Photo

Edd vs Piners 2

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: EvP

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who will win the 2015 winter classic salty suite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 LetsBoogie

LetsBoogie

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

A poor demonstration of which faction is better. Edd has spent far more time playing allies than frank's played sov. Edd's allies = avg. Frank's sovs = below avg, so I'd say Edd will win. Why not just play normal teams? If that happens, I'd bet on Frank. 

#27 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

Piners -

50% of maps are total sov maps. 30% give sov slight advantage, 15% its even. and 5% allies have slight advantage

Josh -

sovs are easy mode, close-your-eyes-and-win mode frank remember? no need to practice them, esp not for a matchup vs a "brainless sov" whos trying to switch to a faction that has no 'mathematical' chance of winning on 50% of the maps.

Edd - 

Lol, well.... I asked piners to play already before I made this topic and he said he wouldn't have any free time till sunday.  Looks like he just wanted to practice though... http://xwis.net/ra2/screenshots/3749148/

http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/ragerape/

Lmao.  Taking it way serious.  This series could've been done by now!  But its fine, practice practice practice!

Pompski - 

That SS is hilarious, after all the talk.

Piners - 

How did I know you would catch me edd. gj. I think ur up 1-0 already cuz of this.

Piners -k. So do u wanna do it or not ? First to 10 games. Post results. If u win more than 2 I owe u a beer.
PiNeRs,

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

ra2 nubs gonna be owing me some brew yo. id rather not get raped by the best player on earth tho. Thank-- I don't play anymore, but that's more than enough to beat edd.

PiNeRs, on 09 Dec 2013 - 04:41, said:

snapback.png

Not all of us still have time to play this game 24/7 mikoz   :no: .   I can't really do anything vs anyone anymore, not just edd.

Seems like theres a few of you who don't really know what's going on. This isn't just a swap to show which faction is better, it goes deeper.

I've posted some quotes from the original "Edd vs Piners" topic to spark some fight into this. 

I wish I can find the topic that sparked this whole thing up. If I remember correctly, Frank basically said that Sovs can be played by anyone and win against allieds ... sovs require 0 skill.. etc. I responded with something along the lines of ... some if not most of the new maps made it a fair game for allies and sovs. I strongly believed that if a "good" allied player played against "good" sov player, the allied would win. Basically, allies are over powered with the addition of the new maps.

I put all his words to the test by doing the swap games, where he got to prove how easy Sovs were and I got to prove that allieds are OP with the addition of the new maps. 

The results: 

Final score Edd 10 Piners 5.

Maps played:

Heartland - Edd

Tournament Map A - Edd

Heck RvR - Edd

Golden State Valley - Edd

Golden State Fwy - Piners

Tournament Map B - Edd

Heck Corners - Piners

Little Piece of Islands - Edd

Morningtide - Piners

Caverns of Siberia - Edd

Snow Valley - Piners

South Pacific - Edd

Landmarks - Edd

Divide and Conquer - Piners

Montana DMZ - Edd

Funny part is, we only played 4 of the new maps and he got to play on some of the completely one sided "sov" maps that he claimed. 

With all that being said... like Frank has said, we've been long time rivals but with all honesty, I respect him. Frank is one of the only players I really enjoy playing against, whether I win or lose. Most of our ideologies are alike except when It comes to ra2. That's why I find our feud so great. Frank is a great player, skill wise and personality wise. This match will be a lot harder than last time and I honestly expect to lose this one. I can sense the fire in his eyes!

Edited by Edd, 18 November 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#28 LetsBoogie

LetsBoogie

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

I strongly believed that if a "good" allied player played against "good" sov player, the allied would win. Basically, allies are over powered with the addition of the new maps.

:huh:

In any case, frank's sovs are not good. If you believe your allies are "good" and you want to play against a "good" sov, then you should be playing someone else to prove your point. 

Edited by LetsBoogie, 18 November 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#29 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:54 PM

I'm playing as the soviets.

I'm winning as the soviets.

#30 lmworried

lmworried

Korean Warlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:57 AM

great to see a healthy rivalry - there's never been many on this game in my opinion!
Both great players but I love watching Edd's gameplay - underrated IMO
Me and Kie usually have a debate about players and I know he is a big fan of Frank so he can fly the Piners flag and me the Edd flag lol :gossip:

You are correct sir!
I'll be voting frank!

#31 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

hahaha this is GREAT :D! Frank and Edd are both great players who are capable of a lot. I gotta pull for Frank, he's my allied brother and showed me the light with the allied faction. Frank & I have had some very good games in the past and in the presence. I have played vs Edd in the past and he has also beaten me. This is a very close match up. Playing vs Edd's sovs has always been very hard, but I have beaten him. I remember that time he thought he could bo9 me AvA hehe, pretty sure I ended up on top ;) thanks to those 100's of AvA games i played vs Mason and Frank. Edd's sovs have never been easy to beat, nor has Franks allies. There have been games where Frank really dropped my jaw in disbelief. I think the main factor will be consistency and timing in these matches, which vs these players has to be nearly perfect to win. Good luck to the both of you. Pineybaby <3 GET EM' - even tho ur playing sov? haha. Sov nubs :wub:

Edited by BeHumble, 19 November 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#32 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:41 PM

I put all his words to the test by doing the swap games, where he got to prove how easy Sovs were and I got to prove that allieds are OP with the addition of the new maps.

In all honesty and sanity it comes down to how the factions are played.

Most of the oldskoolers however agreed that the desolator is ridicolously over-powered in terms of firepower per cost.

#33 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

In all honesty and sanity it comes down to how the factions are played.

Most of the oldskoolers however agreed that the desolator is ridicolously over-powered in terms of firepower per cost.

QFT!

#34 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:44 PM

A poor demonstration of which faction is better. Edd has spent far more time playing allies than frank's played sov. Edd's allies = avg. Frank's sovs = below avg, so I'd say Edd will win. Why not just play normal teams? If that happens, I'd bet on Frank. 

Since Edd has taken the liberty of letting the trash talk commence, I will do some myself.  The above sentence is 100% true. The reason is that I never ever ever play sov. I took what I called "the allied vow" with some of my allied colleagues back in the day where it was allies ONLY, every game (even lbl meat), which I held true to and literally didn't play soviet one game! until the time of that challenge. And since then, I have very very verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryy rarely used them. In other words, I am strictly an allied player. Edd, on the other hand, is not strictly a soviet player and never has been. He has used allies on the reg in 2v2 cm for years granting him a huge, and I mean huge edge in experience.

In reality, it is entirely unfair to say that this match is a test for our previous debockle about game balance.  A more fair matchup would be if practiced for 2 years to catch up, or if I played vs a player who didn't pretend like they never play allies, and instead they actually never play allies, such as mikoz, luft or showtime. 

Even with such a disadvantage ill get the W.

Edd is Noob.

Sov are OP.

#35 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:56 PM

This sounds remarkably similar to the typical allied pre-excuses. These type of comments make me believe ppl play allies to justify their losses. Ugly! Go EDD

#36 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:02 PM

Since Edd has taken the liberty of letting the trash talk commence, I will do some myself.  The above sentence is 100% true. The reason is that I never ever ever play sov. I took what I called "the allied vow" with some of my allied colleagues back in the day where it was allies ONLY, every game (even lbl meat), which I held true to and literally didn't play soviet one game! until the time of that challenge. And since then, I have very very verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryy rarely used them. In other words, I am strictly an allied player. Edd, on the other hand, is not strictly a soviet player and never has been. He has used allies on the reg in 2v2 cm for years granting him a huge, and I mean huge edge in experience.

In reality, it is entirely unfair to say that this match is a test for our previous debockle about game balance.  A more fair matchup would be if practiced for 2 years to catch up, or if I played vs a player who didn't pretend like they never play allies, and instead they actually never play allies, such as mikoz, luft or showtime. 

Even with such a disadvantage ill get the W.

Edd is Noob.

Sov are OP.

Lol, you're right... i've played as allies in the past and still do but my main faction has always been soviets. I can humbly say that i'd rate my soviets at an 8-9 out of 10 in how good I am with them and maybe a 6-7 with allies.  Either way, I never denied playing as allies or pretended like I never played them, so lets not get that mixed up. 

I've already explained why this challenge was created. I'll try to explain it again.

Frank thinks sovs are brainless and any retard can play with them and win because soviets require 0 skill. There was a topic with about 2 pages of Frank and other allied players bashing on how easy soviets are and how tough allies are .. etc.  I argued back saying I think allies are really strong with the addition of the new maps. Thus, Frank (a non-brainless player) challenged me and said that if I got atleast 2 wins on him while I played as allies and him as sovs, that he'd owe me a beer.

Edited by Edd, 20 November 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#37 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:17 AM

l0l don't u worry, ill get u that beer. Oddly enough my computer that I use to ra2 just officially crapped out on me. Perfect timing ofc, but hilarious because now I have to go to best buy specifically to purchase a shitty laptop for this match.

"So what are you looking for s.." cut him off mid-sentence

"I need to beat edd as sov"    

The things I do for u guys  

#38 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:30 AM

lmao

#39 Shuk

Shuk

RUSH finally in rock and roll HOF!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • XWIS Name: AnarchyX

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:04 AM

This sounds remarkably similar to the typical allied pre-excuses. These type of comments make me believe ppl play allies to justify their losses. Ugly! Go EDD

+1

To the guy above who says that Edd's allied is average, I think that's ridiculous.

Maybe said a bit tongue in cheek... but even in the stream Frank asked Edd to prove its not Adam (haha) which I think shows respectfully that Edd cant half play a good allied game.

IMO thats why Edd is underrated due to his intelligence using both factions. Frank seems very confident though so best of luck to both. Cant wait to watch.

#40 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

To the guy above who says that Edd's allied is average, I think that's ridiculous.

I belive that I've never seen Edd tech up as an Allied faction, which is what makes him avarage, he plays Allied like Sov, at a basic level.
The reason for why he's good with both factions, is because he's always clanning and playing 2v2's, he's alert and has some pretty awesome unit control for the basic units.
Unfortunately Frank is not that great at multi tasking as Edd, but he does have a good ability to make game plans. (on his maps). xD

#41 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

I've played both factions at a very high level, and allied vs. soviet is definitely harder than soviet vs. soviet or soviet vs. allied and I really am perplexed as to how this still gets debated lol.

#42 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

People are in denial, that's how.

#43 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

I've played both factions at a very high level, and allied vs. soviet is definitely harder than soviet vs. soviet or soviet vs. allied and I really am perplexed as to how this still gets debated lol.

Sorry but the game changes and new tactics develop, you are just outdated in your thinking. You might have been good but compared to players now, it seems like you dont know what youre talking about. (Sound familiar? :D)

Most of my comments are in the old thread but this time it seems Piners is way less rusty, i would expect piners to win this match-up but it just seems like Edd's the man and quite frankly, PiNers is gonna have to earn his respect/win. Or end up just turning out to be "the guy who always said sovs was overpowered, but couldnt prove it".
Gl hf should be a fun series to watch.

#44 LetsBoogie

LetsBoogie

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

Maybe said a bit tongue in cheek... but even in the stream Frank asked Edd to prove its not Adam (haha) which I think shows respectfully that Edd cant half play a good allied game.

IMO thats why Edd is underrated due to his intelligence using both factions. Frank seems very confident though so best of luck to both. Cant wait to watch.

Half play a good allied game? Pretty sure that means average.

#45 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

Didn't read the topic. Thought this was a serious "tournament" with PiNeRs playing America.

The allied faction, played properly, is very hard to beat for any soviet (I know what I'm talking about. RaNk #1, been there, plenty times). Take two equally skilled players, the player playing the allied faction will obliterate the soviet in every series of games.

If you believe that the allied faction is weaker because grizzly tanks are weaker than rhino tanks, think again. Grizzly tanks cost less and are faster, which makes up for that. Then the allied faction also has rocketeers, paradrops, planes, tech, ore purifier, you name it...

If you don't believe me:

Grizzly tanks cost 700 $
Rhino tanks cost 900 $

Line up 7 rhino tanks against 9 grizzly tanks with someone allied to you (both cost exactly the same, do the math, it's 6300 $).

Break the alliance and let the tanks shoot each other. If you think the rhino tanks will win, well, then you're pretty dumb. No-one will "win"  ;)  because rhino tanks and grizzly tanks are well balanced. The imbalance comes into play with everything else that the allied faction has, add a free paradrop and the rhino tanks will literally melt away - that's an imbalance.

Edited by Sustanon, 21 November 2015 - 10:16 PM.

#46 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

You're forgetting the role that longer range on the Rhinos plays.

It's not as simple as lining up the tanks and letting them shoot each other at close range.

#47 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:35 PM

You're forgetting the role that longer range on the Rhinos plays.
It's not as simple as lining up the tanks and letting them shoot each other at close range.

Well, rhinos do have longer range. Obviously a heavier tank will have a longer barrel and will hence be able to shoot farther. But grizzly tanks, being lighter are faster.

Do you realize this? Grizzly tanks are equal to rhino tanks on a bang per buck viewpoint.

Range and speed are different, indeed, range in favor of the rhino and speed in favor of the grizzly and you're underestimating the huge role the speed difference plays. :)

Edited by Sustanon, 21 November 2015 - 10:38 PM.

#48 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:11 AM

Didn't read the topic. Thought this was a serious "tournament" with PiNeRs playing America.

The allied faction, played properly, is very hard to beat for any soviet (I know what I'm talking about. RaNk #1, been there, plenty times). Take two equally skilled players, the player playing the allied faction will obliterate the soviet in every series of games.

If you believe that the allied faction is weaker because grizzly tanks are weaker than rhino tanks, think again. Grizzly tanks cost less and are faster, which makes up for that. Then the allied faction also has rocketeers, paradrops, planes, tech, ore purifier, you name it...

If you don't believe me:

Im not sure who said this, but the reason sovs have always been overpowered is the Desolator and the Iron Curtain.
Yes grizzly tanks are plastic, that just makes it worse for them lol

#49 LetsBoogie

LetsBoogie

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:01 AM

Sov is easily more OP just because it's better in a lot more situations than allies. The range on rhinos is very valuable. They can shoot pills while out of range of griz. They can slap griz while running away. And of course desos...

People cry a lot about mirage etc, but a few desos can kill a whole mirage army. Only OP thing about allies is a spy. 

#50 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

Sov is easily more OP just because it's better in a lot more situations than allies. The range on rhinos is very valuable. They can shoot pills while out of range of griz. They can slap griz while running away. And of course desos...

People cry a lot about mirage etc, but a few desos can kill a whole mirage army. Only OP thing about allies is a spy. 

I think ore purifier and navy is also pretty OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users