Photo

Decreasing the amount of clans you can make per month.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

So, as we're all aware, we've increased the amount of games per 'best of' series for both CM and QM to help with the activity. I feel like we can do something else about the clan scene which is what the title suggests. 

The amount of clans made per month is ridiculous considering that it's not new teams. The only purpose its fulfilling is decreasing the amount of points clans get per month. People just make throw-away clans.

I understand that we can't force people to stick to 1 clan all month long, as much as I would love that so this would be the next option. Decrease the amount of clans people can make to 1 clan per nick per month. If they choose to delete their clan, they should not be allowed to remake another on that nick for the rest of the month. This will allow everyone to clan with different people and not just throw away a clan after each series played (or make them think twice about it atleast).

If this rule were to be implemented I believe we'll have a better point distribution which in turn will make the clan scene more competitive. 

Thoughts and/or Suggestions?

Edited by Edd, 29 January 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#2 BigDaddyMatt

BigDaddyMatt

Seal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

Part of the problem is people not sticking with their clan m8s. They get whooped one series vs good players and then they decide there's no point to that arrangement. So it's not just recycling clans that's the problem, it's recycling team m8s. It's also much easier for people to noob bash in tourny games. Can't really do that in CM, so less people participate now. 

#3 LBL

LBL

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • XWIS Name: LBL

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:43 PM

inb4 paf to quit ra2, if this happens.

#4 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:03 PM

I dont think this is a good idea, because most of ppl who don't stick as team is because they don't play active and just team up whenever they are online and want to play some 2on2cms, this is not year 2003, when xwis had a lot permanent clans, if more people started to make teams for clan, then this idea would be good, since we are less in activity, don't see how this would work. Personally I team a lot people to keep the ladder alive, we need to get more tourney players to play 2on2 clan matches, that's the only solution. 

#5 BigDaddyMatt

BigDaddyMatt

Seal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

How about you post a list of all your clans you've used just this month? Many of them were used for one or two series and then deleted. Then you create a new clan with the same person later on. 

#6 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:42 PM

@Matt - I see what you're saying. You're right, people are always swapping m8s left and right but, during that process, wouldn't it be better to invite those people you keep swapping in and out into that persons clan Instead of making an additional clan every single time?

@Tomi - Paf can benefit from it, imo. He likes to clan a lot and with different people, i'm sure he can arrange to keep a different m8 per clan. This will allow them to keep racking in points. 

@Paf - You have 9 nick names available, not including the additional ones everyone creates, so that's 9 different teamm8s you can play with. I don't think you play with more than 9 people and if you did, i'm sure you can have more than 1 m8 per clan.

I believe the main problem is stats. As Matt has said, once a team gets beat, they feel the need to create another clan so they dont have to keep such bad looking stats but honestly, who cares about stats?

Sexy, and i'm sure other clans, have been 'victim' to being forced to play a clan with no points while they have a clan with points but instead they choose to delete it and create that new one. Its happened more times than I can count. What's the purpose? I have no clue.

Edited by Edd, 28 January 2016 - 11:44 PM.

#7 heldro2

heldro2

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

what is the purpose of having 9 nicks anyway, never got that.

#8 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

I think clans should not be deletable similar to nicknames- you can make 1 clan per nick every 90 days

thats 9 clans per game account every 3 months- seems more than adequate. There is a real problem with clans being created and deleted too frequently

#9 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:24 AM

I think clans should not be deletable similar to nicknames- you can make 1 clan per nick every 90 days

thats 9 clans per game account every 3 months- seems more than adequate. There is a real problem with clans being created and deleted too frequently

I think this is better (and probably easier to implement)

#10 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:30 AM

Was going to suggest the same thing, then I saw your post.

#11 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:24 AM

I agree. Good one, Josh.

#12 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:19 AM

I dont think this is a good idea, because most of ppl who don't stick as team is because they don't play active and just team up whenever they are online and want to play some 2on2cms, this is not year 2003, when xwis had a lot permanent clans, if more people started to make teams for clan, then this idea would be good, since we are less in activity, don't see how this would work. Personally I team a lot people to keep the ladder alive, we need to get more tourney players to play 2on2 clan matches, that's the only solution.

Paf this topic is about you mostly. I told u many times to stick with 1 nickname and 1 clan but u always screw around making 1000 clans with 500 ppl and u delete 999 of them. This results in you never having pts = enemy gains less pts / lose alot = bad points exchange in general.

#13 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

tbh I was thinking of paf when I started reading topic.

Think Josh has right idea

Edited by Enj0y, 29 January 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#14 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Basically we'd like to have something where you don't have to create a clan but just select a 2v2 partner, other party does the same, and you play?

#15 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

The reason why i delete clans, is to make clan ladder longer, also then people will think "nice we have a top70 ladder, if they saw we had like top10 ladder only, nobody would play 2v2 clan games at all because then ppl would think "oh the ladder is not even top20", i used to delete clans months ago, haven't done it again  anymore lately, maybe few times, all this with making new clans will stop if we can get more players to play 2on2cm, also I have found a permanent team mate who is active almost everyday, whom i'm planning to play with from now, we started some days ago, so i don't think im have 100s of mates again.

We should get a 2on2 tournament soon, that would be great to promote 2on2 games

#16 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

The reason why i delete clans, is to make clan ladder longer, also then people will think "nice we have a top70 ladder, if they saw we had like top10 ladder only, nobody would play 2v2 clan games at all because then ppl would think "oh the ladder is not even top20", i used to delete clans months ago, haven't done it again anymore lately, maybe few times, all this with making new clans will stop if we can get more players to play 2on2cm, also I have found a permanent team mate who is active almost everyday, whom i'm planning to play with from now, we started some days ago, so i don't think im have 100s of mates again.

No no no Paf, this is only your own illusion. We all like to see you on 1 or a few main clans. And not deleting clans with ppl you ask to clan with. No1 is interested in a top 70 clan were 60 of them been removed. Use quality not quantitiy.

#17 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

No no no Paf, this is only your own illusion. We all like to see you on 1 or a few main clans. And not deleting clans with ppl you ask to clan with. No1 is interested in a top 70 clan were 60 of them been removed. Use quality not quantitiy.

+1

It doesnt make the ladder activ. It fakes the ladder. Deleted clans with 1 series. It's way better to have 10 clans with points instead of playing vs 0 point clans.

#18 BigDaddyMatt

BigDaddyMatt

Seal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/182840-2v2s-for-cash-and-prizes-january-2016/#entry1590422

#19 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

Basically we'd like to have something where you don't have to create a clan but just select a 2v2 partner, other party does the same, and you play?

Not exactly. Pretty much what Josh said...

I like this idea the best.

#20 BigDaddyMatt

BigDaddyMatt

Seal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

Paf claims if he has the same m8 every month he will beat everyone. So lets see him back that up for once instead of just ranting about bullshit.

#21 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

Paf claims if he has the same m8 every month he will beat everyone. So lets see him back that up for once instead of just ranting about bullshit.

Thats not true because i would need years to build up understanding just like you and max   :p, and being good clan does not mean you will always win every series always ;),  and what has your post to do anything with the topic anyways? Is this really about the discussion, because I don't believe that man ever landed on moon? LOl!

Edited by mzjpk, 29 January 2016 - 11:50 PM.

#22 BigDaddyMatt

BigDaddyMatt

Seal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:51 PM

So If I play with someone I've never played with before, vs you and someone you've teamed with many times, I wont win? 

Lol @ needing years to play with someone. Max + anyone would be good. Me + anyone would be good. That's why me + max are very good. Has nothing to do with the length of time we've played together. Any 2 people that are good 2v2 players should be able to be a good team. Your excuses are endless. Just in the last few days you've had a "fever", "not slept well", and "don't have perm m8". 

And where did I mention the moon...? You spam me for like 30min on skype about how nobody ever landed on the moon. I  barley even respond to you because you're psychotic and I'm used to it. I mean today alone you ranted about how the weather is changing and that certain nations will be destroyed by god because of their sins (LOL), how WW3 is approaching (LOL), and how nobody ever landed on the moon (LOL).It's like you want people to think you're stupid. 

#23 vladimir112

vladimir112

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:16 AM

Well since i played alot of 2v2 games , i figured that the best or the only 2 active clans are sexy and -1- In general sexy has like 4 active players for 2v2 and -1- has only max and matt what i want to say this isn't going to help anything for the competition of 2v2 , its the samething all the time , sexy or -1- or paf who had never been rank 1 recently So topic wil close glhf every1

#24 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

Well since i played alot of 2v2 games , i figured that the best or the only 2 active clans are sexy and -1- In general sexy has like 4 active players for 2v2 and -1- has only max and matt what i want to say this isn't going to help anything for the competition of 2v2 , its the samething all the time , sexy or -1- or paf who had never been rank 1 recently So topic wil close glhf every1

clan rank means 0 with the situation right now, only 2 permanent clan plays, and then we got mixed ppl who team with anyone randomly, means nothing. We should focus on getting more permanent teams and then it would be motivating for a lot ppl to play for rank, 

Edited by mzjpk, 30 January 2016 - 04:40 PM.

#25 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

You guys have a twisted mindset. Steffen, Sam and I have been teaming for years, yes... You're right. That isn't necessarily what makes us good. I just recently started clanning with Frank and we've already been raping, same with frank and Steffen. Maybe you should worry about getting better individually instead of making excuses about people being 'permanent' teams.

Like Steffen mentioned earlier, I would rather have 10 clans with points in the ladder than 50 clans in which 45 of them have 0-100 pts and already deleted clans.

You've been teaming with the same mixture of people for years yourself, paf. That already makes you guys permanent. Whether it's only 1 person or 5 different ones. I mean, it's not like you team with hundreds of different people. It's always the same group. You guys should be pro by now, according to your standards.

Tip - Maybe you guys will get better if you stop selling your mcv every game and using the same bo on every map. That gets old quick.

I still stand by Josh's idea and I really hope that it gets implemented.

Edited by Edd, 30 January 2016 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users