154 replies to this topic

#1 playdead

playdead

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

Hello up to 3-4 days ago I can successfully host or join the others games and play.

But now when I host or join other games I can not connect to others.

What can be the problem?

#2 playdead

playdead

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

I found out that the internet providers restricted use of most vpn servers in our country. Today i used trial version of avast secureline vpn and after that i managed to play online.

So is there a way to play the game through xwis without using costly vpn services?

#3 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13338 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

What ISP?
And why are they limiting your internet connection?
Perhaps they're blocking RA2 as well..

#4 playdead

playdead

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:00 PM

ISP means internet service provider

They are blocking VPN s for political issues to limit usage of social media etc.

#5 playdead

playdead

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:04 AM

Seems there is no one capable of helping.

#6 vickyvick66

vickyvick66

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • XWIS Name: vicky66

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:34 PM

Hello Guys!

Pls tell me why i cant connect to other players? 

Thnx

#7 laziale13

laziale13

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

me too... admin help?

#8 vickyvick66

vickyvick66

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • XWIS Name: vicky66

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

Everything seems ok, but for 3-4 days cant connect to others :/.

#9 xmaroonx

xmaroonx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • XWIS Name: hckid

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

Had the same Problem sunday dunno if its still there didnt log in till then

#10 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

I have also the same problem. I can't join or host any online games on XWIS. "Couldnt connect to other players"

I haven't changed anything on my pc or provider. Emanuel did help me with diff settings and so on. But still the same problem. And like I see some other players have the same problem too.

Any ideas Olaf? Thanks.

#11 xmaroonx

xmaroonx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • XWIS Name: hckid

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

still not able to connect to anyone. ican go online create games or join them but when we wanna start the game doest load.

also didnt change anything.

#12 laziale13

laziale13

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

Same...

#13 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13338 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

I didn't change anything either..

#14 playdead

playdead

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

I repeat here: when I use avast secureline vpn i can connect to others without problem. When I dont use i cant connect to others. But 10 days ago I dont need any vpn to play. Can someone find a solution from this clue?

#15 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

its still not working.. Can't connect to any other player also not hosting a game ...

#16 killcheaters

killcheaters

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:34 PM

I don't know why some of you believe that not being able to connect with others has anything to do with XWIS. The P2P connections never had anything to do with XWIS. Likewise believing that your game is laggy because of XWIS is just plain dumb.

That being said there's reports from Finnish, German and UK players with the same issue. But not all of the players from these countries are affected.

If all of you are using Avast antiwhatever I'd disable it first and if that still doesn't work then I'd call up my ISP and ask if and why they are restricting UDP.

#17 laziale13

laziale13

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:05 AM

I am from Belgium and I have the same problem,the problem is not country.,

Still not resolved after 10 days 

Edited by laziale13, 21 November 2016 - 01:21 AM.

#18 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3694 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:55 AM

I don't know why some of you believe that not being able to connect with others has anything to do with XWIS. The P2P connections never had anything to do with XWIS. Likewise believing that your game is laggy because of XWIS is just plain dumb.

That being said there's reports from Finnish, German and UK players with the same issue. But not all of the players from these countries are affected.

I have never studied this so I could be completely wrong, but I thought that when you create a game, you first create it on the XWIS server and you wait for players to join the game. Once you start the game, the XWIS server is responsible for helping the players involved "find" each other and once this happens, the peers start communicating directly. Just because a game is P2P does not mean that a server is never responsible for creating the initial connection between the clients. Now, I don't know exactly how XWIS handles this, but from my understanding XWIS is P2P, with server handled match-making, meaning that the server can indeed be the reason why players can't establish the initial connection between each other.

Considering there are at least five different reports in the last week about the same issue, from players with different ISPs and all of them started having this problem at the same time, my guess is that it has to do with the XWIS server.

If all of you are using Avast antiwhatever I'd disable it first and if that still doesn't work then I'd call up my ISP and ask if and why they are restricting UDP.

I don't think anyone mentioned that they're using Avast antiwhatever. Where did you come up with that one?

Edited by dsector, 21 November 2016 - 01:56 AM.

#19 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15260 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

I also had this on 1 of my PCs where nothing was changed, I am able to login, create games / join games, but when linking together - it never connects. 

#20 killcheaters

killcheaters

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

[...] but I thought that when you create a game, you first create it on the XWIS server and you wait for players to join the game.

You're stating the obvious. What else is XWIS for other than to find other plays that, too, love RA2 and to chat with those players? It's just a glorified chat server, a ladder server and a result server. The forums and the leader board are just an added bonus that make XWIS so great.

Just because a game is P2P does not mean that a server is never responsible for creating the initial connection between the clients.

XWIS isn't responsible for creating "the initial connection between the clients".

[...] with server handled match-making, meaning that the server can indeed be the reason why players can't establish the initial connection between each other.

What you're referring to as "matches" are just chat rooms. Besides, Olaf already said that he didn't change anything.

I don't think anyone mentioned that they're using Avast antiwhatever. Where did you come up with that one?

I know that some of them (if not all) are in fact running Avast antiwhatever. I think it's mainly "Avast Free Antivirus".

If it's not this Avast thing then it's their ISPs which would seem kind of unlikely, though.

#21 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15260 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

I am using Trend anti virus 

Edited by AlliedPlayer, 21 November 2016 - 12:54 PM.

#22 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13338 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

Considering there are at least five different reports in the last week about the same issue, from players with different ISPs and all of them started having this problem at the same time, my guess is that it has to do with the XWIS server.

Given only a few players having troubles XWIS being the problem isn't likely, is it?
I tried some games this weekend so at least it's not completely broken. :p

These connectivity issues sure are annoying though. They're likely firewall / router related, NAT is a big pain in the butt for p2p connections.

#23 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15260 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:58 PM

Given only a few players having troubles XWIS being the problem isn't likely, is it?
I tried some games this weekend so at least it's not completely broken. :p

These connectivity issues sure are annoying though. They're likely firewall / router related, NAT is a big pain in the butt for p2p connections.

I used to be able to run on this PC perfectly fine buddy without problems. Then since about a week or 2 ago, it now doesn't connect to anyone. 

#24 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

On cncnet its no problem to connect to a player. Just not on xwis :(

#25 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15260 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:48 PM

On cncnet its no problem to connect to a player. Just not on xwis :(

Same. 

Cannot connect to anyone - and nothing has changed on my end. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users