Photo

Where can I get h263 Enoder for HyperCam 2?

Best Answer rumblesom, 14 December 2015 - 11:05 PM

Try obs Aleks it's what i use Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

Hello guys and gals! I'd like to record some RA2 videos, again. Does anyone have a clue where I can get a h263 Encoder for HyperCam 2 or another better idea? I've searched but to no avail.

I only have 2 not-very-strong CPU cores available (Broadwell Core i3-5010U @ 2.10 GHz), so recording in most other formats is not an option and would lag the game horribly.  :(  It has to work on a single core.

Any help would be much appreciated, you'll be rewarded with some cool RA2 videos!  :)

Edited by Sustanon, 14 December 2015 - 04:57 PM.

#2 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: GAM3R

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

camtasia studio i think it'd be good

#3 JonasAKAFaze

JonasAKAFaze

The BH Master

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • XWIS Name: Faze

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

Use Bandicam.

#4 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:53 PM

Your best bet is to try with H.264 but it will most likely lag at your resolution.

Edited by dsector, 14 December 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#5 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

Why don't you record as flash file?

#6 Sustanon

Sustanon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

Thanks guys, so, so much! I will give every single one of your ideas a shot!  :)

I figured that if I set affinity of HyperCam to a single CPU core (RA2 has its own scream_in_love.gif) it can't possibly lag the game! But the recording itself might get weird and skippy. So I need to find the best possible recording setting that is capable to record my resolution at good quality on a single core (difficult task). writing.gif

Keep the ideas coming though! very_happy.gif

Edited by Sustanon, 14 December 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#7 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:52 PM

I will remember you. Going to sleep soon.

thank you :(

Your best bet is to try with H.264 but it will most likely lag at your resolution.

You are always so kind.

#8 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:05 PM   Best Answer

Try obs Aleks it's what i use

#9 Sustanon

Sustanon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

I guess "obs" is the name of the program? Haha! Got me thinking about "observer".

Anyways, this is my PC configuration (I built it myself! Am quite proud of that, haha!):

system.png details.png

:p

#10 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:43 PM

You have a PCIe SSD or are those screenshots from a while ago? :p I only managed to get a 7.9 hard drive index score with a RAID 0 configuration between two Samsung EVO PROs (not that the Windows score matters for anything).

Edited by dsector, 14 December 2015 - 11:44 PM.

#11 Sustanon

Sustanon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

Nope, it's SATA 6.0Gb/s! To be exact 128 GB Crucial M550 M.2 Type 2280 and it has seen about a year of quite heavy use before I installed this Windows 7 on it a month ago. :p

Doesn't change the fact that the CPU is weak though :p and I have no way of upgrading it because it's soldered onto the mainboard :ranting: but it has its benefits, it's very small and silent!  :yes:

#12 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

Speaking about small and portable, I have one of these that I sometimes carry with me. A fully functional computer (minus the monitor) and yes, you can play RA2 on it :p

In-stock-2015-New-Original-Raspberry-Pi-

Edited by dsector, 15 December 2015 - 04:06 AM.

#13 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

Software can't really make that much of a difference in speed (except over-clocking software) imo anyway, and I've been through what you're going through now. At the end I went 'fk it' and bought a much better gpu. There are several decent gpu benchmark sites out there but I've found this one to be pretty good:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/index.php

Your Intel HD 5500 doesn't rank high enough in my opinion to record in your reso, especially when there are a lot of units on the screen. So here's my suggestion: stop taking Sustanon and probably protein drinks for a little while and for a couple of hundred bucks (maybe cheaper where you're from I don't know), you can get a pretty good high end gpu and not bother with having to tweak codecs and settings and what have you. Not to insult you or anything but I don't know your financial status so if you need it I'll throw in a few bucks if you're short.

Edited by fir3w0rx, 15 December 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#14 Sustanon

Sustanon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

Well, I installed OBS as Josh suggested and it has everything. :wub:

Speaking about small and portable, I have one of these that I sometimes carry with me. A fully functional computer (minus the monitor) and yes, you can play RA2 on it :p

Haha, that's a Raspberry PI 2. Are you serious about RA2? I assume you didn't try it. Sounds like a contender for a 5 FPS slideshow at lowest resolution, at best, to me. :p

My PC isn't all that much bigger though! It's just 10cm x 10cm (4" x 4") and 3.5cm (1.5") high.

Software can't really make that much of a difference in speed (except over-clocking software) imo anyway, and I've been through what you're going through now. At the end I went 'fk it' and bought a much better gpu. There are several decent gpu benchmark sites out there but I've found this one to be pretty good:

The choice of the right software does make a huge difference. So much more so than overclocking that you can't even compare them.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/index.php

Your Intel HD 5500 doesn't rank high enough in my opinion to record in your reso, especially when there are a lot of units on the screen.

Video encoding isn't usually done on the graphics card. While it's possible, it's definitely not the norm. Your link is most probably about 3D performance and hence irrelevant. :rolleyes:

#15 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

nuc no suck

#16 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

How do u record ra2 @ full screen (Ive managed to record only cropped image of ra2 although other games/desktop applications are recorded normally). Do u use game capture (streched)/window capture/ monitor capture (tried all of them)I guess this is the part where some editing must be done.
P.S. or do u run ra2 (windowed mode? :/ but then it requires to set bit colors to 16 bit which is stupid).

#17 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

Well, I installed OBS as Josh suggested and it has everything. :wub:

So have you been streaming or recording again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users