1 reply to this topic

#1 Probable

Probable

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:06 AM

eNow its hard to get games i just got a new windows 10 pc I like to go to QM and alt tab and it pops up when i get a match but now on my new windows 10 pc i get back screen after all tab. I looked in my ra2 folder I couldnt find ra2.ini like i used to so i could go in and change it to windows mode. I mean guys the only way for me to get qm's is to go into qm and wait forever if i cant alt tab then i cant wait hours for a game and stare at the qm lobby. Can somebody help me figure out how to get it in windows mode or something else simple? note im not real computer savy so ill need step by step intructions. 

Thanks to anyone willing to assist me. Thanks.

#2 PlokiteWolf

PlokiteWolf

C&C Wiki admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • XWIS Name: Plokite95

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

That's a problem we have to live with until someone is able to fix it. The only way to bypass it is to set the game to windowed mode, and set the resolution up in ra2.ini (ra2md.ini for YR) which is found in the game's directory (you either didn't look there or you didn't launch the game previously).

Create a shortcut to game.exe (or gamemd.exe for YR) and do add the -win parameter in the Target entry like so:
ra2parameter.png

Then, in the Compatibility tab, check "Reduced Color Mode" and set it to 16-bit.

Note: The XWIS client of RA2 is set to have a borderless window, while YR is not.

Edited by PlokiteWolf, 16 August 2016 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users