RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:28 PM

Ok so the map is here :

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=72096970937432952702

The few 2v2s i've had on it, LvR seems to be pretty good. (Tl corner vs tr and br)
Those are the only spawns that ive gotten so far.

Although i will Upgrade this map, it is somewhat playable at the moment and needs some games to work out some more kinks.
The bulk of it is finished. im not sure if its too big for a 2v2? but the point of the map is no matter where you spawn it should be a GG.

Some questions i'd like answered
1. Too many resources? should i lessen the gems?
2. the whole RIGHT side of the map is gonna get a makeover(The most Eastern part) , i have some ideas but i feel the map needs to be played to figure out whats best.
(i'm not good enough to do what i originally wanted, so i have to come up with something else)
3. is this map balanced? too big?
in a 1v1 allies probably have the upper hand here (To Be Determined)
however in a 2v2 it should be ok?

Remember this was started originally as a 6 player FFA map lol

Edit: yes there is/are some ramp glitches like snow valley, again im not good enough to fix them right now, but they shouldnt be too much of a problem.

ExpaNd (Testing).jpg

Edited by ExpaNd, 29 October 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#2 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

Where's the preview?

#3 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

Where's the preview?

Edit:
Added map preview

Edited by ExpaNd, 29 October 2015 - 06:29 PM.

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:30 AM

I can get on for about an hour or so if anybody wants to play some 2v2s on this map
Or 1v1s i guess
Edit: 2vs 4 brutal enemy here is pretty tough lol

Edited by ExpaNd, 01 November 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#5 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

It's a shame no one has shown interest, it looks like fun.

From the preview I can tell you it's ugly as shit (probably why people aren't interested), too many cramped places and bland in others. I'll assume it's unfinished. I insist you make your ramps wider and your cliff edges more rugged (which is much easier than it seems at first, play around more, I think we can agree the flat cliff faces are unnatural and wrong). 

We should have some games on it before I say anymore, but I'd like you to improve it again and move closer to finalisation before doing so. I'd suggest simplifying some parts to improve maneuverability around the map, such as the unnecessary bridges (which you seem to love). The strips of water too seem counter productive to me, instead of complicating gameplay they run the risk of funneling units. However, I wouldn't go about removing them all, or any if you really can justify them. I can see how you've tried to influence exciting game-play but I think you've gone about it inaccurately. You need to broaden your horizons but without forgetting the minor details, concentrate on the flow of the game and creating objectives for the players to play to, significant objectives which will dictate the game in its entirety. 

Edited by DylHole, 25 November 2015 - 08:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users