#1 killcheaters

killcheaters

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

Hello   :bye1: 

I have just matched a player (Josh) in QM, whom I deeply respect for his commitment and the work he's put in for the RA2/XWIS community and his map making (except for his occasional fits :p ). I've certainly also had my fair share of annoying him and sometimes driving him crazy in games  :pokey:  but he's still remained the good old Josh. Well, today he simply wasn't behind his computer because presumably matching took so long that he forgot and left or just fell asleep. He's from Canada and it's 5 AM there right now.

Here is the game: http://xwis.net/ra2/games/8363/

Attached File  desos.jpg   172.03KB   30 downloads Attached File  doubleloss.jpg   168.45KB   14 downloads

Basically, I built up my base but did not kill him. Pondering what to do since I could not reach him over Skype and he wasn't replying I thought that forcing a double loss would be the fairest thing to do rather than just taking an undeserved win and points I did not deserve.
I have documented the game with plenty of screenshots. Basically I've sold all my buildings and drove my MCV next to his. Then I've deployed a bunch of Desolators amidst both MCVs. Both popped at the same time. Creating a double-loss. Nobody won. 
He's the one that actually created this beautiful map.

Opponents being AFK seems to happen over and over again lately, at least it's happened to me twice this week:

Player just quit when he came back and realized he was behind (I did not kill him): http://xwis.net/ra2/games/7734/
I thought I was being funny and walled his MCV: http://xwis.net/ra2/games/7468/  :wacko: 

So what is the best thing to do in this case when you're 99.99 % sure that they're AFK and you don't want to take points for a win you don't deserve? Is what I've done (by killing both players at the same time) OK and justifiable? If not, then I will refrain from doing it again.
Another idea when the opponent actually comes back (which I've done in the past) is to stop your miners and let the opponent build up his base so that it's about equal and then go on playing from there.

#2 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Very fair doing this, but unsure what the best thing to do is. 

Generally, it isn't your fault that person is AFK, so shouldn't lose out on points - it is the players responsibility to stay online / at his keyboard etc if he is in QM lobby so unfortunately some people will lose out by going away for however long.

#3 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that no one really cares about this "moral" question you put out.

However, if you want to be a fair player, how about stop spamming people when they are in middle of a game.

I get that some people need attention wherever they can get it, but some of us are here just to have good games, not get spammed by attention whores. 

#4 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

Well Alex i think you belong to the club of players now who are 'to good' and who are 'no fun to play against' ( his own words ) 

I agree Josh is a cool guy for his support to this game in terms of map making and commentary.

I especially liked his commentary in my game against Latof of Paris.

However, as a player Josh sunk really low. He personally bailed me on all nicks and the only nick he forgot he gave an instant quit in qm :

http://xwis.net/ra2/games/3795/

He played 234! games on Hsoj and Retardedd and the only series he finished were against Laorgemny,dwmueller, and only 1! against a top player : Matt.

Which is not surprising cause Matt was also in the past the only good player who he gave series against. 

Also for you Alex, you mayb try to be nice but that serie you did vs him when you interrupted our games : 

First serie : he leaves after 4 games. 

Second serie : He did not wanted to play you at all, and let you wait 21 hours with a dirty trick or mayb just bad luck but at the its the endresult of his bail. 

With the current activity i even wanna say his behavior is distortian of the xwis competition.

So yeah, Josh gain some balls mate. Its not a shame at all to lose a serie. Just try to reset your targets and try to win 1-2 games out of the serie against good players, then next time 2-3 games ? keep it fun for yourself man. Im sure the way you do it now wont give you alot of satisfaction...

#5 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

GID Player A Player B Duration Scenario Date FPS C S T 8354 arbi.png corporal awaken W +42 arbi.png hsoj hsojcm L -21 01:01 Mount Olympus 09:26 26-11-2016 53     C 8353 arbi.png corporal awaken L -11 arbi.png hsoj hsojcm W +25 04:05 North Waves 08:56 26-11-2016 53     C 8352 arbi.png corporal awaken W +44 arbi.png hsoj hsojcm L -20 12:59 Yin Yang 08:51 26-11-2016 53     C 8349 arbi.png corporal awaken L -7 arbi.png hsoj hsojcm W +22 05:04 Tour of Egypt 08:38 26-11-2016 53     C 8348 arbi.png corporal awaken L -8 arbi.png hsoj hsojcm W +25 07:19 Paris Revisited BL v TR 08:32 26-11-2016 54     C 8346 arbi.png corporal awaken W +44 arbi.png hsoj hsojcm L -17 03:35 Heck Freezes Over 08:16 26-11-2016 53     C

gg's Josh :D

Hello   :bye1: 

:bye1:

#6 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:38 PM

good idea with the desos aleks- didnt think of that

games guys?

#7 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:02 PM

oh yeah i didnt make that map tho - Sven did. 

#8 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:25 PM

holy fuck you have way to much time on your hands........

#9 killcheaters

killcheaters

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

However, as a player Josh sunk really low. He personally bailed me on all nicks and the only nick he forgot he gave an instant quit in qm :
http://xwis.net/ra2/games/3795/

Dude, you're a huge hypocrite.

You're sitting on Rank #1 and I'm Rank #4 and you don't want to play me. The points difference is only 56 points.

Instead you go on your what Rank #18 something nick? And even then you demand not to play my choice Hammer & Sickle because why exactly?

Attached File  mikoz1.png   204.14KB   25 downloads Attached File  mikoz2.png   204.18KB   20 downloads Attached File  mikoz3.png   199.18KB   23 downloads

Don't go calling Josh a "bailer" when you're in the same boat. In fact, you're much worse. Kinda disappointed in your "fair play".

With the current activity i even wanna say his behavior is distortian of the xwis competition.

And what are you doing? I've played Josh in QM. You wouldn't even QM but only play a select few maps in tournament games and you always get to pick first and veto half the maps the other one picks.

Edited by killcheaters, 26 November 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#10 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

Dude, you're a huge hypocrite.

You're sitting on Rank #1 and I'm Rank #4 and you don't want to play me. The points difference is only 56 points.

Instead you go on your what Rank #18 something nick? And even then you demand not to play my choice Hammer & Sickle because why exactly?

attachicon.gifmikoz1.png attachicon.gifmikoz2.png attachicon.gifmikoz3.png

Don't go calling Josh a "bailer" when you're in the same boat. In fact, you're much worse. Kinda disappointed in your "fair play".

And what are you doing? I've played Josh in QM. You wouldn't even QM but only play a select few maps in tournament games and you always get to pick first and veto half the maps the other one picks.

'-

You only earned those pts cause you bailed me and started playing Josh instead for easy pts ;)

I told you im not gonna reward you for that. 

Edited by Mikoz, 26 November 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#11 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:17 PM

mike r u saying he shouldn't noobbash vs me or u want games vs me or both ? 

#12 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

I bail alex all games.

He's a total moron who cant act normal during a game,and even engi eats where he can.

Leave ra2 ?

u wont be missed.

Peace of shit

#13 killcheaters

killcheaters

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

Why are you hijacking topics? This topic is about players being AFK in QM in general. Not about Josh.

[...] you bailed me [...]

Please tell me when that was. I was asking you for games yesterday on my rank #4 nick. You then switched on your then rank #18 nick and joined my game. You're a disgrace to this game.

Attached File  mikoz.png   200.4KB   18 downloads

Here you're specifically asking me to play your lower nick. While your higher nick has just 51 more points than mine.

You refuse to play on our highest nicks. Instead you want to play me on your lower one. Are you this scared to lose points? If so you're really pathetic.

I bail alex all games.

Why are you hijacking topics? Please tell me which game I've allegedly "engi eaten" you:

5141 Iraq alexgomad W +24 Iraq showtime L -23 06:47 Country Swing 20:27 16-11-2016 58 P
5139 Iraq alexgomad W +29 Iraq showtime L -25 04:41 The Path More Traveled By 20:19 16-11-2016 57 P
5082 Iraq alexgomad W +29 Iraq showtime L -22 08:15 Country Swing 16:49 16-11-2016 58 P
4790 Iraq alexgomad W +35 America imaboxer L -6 09:33 Reconcile 09:09 15-11-2016 57 P

Does your bailing have to do something with the fact that you have a pretty hard time beating me?

Peace of shit

Nice use of the English language! I'm proud of you.

#14 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:35 PM

why not make a cheat that brings them back to the keyboard?

#15 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:59 AM

^^ :clap:

#16 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

mike r u saying he shouldn't noobbash vs me or u want games vs me or both ? 

Both. Obviously you 2 could play eachother but it annoyed me he bailed me on Palacio to go play you and win his lost pts back from the total rampage i gave him on Siralex and Alexgomad. Afterwards he was like; ggs im off, no re and even made a joke saying i should play you cause you were very good ( no disrespect but he obv said it as a joke ) 

He was very happy he got some of his lost pts back but the day afterwards he was still very sad i beated him...

Expected re's on my rank 1 but i told him to start against Palacio first cause of his chicken ass behavior from the day before.

At this point he realised things did not go the way he planned and he pretty much went even more mental then he normally already is.

He kicked me out of our 2v2 clan ( i only started playing with him to help the cm activity ), he paged me for 6 straight hours and pretty much bailed everyone else apart from some uber pathetic +6 games  :D wich he also does on all his 9 freaking nicknames..

So yeah i guess we all have our wishes for setting up games but if theres 1 player who insanly cares about freewins and avoiding games its Alex.

I always had my small fights with ppl like Matt, Paf en Showtime, but we all agree Alex is a complete lunatic. He even saves ALL the chatlobby logs and he posts ss's of months ago in a recent topics. He is a complete psychopath. 

#17 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:57 PM

The most saddest thing about this all is that i actually gave Alex a last chance after he did similair things in the past.

For example 3 months ago when he reported me for alting on heck vs france after we did like 20 games before in the same scenario and both agreed that all the tactics were legit, he still made a report of me alting ONLY cause he lost the serie and got pissed off. 

He not only ruined our games but he also ruined a new active clan who was capable of giving ggs to sexy and -1-. which makes the clanladder now pretty much dead again. 

Edited by Mikoz, 28 November 2016 - 07:03 PM.

#18 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

Alex is a complete lunatic :D

#19 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:49 AM

Mikoz and Showtime getting along :shock:

Nothing brings two people together faster than the hatred of a third :inlove:

#20 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

this even anything to argue over anymore guys?

if it makes anyone of you feel good, Ill personally hand you 5 free wins so you grab that awesome rank 1.

#21 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

this even anything to argue over anymore guys?

if it makes anyone of you feel good, Ill personally hand you 5 free wins so you grab that awesome rank 1.

Alexinoob tried  :D

Sir Marshall  :thumbup1:

#22 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

Pushing? Proven due to forum logs. lol 

obvs joking - people take this game way too serious still 

#23 zMarsHz