#1 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: GAM3R

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hello guys recently i've been waiting for a lot of times to get 1-5 games on xwis it looks like it's completely dead 13-17 online players most of the time again, but infact xwis still isn't dead if  you look at other servers , or clients like gr and cnc they have almost the same number of rooms let's not say players but it's the same range xwis some times at night hits 50 players online and the problem still the same , i see that 13 players or even 10 are enough to give you a lot of games but why this isn't happening here .
I've thought of a solution it probably will make xwis alive again where you become able to get games whenever you want to .

the solution is to remove the QM filter points,i know it may confuses some players but it will get a lot of benefit to the most .

pros:

-available games at almost anytime

-more competition to get high ranks since you can play everyone for the whole month

-QM reborn which differs xwis from other servers

cons:

-some players will start making 9 nicks per month, but later they will later find that this is useless

-flamers and lamers will flame and lame  more if they lost -60 this can be fixed if the losing points amount were reduced

so what do think ?can this be done ?

#2 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

I think your  about a month out, there was a topic/poll  asking that

#3 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

I think your  about a month out, there was a topic/poll  asking that

yeah i think i've read about this somewhere but hasn't the time come for doing this ?

#4 Lud0wig

Lud0wig

None

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • XWIS Name: Miner

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

yeah i think i've read about this somewhere but hasn't the time come for doing this ?

+1

#5 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

It's easy for everyone to dictate how to revive XWIS, but more or less when you're the sole developer and working by yourself it's near impossible to roll out any major change.

There's plenty of things to revive XWIS but is it worth it now? I'm biased in this discussion but my thoughts remain with this, I just wish the discussion wasn't public - http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/181705-cncnet-and-strike-teamnet-merger/

#6 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:46 PM

removing a pts filter doesn't really help

your scenario would be player A with 600 pts meets player B with 52 pts

player B is a top player who is better than player A, player A loses 61 pts and decides he will just tourney now to avoid being pts busted (yes this still happens)

if you eliminate a pts filter, then you'd have to rearrange your pts distribution as well. like mandatory minimum pts of +10 -45 or something of that nature, then maybe it would work.

but lack of qms isn't xwis issues anyways. 10 euro per serial, or lack there of players interested in ra2 is your downfall to xwis. the game has reached 16 years, i'm still shocked it's as active as it is tbh.

with the competition of other servers, it's hard to get all into one server united.

if cncnet was to release a ladder, then you'd see a majority shift to them as far as game play, however that ladder is almost a year overdue with no real intention of being made as far as I can see, correct me if i'm wrong cncnet staff.

also another issue you'll find is a lot of players of ra2, are well into their mid 20's to early 30's and just don't have the time or drive to play hours and hours as they once had.

enjoy the game while you can, find other hobbies or similar games if you must (sc2, 8 bit armies) the two I've found most similar to ra2 as far as fun are worth a shot for activity atm

#7 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:20 PM

removing a pts filter doesn't really help

your scenario would be player A with 600 pts meets player B with 52 pts

player B is a top player who is better than player A, player A loses 61 pts and decides he will just tourney now to avoid being pts busted (yes this still happens)

if you eliminate a pts filter, then you'd have to rearrange your pts distribution as well. like mandatory minimum pts of +10 -45 or something of that nature, then maybe it would work.

but lack of qms isn't xwis issues anyways. 10 euro per serial, or lack there of players interested in ra2 is your downfall to xwis. the game has reached 16 years, i'm still shocked it's as active as it is tbh.

thx for ur mate i can't say accurate pros and cons until we test doing  this and yeah it can't be change without changing mandatory minimum pts , i'm thinking of maybe doing a 1 month test for this and watch what players will feedback

#8 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Where did the players go that downloaded from Origin ~ free serials, i remember the Xwis forum had alot of people online

#9 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

thx for ur mate i can't say accurate pros and cons until we test doing  this and yeah it can't be change without changing mandatory minimum pts , i'm thinking of maybe doing a 1 month test for this and watch what players will feedback

curious on how you plan to test this?

I mean something of drastic change would need to be sent off the an admin vote and then final decision coming down to olaf himself. don't get me wrong, the staff here has been amazing with what changes they have made, but even a change like this will not likely gather more players for the server and just serve as another fix to what is already a dwindling ladder.

I have come to terms that xwis days are numbered which is in fact somewhat heart breaking as I've been a part of the community for over 14 years, but something you just must come to terms with. hopefully it works out, I would love it to, however if and when you are ready to move on, come join me and steff on 8 bit armies :D

#10 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

It's easy for everyone to dictate how to revive XWIS, but more or less when you're the sole developer and working by yourself it's near impossible to roll out any major change.

There's plenty of things to revive XWIS but is it worth it now? I'm biased in this discussion but my thoughts remain with this, I just wish the discussion wasn't public - http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/181705-cncnet-and-strike-teamnet-merger/

i think olaf was trolling at this topic

#11 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:14 AM

Why dont you just make it so "free serials" can only quickmatch, and if they want to ffg they can pay the money...

Im sure most of the top players would be willing to donate their prizes etc.. into funding for this ? I mean whats the harm right?

#12 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

I just skimmed through that topic and it didn't really seem like Olaf was against the idea; He was just asking for more or less a layout of what a merger might look like. First things first is on the technical side; isn't CnCNet p2p while XWIS is dedicated? From what I've seen, CnCNet has never failed to connect any game thus far for me whereas XWIS has always been more of a hit and miss (tested from multiple computers and different network connections and from multiple locations in the U.S.) Btw, sometime last month the cncnet servers were down for a few hours so a few of us players returned to Xwis YR to catch some games only to experience awful connection problems and a separate issue of being forced to change resolutions to play qm and ffg games. The resolution issues i gotta admit were a bit odd.

So p2p or dedicated? That'd probably be a good place to start. Then we'd have to ask how difficult a switch would be. If I recall correctly I believe user FReQuEnZy once commented on how this might not even be possible. From here on though I wouldn't really know.

Once that's all sorted out then we can look at the GUIs or how CnCNet's extra features might playout on the Xwis server and what can be done about it. Would we have to update Xwis to allow 8 player games on YR? Also CnCNet doesn't currently support Ra2. How would Ra2 Xwis fit in on this? and would we be able to use the two GUIs and still run into the same people in the lobby regardless if they're using the rampastring client or the Xwis game client?

lots of questions to be asked.

EDIT:

Oh yeah! I still call bullshit on the fact that the game can't be updated because an EA employee lost his notebook with the password to access the game source code. If anything, Olaf has it written down on a sticky note somewhere under his dirty car seat. We could use that to patch the windows 8/10 issues, you know.

Edited by Alb3rt, 02 May 2016 - 10:01 AM.

#13 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

Olaf can you please reply to this?

#14 LBL

LBL

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • XWIS Name: LBL

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:58 AM

Go bother your girlfriend or your mother.

#15 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:50 AM

A big problem 2 is that new NVIDIA drivers cozing problem's on ra2.

#16 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

A big problem 2 is that new NVIDIA drivers cozing problem's on ra2.

try to switch to internal vga

#17 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

try a rope instead of a cable!

#18 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

try to switch to internal vga

Cant , i only can select my gtx card

#19 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

What problems you have? i also own a gtx card and i have 0 issues with the game.

Edited by BornL33T, 10 May 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#20 fmrguitar

fmrguitar

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

You can.

Just enter ur BIOS (setup computer) and allow MultMonitor.

After that connect a second HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA cable into ur monitor (if ur monitor has) and select (buttom win+P) project (integrated) or main monitor(gtx gpu).

What problems you have? i also own a gtx card and i have 0 issues with the game.

w/ gtx card u arent able to record (streaming) game and other stuffs. (windows 7)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users