#1 cnanubis

cnanubis

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

hi guy!

l want to know to how to play arctic circle, could you give me a website about it? l remmeber  a classical video in which

Karel1400 vs PLAYSMART ,

BUT L CANT FIND IT ,WHO CAN GIVE ME?

THX

#2 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

Search alexgomad YouTube he has a great artic video

#3 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

SiRaLeX to the rescue...

Best soviet player back then.

#4 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:46 AM

Enjoying vids.

did'nt see them yet but still

#5 krim

krim

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6373 posts
  • XWIS Name: KriM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

I used to love this map SvS.

If you are on the edge near a service depot, just make 2 engis 4 dogs send 1st engi to depot and build ref off that. Then have other engi capture a mid derrick, build warf off of it then another rax and 3 engis for the rest of the derricks in mid.

If you are near the mid make 1 engi, 4 dogs, and 4 engis from the start and capture a mid derrick asap and build ref off of it.

1 miner is all you need, any more is pointless and any less will be low money. After 2nd ref (3 miners) make a navy, transport, and 3 engis from your mid rax and send them north or south to the other 3 tech buildings (dont forget to use transport to scout the opposite side]). Immediately tech up after navy and make dread/squid/kirov. At this point you need 1-2 more refs and can then go and make a bunch of warfs or you can make another navy off your north or south tech buildings so you can reach his base. I like to have a kirov asap to take out his north/south tech buildings if he captures them, if not kirov could still be snuck along the edge of the map (many ppl don't bother capturing them).

Don't forget antiscout on this map. It is incredibly easy to antiscout especially if you have a mid starting location where you are on an island (2 sentry guns). if he goes 0 miner/tries to press you should have enough money for fodder/sentrys and desos will be available soon as well. 

#6 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

Disagreed on the depot. You need your first engis for mid buildings ( less chance for engi eat and possible to place war there ) the first ref you can just place towards the gem field. The loss in time for the miner is not that big and you have enough money anyway in that stage of the game.

#7 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

from br send first engi to mid oil, then 2nd engi up towards R depot, then dog to scout the path to the depot (the engi must walk directly to it) you may place your first ref at the depot without building it late and place your warfactory at mid

#8 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:40 AM

Maybe you noticed that both of those games that I posted are SvA with same spots.

In one of them I took depot (and got engi eaten by QQbattle), in the other I didn't take depot (against Marsh without engi eat).

Edited by Sustanon, 09 January 2016 - 02:41 AM.

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

I dunno I didn't watch ur links

#10 krim

krim

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6373 posts
  • XWIS Name: KriM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

Disagreed on the depot. You need your first engis for mid buildings ( less chance for engi eat and possible to place war there ) the first ref you can just place towards the gem field. The loss in time for the miner is not that big and you have enough money anyway in that stage of the game.

Not gonna argue with that, you know much more than me since i haven't really played in a years  :p

Never have to worry about eat though since Id only capture the closest derrick in the mid, build warf off it and a new rax immediately after and make the rest of my engis in mid (This is only on an outer starting location, on an inner location I worry about the depot last and send engis to mid asap). But i never once had to worry about eat on the outer locations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users