2 replies to this topic

#1 Milambar3

Milambar3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

I am sorry but I need to ask this, are you using the game servers to modify the computer AI settings for games with computer controlled players?

If so, please tell me how I can restore the settings to default, without having to reinstall again. My friend and I like to play cooperative matches against the computer, but we've both noticed that the computer AI is getting substantially more and more difficult, to the point where its becoming unenjoyable for us.

I appreciate that a lot of you here are what we'd term "hardcore players", but considering that you are the "official" servers having taken over from WWOL, you should at least leave the game settings at "normal", instead of using the client to crank up the difficulty of the computer controlled players.

The reason I need to ask if you are modifying the game, is because the timestamp of RA.ini advances every time I play. I can't think of any other thing that would cause the AI to get so difficult, compared to how it was on a brand new vanilla install.

Thanks

#2 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:40 AM

The computer controlled players are not modified. Perhaps you played a modded map with modified AIs?

#3 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:15 AM

Hey honey! You don't need to be sorry when asking questions.

Computer players are controlled by your own computer and the setting you chose for them (Easy, Medium, Hard, Brutal). This is true for every official Westwood map!

Some modded maps, notably so called "survival maps" have way more difficult AI, though. You should be careful when playing them (even I can't beat those and I have several Rank #1s). If you're playing modded survival maps start with only 1 Easy or Medium Computer opponent and work your way up. :)
The survival maps made by "ZiiP" are the most difficult (I have never beaten any of them, I only play on Brutal, though). :p

Edited by Sustanon, 13 January 2016 - 05:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users