#1 zagueiro

zagueiro

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • XWIS Name: Jefferson

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:01 AM

When I play online, I play as the Soviets. The reason why is because I played through their campaign and loved it. Obviously the ai is dumber than real humans. How can I defeat this combo? I tried drones on flaks, desolators, etc. Is it really unbeatable as the Soviets(A.K.A. Iraq cus it's the only good soviet country)? First they beat miragers, Prisms at front then rocketeers above, and missile launchers behind. It's literally impossible for me to defeat this combo as the Soviets. I can't rush well and there are maps that discourage rushing.

Edited by zagueiro, 07 November 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#2 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:27 AM

First, what is a 'missle launcher?'

Strategy:
1. Rush. Soviets have great rush ability, in your best bet to learn this.
2. Use iraq always and learn to use desolators. If the game gets to a late game where there is a lot of mirages and prisms, it is very hard to beat. You will need to out play them with lots of desolaters in flak traks. The flak traks will keep the rockies away until your run right into the enemies army with flak traks from every direction and then immediately deploy and kill all of his tanks.

3. Flak owns rockies. You will need to out manuever the allied opponent, but flak > rockies. It just takes 2-3 flak traks to take out a large army of rocketeers.

4. Finally, just ram in with rhino tanks after the desos did the job.

#3 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:50 AM

http://youtu.be/AiTJWqqdnTQ

Here's a good video showing how to beat mirages

#4 zagueiro

zagueiro

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:03 AM

First, what is a 'missle launcher?'

Strategy:
1. Rush. Soviets have great rush ability, in your best bet to learn this.
2. Use iraq always and learn to use desolators. If the game gets to a late game where there is a lot of mirages and prisms, it is very hard to beat. You will need to out play them with lots of desolaters in flak traks. The flak traks will keep the rockies away until your run right into the enemies army with flak traks from every direction and then immediately deploy and kill all of his tanks.

3. Flak owns rockies. You will need to out manuever the allied opponent, but flak > rockies. It just takes 2-3 flak traks to take out a large army of rocketeers.

4. Finally, just ram in with rhino tanks after the desos did the job.

2: I can't get my flaks to their front line because they are stacked. Once they blow up my flaks, my desos are exposed and gets crushed. Can't beat them with air because of stacked air units and IFVs. The soviets are underpowered in terms of air units, so there is no use to beat them in air. I can't move my flaks filled with desos and can't use air units to break the prism tanks. Which is the reason why I think this is impossible to counter for Soviets. Basically, Prism tanks helps rocketeers by destroying flaks and rocketeers & IFVs help prism tanks by destroy siege choppers.

#5 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:01 AM

You must understand -- this is the beauty of red alert 2 allies vs. soviets. It's a game of micro-management. You must be able to manage your units better than the other team.

There are many different situations, which are you talking about?

In a highly competitive game, the video rumbel posted is something you should look at.

In a less competitive game, perhaps a fun for all game, where the allied player has a HUGE army of mirages/prisms, then you need to have a HUGE amount of flaks with loaded desolators.

You need to be able to time them properly as well, once your flaks die to the prisms you will only have a split second to deploy the desolater and get damage on them.
Also, you need to be able to micro-manage the flak traks from multiple sides. One tactic on the map beach frontier that I used was to load 30 or so flak traks with 5 desolators each. I would attack a huge allied army with 5 from the right, 5 from the left, and then some rhinos, and then 5 more to the right, 5 more to the left, and then 10 straight up the middle.
Eventually you will get some in, and once the allied player makes one mistake, you have killed most of their army with one unit -- desolater. And when that happens, you run in with your rhinos.

Also, on big money maps like that, a VERY good tactic is 100's of apocolypse tanks with 10000's of desolators. you can deploy desolators while the apocs attack and since apocs have so much armour they won't take much damage.

#6 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:45 AM

IMHO, you can't really beat a good allied just like that in a long game.

As a soviet you have to have far superior skills to beat an allied player. Which means, yes, you can beat them but only if you're like RaNk #1 material and they're trash as otherwise you're very much out of luck. Allied players know how to deal with desos, especially good ones. There's always the other option to just lower yourself to their level, pick America too and mass produce prism and mirage tanks. :)

Edited by Sustanon, 07 November 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#7 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:36 AM

Well since its ra2 and not yr, you could always do the overpowered oldschool Apoc+deso push.

But how i used to do it on yr was drive my tanks right thriugh his mirage and have my flaks mixed with my tank army, desos do way more damage to mirage,prism, grizzly,and ifvs then they do against rhinos.

But deso apoc push is easy, deploy desos, drive over radiation with alocolypse tanks, move deso forward and deploy again.
Apocs shoots air and tanks+desos dont hurt them tooooooo much. In ra2 this is a very tough tactic to use as well as defend against.

#8 zagueiro

zagueiro

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

The video doesn't really show mirage, prism tank, and rocketeer combo, so I guess no one really did beat this combo. I can beat mirages alone, but the combo is what kills me. Every allied player I played against use this combo, and I can't seem to fight back.

#9 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

Zag, the goal of a soviet games is to not get to that point.
It's a bad situation to be in.

The only hope is desolators, that is -literally- the only hope. But that is precisely what makes iraq the best team.

The map/situation changes a lot in terms of how to go about this / strategy.

#10 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

IMHO, you can't really beat a good allied just like that in a long game.

As a soviet you have to have far superior skills to beat an allied player. Which means, yes, you can beat them but only if you're like RaNk #1 material and they're trash as otherwise you're very much out of luck. Allied players know how to deal with desos, especially good ones. There's always the other option to just lower yourself to their level, pick America too and mass produce prism and mirage tanks. :)

yeah that doesn't work well

if you go ava your better off massing prisms griz and rockies and leaving mirages out of the equation

mirages are only good in the begging stage of teching, make about 8-10 and switch to massing prisms, you'll go a lot further in the long game and will beat a deso / mirage push easily.

#11 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:27 PM

He's talking about yr. Just deploy 50 siege choppers with some flaks behind them. Most powerful unit in the game once u have enough. Prizim bfs mirage all become useless. Works vs Yuri aswell.

#12 zagueiro

zagueiro

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

He's talking about yr. Just deploy 50 siege choppers with some flaks behind them. Most powerful unit in the game once u have enough. Prizim bfs mirage all become useless. Works vs Yuri aswell.I

I can't defeat the stacks of IFVs that just destroys my choppers. I need a unit that can soak up prism damage, destroys the IFVs, prisms.

#13 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:53 PM

I can't defeat the stacks of IFVs that just destroys my choppers. I need a unit that can soak up prism damage, destroys the IFVs, prisms.

how to beat allied tech 101 (ra2)

step 1.) make radar and battle lab + cloning vat

step 2.) make 10 desos

step 3.) make 4 flack tracks for desos

step 4.) load 20 desos in flack

step 5.) engage battle with tanks and drive 4 flacks around back, deploy flacks and drop desos

step 6.) gg

#14 GAM3R01

GAM3R01

GOT BORED !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: GAM3R

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

http://youtu.be/AiTJWqqdnTQ

Here's a good video showing how to beat mirage

Latof is an over-skilled cheater wtf was that :)

#15 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

Latof cheats !! Every 1 knows !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users