30 replies to this topic

#26 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

i think maybe u should just buy a better computer with at least windows 7, might help with ur other problems as well

Maybe you should make more compatible software?

#27 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

unbiased claim much, my shit works plenty fine

#28 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:25 PM

It should work 100% fine!
Telling people to change OS for your software is a bad development habit. xD

#29 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

I think the ability to make "shit" just work in any environment is a large portion in what sets an exceptional software engineer apart from a great software engineer. It's a good indicator of true mastery of his/her science.
But frankly, I'm not perfect either. I usually employ guinea pigs that (extensively) test my software on Windows XP/Vista for me. :)

BTW, zzattack uses .NET as the "easy way out" for just about anything, anyway.

It should work 100% fine!
Telling people to change OS for your software is a bad development habit. xD

Bad habits are like ghosts haunting me, but ghosts haunting me aren't defining me, ghosts taunting me are reminding me.

unbiased claim much, my shit works plenty fine

Change the way you act, not just the way you think. Change the way you live, live by the words you say.

Edited by Sustanon, 06 November 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#30 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:46 PM

is it still the 'easy way out' when the first version was actually done 7 years ago in your beloved language of choice that apparently for you is just about the largest indicator of quality imaginable?

also, I've ensured this software runs on OS's from win2k thru 10, plus virtually any linux desktop OS and also on freebsd 7 thru 10. so shut the fuck up

#31 Sustanon

Sustanon

LeGeNd SiRaLeX gl hf no eat etc gg 100% FairPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

is it still the 'easy way out' when the first version was actually done 7 years ago in your beloved language of choice [...]

Hold on, let's clear this up C++ is not my "beloved language of choice". I chose the language based on the task at hand. More often than not C++ fits the bill perfectly (cost-utility analysis) and hence I end up using it. I don't have any issues using C#.NET when it is the more appropriate choice. :)

There was no sound reason for you to completely rewrite the maps renderer in C#.NET apart from your insight that you've completely failed at writing efficient C++ code.

Every C++ application can easily run on OS's from Windows 2000 to 10, plus on virtually any Linux distribution and FreeBSD. :) There's plenty of portable libraries like wxWidgets that can be built for any of those platforms.

so shut the fuck up

Uh, oh, temper, temper. :rolleyes:

According to you all I know is a little bit of WinAPI, anyway. Next thing you know, I'm a web developer who knows how to delete MySQL databases. I might (have) be(een) a web developer, but I've never deleted a MySQL database in my life, because I simply didn't have the permissions to do so in my old position nor have I ever needed to do so. I haven't even seen the controls needed to do so, to date. :)

Edited by Sustanon, 07 November 2015 - 08:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users