Photo

Red Alert 2 Quick Match points filter.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Ra2 QM points filter

Should the Ra2 Qm points filter be changed?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

As of late ive heard several people mention the points filter and given current activity level's i thought the subject merit's proper discussion.

Please give your thought's and opinion's on the matter in this topic.

#2 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:39 AM

It does not matter in my opinion ZiGZaG.

#3 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:24 AM

I vote remove the pts filter 

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

I think the pt filter should be removed after you have a certain amount of points, to prevent rank bashing.

I.e. after 150 pts or so you can match everyone higher than tou

Edited by ExpaNd, 18 February 2016 - 06:34 AM.

#5 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

remove

#6 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:42 AM

I say remove points filter, because it will increase QM activity.

But I also believe that every QM player in the world should vote and post their opinion about this.

#7 LBL

LBL

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • XWIS Name: LBL

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:48 PM

I say remove points filter, because it will increase QM activity.

But I also believe that every QM player in the world should vote and post their opinion about this.

decrease*

ppl will avoid even more than now, greeding/rankbusting on new accs. i know why you like the idea though.

imo adjust to like 300ptz range +/-.

removing with the current playerpool would be a disaster, i really cba matching with some lamer like alex for +1 who makes 17 accs every month.

especially if you're in series with a decent player and keep get matched with these would be pure pain.

QM should still be controlled, if ppl wanna play any player in any range they can use custom games.

#8 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

Removing the points filer will for sure increase QM activity, but if a player has 700 pts and connects a player who has 50 pts, then he risk to give 60 pts away, I would suggest Adjust the filter to allow a larger points difference between player's,

because then a player who has 700 points can connect to someone who has 350 points or 300 points.

#9 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

Remove it?! So that top players can QM for 0 points? Why are people voting for this option?

This is the whole beauty of QM, in that you get matched with someone close to your skill level. Remove this, and QM becomes pointless.

#10 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

Don't think it should be removed entirely, didn't help yr and could annoy a lot of players. I think just make the range wider.

AFAIK the filter is still set at 8/10 x Player A +125< Player B

#11 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:44 PM

Keep the filler at it is, just play tourney games or if someone stays long in the QM screen for 20+ seconds then they should be connected with someone with larger points diff if that is possible to make

#12 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

I like the mix of ideas in here. But although I think removing the filter completely would make for hella fun, it could get kind of annoying too after a while..

Increased point filter would work best imo.

#13 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

If it will be removed there are players who whatch top players go online. Then enter Qm with zero points to fuck up ranks.

#14 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

If it will be removed there are players who whatch top players go online. Then enter Qm with zero points to fuck up ranks.

Lol 

#15 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Remove it?! So that top players can QM for 0 points? Why are people voting for this option?

This is the whole beauty of QM, in that you get matched with someone close to your skill level. Remove this, and QM becomes pointless.

+1

#16 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:18 PM

I didn't vote, but here's my two cents

Removal. - On yr when the point's filter was removed the amount of games played in qm increased at the time for around 6 month's but then declined to non-existent. It would have a similair effect at first on ra2, I think the only problem with this on Ra2 would be player's have access to too many nicknames resulting in a some players swapping to 0 pts nick's to try and steal points off higher ranked players. Yr however doesn't have the option of custom tournament games.

Adjusting the filter - This will probably slightly increase the amount of games played and make it a little easier for player's to get games in the meantime, however over time as activity further declines it would still become more and more difficult. 

Personally, i think the best system would be to remove the points filter whilst reducing the amount of nicknames a player can have in the ladder at one time, Id suggest three nicknames per player not per game account. I think this would result in more games being played and a more competitive ladder.

Thought's?

I think the pt filter should be removed after you have a certain amount of points, to prevent rank bashing.

I.e. after 150 pts or so you can match everyone higher than tou

This is a good idea

#17 LBL

LBL

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • XWIS Name: LBL

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

u cant rly compare yr with ra2, iirc no filter was invented at a point where rank 1 had around 300-400ptz (ra2 has around 700-900ptz) and it actually had way less players than ra2 has now.

the only possible way to increase ra2 qm activity with no filter would be all the highranked players joining qm and playing all the noobs and ppl with multiple accounts, which would just be disgusting.

i dont think qm is a problem for lowrated players, because there is way more lowrated than highrated players, not to forget all the ppl who use multiple nicks.

my point is, if ppl wanted to play, theyd just join qm n do so, a non-filter wont increase anything.

while meanwhile removing filter will actually decrease activity bigtime in higher ranked games, because the ppl who alrdy are afraid to lose their points will be even more attracted/forced to keep creating new accounts because of the non filter.

the way ra2 xwis runs now, imo the best option would be to extend filter.

but as u mentioned (if possible) the very best would be to allow 1-2 accounts per month, the problem there is again ppl with multiple serials...

so in the end, easiest/fastest/best option = extend filter, give it a go n see how it works like.

#18 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

I envy your care and involvement about Red Alert 2, keep it up 

#19 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

u cant rly compare yr with ra2, iirc no filter was invented at a point where rank 1 had around 300-400ptz (ra2 has around 700-900ptz) and it actually had way less players than ra2 has now.

the only possible way to increase ra2 qm activity with no filter would be all the highranked players joining qm and playing all the noobs and ppl with multiple accounts, which would just be disgusting.

i dont think qm is a problem for lowrated players, because there is way more lowrated than highrated players, not to forget all the ppl who use multiple nicks.

my point is, if ppl wanted to play, theyd just join qm n do so, a non-filter wont increase anything.

while meanwhile removing filter will actually decrease activity bigtime in higher ranked games, because the ppl who alrdy are afraid to lose their points will be even more attracted/forced to keep creating new accounts because of the non filter.

the way ra2 xwis runs now, imo the best option would be to extend filter.

but as u mentioned (if possible) the very best would be to allow 1-2 accounts per month, the problem there is again ppl with multiple serials...

so in the end, easiest/fastest/best option = extend filter, give it a go n see how it works like.

The multiple serial's issue in this matter could be resolved I believe.

#20 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

Remove it.

#21 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

u dont even play Qm Martin

#22 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:28 AM

The multiple serial's issue in this matter could be resolved I believe.

thought there was a forum rule, one account per person.

Player need's an account to link serial to

Correct me if I'am wrong.

9 nicks is enough I think, sorry if I'am going off topic

Edited by Enj0y, 19 February 2016 - 06:31 AM.

#23 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

how about changing the point system as a counter measure to widening the qm filter? people won't even need to bother starting qm until later in the month because of how easy it will be to gain points off higher ranked players with just a widened filter.

#24 firework

firework

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

remove it and lbl if u scred to lose ur points then dont do qm and stay in looby 

#25 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

u dont even play Martin

Fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users