-against-racism/
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/181737-a-question-to-you-olaf/
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/176215-ok/?p=1519760

You harass people online 24/7 and complain of people being "racist" to you. Troll.

years old topics i admitted to dan it was stupid topic i made, he never was racist in the first place, we misunderstood each other alot, we are good mates. Trying to instigate now? the topic about dan, btw recently i showed to him how weird the topic and laughed at it. You make nickname in ra2 to promote http://xwis.net/ra2/players/karadzic/this name, guy who was jailed 40 years for genocide.   http://www.reuters.com/article/us-warcrimes-bosnia-karadzic-idUSKCN0WP2ZW

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/24/europe/karadzic-war-crimes-verdict/

Karadzic guilty of Bosnia genocide, jailed for 40 years, you claim you are against terrorism yet you support people who did state terrorism. Your a hypocrite,

Edited by mzjpk, 28 March 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#22 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

years old topics i admitted to dan it was stupid topic i made, he never was racist in the first place, we misunderstood each other alot, we are good mates. Trying to instigate now?

Yet you make a topic about him, claiming he is racist?

What do you think this makes you look like?

#23 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

Yet you make a topic about him, claiming he is racist?

What do you think this makes you look like?

People make mistakes, you never made any mistake? Nobody is perfect

Edited by mzjpk, 28 March 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#24 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

You are nothing but a keyboard warrior alex. 

Edited by mzjpk, 28 March 2017 - 10:53 PM.

#25 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

Karadzic guilty of Bosnia genocide

What has this got to do with anything?

you claim you are against terrorism yet you support people who did state terrorism. Your a hypocrite,

What?

You are nothing but a keyboard warrior alex.

Had to make two posts, didn't you? And you say people are harassing you?

Anyways, I'm away, cooking some pig meat, so tasty, cheers!  :beer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users