traitor !!

#52 aCnChaOz

aCnChaOz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

I don't mean any disrespect to you personally, Neo. Though I can see why you might take it that way.
I have some problems with the CnCnet client that I could pinpoint for you but they'd most likely be unique and personal to myself or a small number of people.
I'd much rather just antagonise prep but if I actually express reason and say that to him it'll ruin the whole effect.
However, since you replied so sincerely you've made me tender and I think you deserve some justification for my statement.
First of all, I'd like to say I still have the client installed and every now and then I try and revel in nostalgia by going online and playing games.
I was happy with and excited for CnCnet when they first said they were going to support YR, hell, IIRC I did a small amount of testing the alpha(?) client, exposing problems and passing them on.
When the client was released my machine couldn't run the .exe due to a fault in my windows or what have you, that's what the help at the CnCnet support forums told me. I spent extensive time trying to fix it and it indirectly lead me to reinstalling windows which fixed the problem. So I go online, play some games, everything works as intended.

What's my fucking problem? Simply it's the people there. Have you tried speaking with anyone on the client - in-game, in the lobby? Maybe I'm too much of an outcast but I seldom get responses from people. Take for example the amount of people CnCnet cater to compared to XWIS and then look at the forum content. This forum is FUN. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. You can call be a habitualist loner and argue my point is biased but I've deduced that there is some truth to what I say about the impersonal nature of the people on CnCnet, i.e your entire forums are full of people asking for help, getting help, and then never posting again. Plus there's that one guy who just acts so smug all the time, I'm not sure of his name but he came over to this forum with his abrupt opinions about XWIS and the idea of a merger... I'm sure you remember. Anyway, that guy did a poor job of representing CnCnet, I think a lot of people agree with me on that.

Then there's the quality of game-play. Actually I should have put this first. You people are really cultivating some noobs. It really puts emphasis on the necessity of a ladder system when you have 90% of the people learning from that guy who can get 5 elite ggis in his bf before you can. It's no fun when the other players are incapable of basic strategy, no, it's more than that, it's anti-fun. I know there's good players on the client, I've gamed with some but they're impossible to keep track of with freely changing aliases - something a ladder/registration system could fix. Now that I think of it, a set alias would also support a more personal connection with the other users but I digress. Games are laggy, too. There's an obsession with 3v3s and 5+ man ffas on that client. I'm yet to participate in a 4+ manned game without horrendous lag. Yes, my Australian connection is poor but I'm not sure if that would cause extreme FPS lag. I stick to 1v1s and 2v2s, often winning without trying but these game types are far and few between.

Look, I'll log on right now...
First of all, I forgot about the nauseating sound notification of a new game being created. Wow. What the fuck.
I just half finished a game of ffa Canyon Fodder, the most normal game-type I could find. I took middle gems with dogs and GIs. The France opponent (oh fun!) chased one of my GIs around with his chronominer for 20 seconds before warping home, without mining. I got my tech up, my naval up and the game DC'd. Cool. Back to the lobby and I'm instantly bombarded with that sound notifications, about once every two seconds. It's so loud and awful.
With my headset sitting on my shoulders, ringing about as loud as my phone, I scroll through available games in a ten minute period. Redzones S T M, Snowball's Chance (Host France, crates on), Defend Romanov, FFA Sedona, Bering Strait 3v3/4v4, other obscure custom maps. No, I will not conform! It almost seems implied that I ought to be in some type of clique to find good competition.
I've just logged on XWIS Ra2 for comparison. 11 people online when I first entered the lobby. Intending to play 1v1, I host a game and have two people join immediately, then I change to 2v2 and the fourth comes within 3 minutes. Am I just lucky? Anyway, I ended up playing a 2v2 South Pacific match, a 1v1 on Dry Heat TvB and finally a 1v1 vs the notorious "playhard" on random map. A fraction of the numbers and yet the experience is much better.

So, that's my reasoning. Get a good 1v1 ladder going, fix that beeping and I'll play. You have a duty to it, Olaf sucks we all know that, so your duty is to Make Ra2 Great Again.

Just Turn the Sounds off?

#53 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

Just Turn the Sounds off?

I'm sure I tried that.

They've updated the client since and the ringing seems to have gone. :showoff:

#54 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Gr owns for ffg ra2

Another incredibly informative post from Josh, right here.

#55 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

uh oh its bitter martin- thot u were trying to make better use of ur time :D

#56 HCKiD

HCKiD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

Informative and accurate enough if u ask me.

#57 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

uh oh its bitter martin- thot u were trying to make better use of ur time :D

Making fun of you is a very good use of my time. Mr. Easy target.

#58 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

:flowers: shucks another bitter post- why oh why ?

#59 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

hi there team

#60 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

martin!!! josh!!!! :boxing: FIGHT !!!
Who is gona :stretcher: !!

Place ur bets now !!!

#61 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

Josh got better in skill.

If Martin show his special powers he'll win i guess. But that's just a guess o'well let's bring it on!!

#62 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

:flowers: shucks another bitter post- why oh why ?

You have tunnel vision, sir (not everything in my life revolves around you). I'm merely trolling you.

#63 aCnChaOz

aCnChaOz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

martin!!! josh!!!! :boxing: FIGHT !!!
Who is gona :stretcher: !!
Place ur bets now !!!

Martin is a PC Nerd. I think its a FW for Josh.

#64 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

Martin is a PC Nerd. I think its a FW for Josh.

If he is a pc nerd shouldnt it be easy for him then?

#65 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

I don't mean any disrespect to you personally, Neo. Though I can see why you might take it that way.

I have some problems with the CnCnet client that I could pinpoint for you but they'd most likely be unique and personal to myself or a small number of people.

I'd much rather just antagonise prep but if I actually express reason and say that to him it'll ruin the whole effect.

However, since you replied so sincerely you've made me tender and I think you deserve some justification for my statement.

First of all, I'd like to say I still have the client installed and every now and then I try and revel in nostalgia by going online and playing games.

I was happy with and excited for CnCnet when they first said they were going to support YR, hell, IIRC I did a small amount of testing the alpha(?) client, exposing problems and passing them on.

When the client was released my machine couldn't run the .exe due to a fault in my windows or what have you, that's what the help at the CnCnet support forums told me. I spent extensive time trying to fix it and it indirectly lead me to reinstalling windows which fixed the problem. So I go online, play some games, everything works as intended.

What's my fucking problem? Simply it's the people there. Have you tried speaking with anyone on the client - in-game, in the lobby? Maybe I'm too much of an outcast but I seldom get responses from people. Take for example the amount of people CnCnet cater to compared to XWIS and then look at the forum content. This forum is FUN. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. You can call be a habitualist loner and argue my point is biased but I've deduced that there is some truth to what I say about the impersonal nature of the people on CnCnet, i.e your entire forums are full of people asking for help, getting help, and then never posting again. Plus there's that one guy who just acts so smug all the time, I'm not sure of his name but he came over to this forum with his abrupt opinions about XWIS and the idea of a merger... I'm sure you remember. Anyway, that guy did a poor job of representing CnCnet, I think a lot of people agree with me on that.

Then there's the quality of game-play. Actually I should have put this first. You people are really cultivating some noobs. It really puts emphasis on the necessity of a ladder system when you have 90% of the people learning from that guy who can get 5 elite ggis in his bf before you can. It's no fun when the other players are incapable of basic strategy, no, it's more than that, it's anti-fun. I know there's good players on the client, I've gamed with some but they're impossible to keep track of with freely changing aliases - something a ladder/registration system could fix. Now that I think of it, a set alias would also support a more personal connection with the other users but I digress. Games are laggy, too. There's an obsession with 3v3s and 5+ man ffas on that client. I'm yet to participate in a 4+ manned game without horrendous lag. Yes, my Australian connection is poor but I'm not sure if that would cause extreme FPS lag. I stick to 1v1s and 2v2s, often winning without trying but these game types are far and few between.

Look, I'll log on right now...
First of all, I forgot about the nauseating sound notification of a new game being created. Wow. What the fuck.

I just half finished a game of ffa Canyon Fodder, the most normal game-type I could find. I took middle gems with dogs and GIs. The France opponent (oh fun!) chased one of my GIs around with his chronominer for 20 seconds before warping home, without mining. I got my tech up, my naval up and the game DC'd. Cool. Back to the lobby and I'm instantly bombarded with that sound notifications, about once every two seconds. It's so loud and awful.

With my headset sitting on my shoulders, ringing about as loud as my phone, I scroll through available games in a ten minute period. Redzones S T M, Snowball's Chance (Host France, crates on), Defend Romanov, FFA Sedona, Bering Strait 3v3/4v4, other obscure custom maps. No, I will not conform! It almost seems implied that I ought to be in some type of clique to find good competition.

I've just logged on XWIS Ra2 for comparison. 11 people online when I first entered the lobby. Intending to play 1v1, I host a game and have two people join immediately, then I change to 2v2 and the fourth comes within 3 minutes. Am I just lucky? Anyway, I ended up playing a 2v2 South Pacific match, a 1v1 on Dry Heat TvB and finally a 1v1 vs the notorious "playhard" on random map. A fraction of the numbers and yet the experience is much better.

So, that's my reasoning. Get a good 1v1 ladder going, fix that beeping and I'll play. You have a duty to it, Olaf sucks we all know that, so your duty is to Make Ra2 Great Again.

Appreciate the feedback Dylan will take it on board.

#66 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

If he is a pc nerd shouldnt it be easy for him then?

Ding ding ding, some one's head is working!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users