7 replies to this topic

#1 Hinton04

Hinton04

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

Hi guys doubt any of you will remember me I used to play yuris when it was WOL using Hinton04 , wasn't the best player but certainly wasn't the worst, was only a kid back then 12 or so and a bit of a little sh*t think I even got a ban on xwis for hacking using the nickname OwN4SkunK (please don't hold it against me I came from the eaxposed crowed if anybody remembers them) but I'm 27 now how time flys . Was out shopping and saw a copy of ra2 and I had a impulse to buy it so here I am. It looks like yuri servers are not running anymore? That's a shame so it looks like I'm going to be playing ra2 . Any old names still about that was playing around 01-07? Would be good to catch up and possibly play some games.

Edited by Hinton04, 20 July 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#2 T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

Mladhiy Serzhant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • XWIS Name: Stingox

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

Welcome back

#3 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

Yo Hinton04, I remember your name and eaexposed. I'm iWin4Prep / Prep if you recall.

I figure you will want to play yuri's revenge. MY best advice is to download ra2/yr from www.xwis.net/xcl in the top right corner click downloads.

Then, go to www.cncnet.org and download the yuri's revenge client. There are 100's of players on cncnet playing yuris every day. It's quite awesome that things are still popping in 2016.

If you are more interested in competition, the XWIS server still utilizes ladders, but yuris is completely dead on xwis. Red Alert 2 is dieing, but still has a lot of competition left at the very top.

I currently play on cncnet as XXxPrePxX. Ladders are in progress (you can check the cncnet forums).

Take care old comrade from eaexposed :p.

haha man, just searched your nickname found a topic i made 12 years ago almost to the day:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/28762-own4skunk-advertising-hacking-spamming/?hl=own4skunk

#4 Hinton04

Hinton04

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

Haha hey man yeah I definitely remember you! remember the engineers sneaking into my base even more haha! And wow what a blast from the past 12 years ago, glad to see your still around! and yeah I will look into that I do fancy a few games of Yuris ha

#5 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

I figure you will want to play yuri's revenge. MY best advice is to download ra2/yr from www.xwis.net/xcl in the top right corner click downloads.

/xcl? Where do you get those old links from?

#6 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

/xcl? Where do you get those old links from?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but since many years ago, I always would type www.xwis.net/xcl into the browser directly.

#7 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

I'd just paste the link to downloads: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

#8 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

short link: http://xwis.net/d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users