3 replies to this topic

#1 BL1TZ

BL1TZ

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Howdy. I've just recently signed up to XWIS to play Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge online.

I've managed to create my nick-name in-game & I've tried playing a few matches. However, at the start of each game (with-in 10 seconds or so) my team self destructs & its game over... Why? What am I doing wrong? :(

Do I need to patch the game? If so how do I do that?

Also, when I try playing both Red Alert 2 & Yuri's revenge campaign its incredibly slow... I mean painfully slow, even though I have the game speed cranked up to max.

Any help on how to sort these problems as well as any advice on how to get a good resolution in game would be amazing.

Many thanks :) 

#2 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

thats because of a copy right bug- you need to uninstall all traces of ra2

and reinstall 

#3 BL1TZ

BL1TZ

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

thats because of a copy right bug- you need to uninstall all traces of ra2

and reinstall 

^^ I think your right. I've been looking up some stuff on-line... Seems like its some sort of anti piracy method implemented by Westwood, no CD protection or something like that.

I own the game like three times, the original release (which I can't find), Command & Conquer: The First Decade (I sued the serial code from this to register with XWIS), as well as Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection on Origin (which I used to install the game).

So I will try un-installing & re-installing using "The First Decade disc" rather than through Origin & see if that makes any difference.

Edited by BL1TZ, 26 January 2017 - 08:54 PM.

#4 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

Re: laggy gameplay- what is are you on ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users