#1 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

Hi all,

Here is my problem: I have a large resolution (reasonable large). Ever since getting this reso, it has lagged on XWIS. CNCNet games work fine and speedy.

I posted about this issue months ago, but no real solution was found.

I can't play on XWIS with this lag as it is unbearable. I'm not willing to alter my resolution when it works just fine on CNCNet to come on to the server.

Any solutions for me?

Thanks.

#2 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

What windows are u using? PC specs? (What programs are running in the background). Because from what I remember u were getting like 35 fps @1080p (seems like ~ 1.6 ghz 8 years old cpu performance).

#3 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: GAM3R

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

these guys are salty....., he said he could run it with no lag on other server so it shouldn't be a spec's problem

#4 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

I am using Windows 7. Programs such as internet browser is all that is running. It is ~5-8 year old computer, 2.67 GHz with 6.00 installed RAM.

It really shouldn't be the computer/specs as I've ran Ra2 beautifully on this computer for multiple years with a slightly smaller resolution. I guess, it could be that the computer is not equipped enough to run it with a slightly higher reso, but it does work just fine on cncnet which is what is causing my concern.

Edited by XXxPrePxX, 02 June 2016 - 06:35 PM.

#5 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

Well cncnet is yuri and different client. Btw what have u changed when it started lagging? Video card's drivers? Anything? (Have u tried ra2 without any patches? Still lagging?) Because now it looks like too weak hardware / more u reduce the reso - better the performance u get (or ur windows has become a total mess during all these years and u need to reinstall it). Or just in case u can download 3dmark11 (if u have like 20 mins (including download time)and check what are the scores of people with the same hardware.

#6 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

The main (and likely only) thing I changed was the monitor. I got a new monitor that is larger (but not obnoxiously larger) and therefore my resolutions could not be bigger.

It could be that a good reinstall of windows would help. Haven't done that in a while. My computer does run with a little lag every so often.

So it appears that either I go with lower reso or try a windows reinstall are my solutions.

#7 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

Well reinstalling windows wont hurt so u can try it (it shouldn't take more than 35 mins/ I mean clean install , just backup all ur files u need).

#8 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

do u use nvidia ?

If so it could be ur driver,344.11 worked for me

#9 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:18 PM

So what reso are you using and what reso were you using?
What framerate are you getting on XWIS? And what CPU have you got? A Core 2?

#10 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:56 AM

PerP i've played with you some Yuri games on CNCNET and it was laggy but when you lowered resolution it became fine, i'm sure it's PC problem, my old pc (dual core 3.2 ghz) can give 55 fps max at 1600x1200, so if you add the auto ss uploader your CPU will be near K.O when taking SSs.

#11 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

We are all forgetting that it's the CPU that renders RA2 nowadays and not the GPU.

#12 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

Wait, what, have you still not patched that? ;)

#13 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:52 PM

I'm retired from this game, you're not.
Time to step up Olaf!

#14 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:43 AM

Hey guys, I decided to just change my reso to something along the lines of 1360 x 1024 (i think this is it?) and my lag is partially fixed (getting games around 50 fps.

I was originally using reso at 1960 x 1600 or something and 1660 x 1200 or something and it was no good.

I think there are underlying problems with my install of windows and possibly driver issues, but I just dont have the will/time to mess with them right now.

Thanks for the suggestions/opinions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users