#1 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

just curious as a lot of us have been playing together for years and I know a majority of us are now fathers with a wife or girlfriend ect

what does she think of this game?

my wife hates ra2 lol, I've actually tried to get her to play before but she just looks at me with disgust like every other video game that isn't shit like candy crush.

just curious about what yours may think.

#2 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

hahaha A+ topic.

Let's see, the current lady I'm with doesn't mind it, doesn't really understand it, but enjoys making fun of everything.

Past ladies generally were uninterested and had negative feelings about it.

To be honest, if I had my other computer set up, I'm sure my current lady would team up with me.

#3 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:41 PM

same here, she hates it. Havent played a single game nor doesnt know anything about it. Gets annyoed when i play cos of the mouse clicking and if she is in a bad mood she sends me to the kitchen LOL. 

#4 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

same here, she hates it. Havent played a single game nor doesnt know anything about it. Gets annyoed when i play cos of the mouse clicking and if she is in a bad mood she sends me to the kitchen LOL. 

HAHAHA I requested a gaming room when we got our new house

#5 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

did u get one?

Oh one more thing. If shes like "u coming?" and im respond something like yeah just gonna finish this game max 2-3 min offc its getting a camping game and we end up having an argue about my stupid game when im done cos i CANT QUIT no matter what

#6 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

did u get one?

Oh one more thing. If shes like "u coming?" and im respond something like yeah just gonna finish this game max 2-3 min offc its getting a camping game and we end up having an argue about my stupid game when im done cos i CANT QUIT no matter what

yes I did :p

I've had that very same argument, so i'll put rush maps and shit if I know I gotta go soon

#7 LBL

LBL

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • XWIS Name: LBL

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

hahaha A+ topic.

Let's see, the current lady I'm with doesn't mind it, doesn't really understand it, but enjoys making fun of everything.

Past ladies generally were uninterested and had negative feelings about it.

To be honest, if I had my other computer set up, I'm sure my current lady would team up with me.

ladies? guess they like tanks to you, as soon as you destroy one, the next one pops up already.  :cool2:

p.s. my mom always proud of my ranks

#8 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

Good topic. 

I remember when I first started getting really hooked back when I still lived with my parents and didn't own a headset. My parents would get pretty pissed sometimes and yell at me to get off because they were tired of hearing "Construction complete". Also, if I didn't do chores the very moment they wanted me to, they would start lecturing me on how I rather be "killing toys" instead of helping around the house etc.etc.

This connects with my wife because during those days at my parents, my wife was my girlfriend at the time, so she has heard my parents talk crap about me on ra2 to her, including some lectures. So nowadays she'll have the same arguments. "instead of cleaning up you're killing toys" and sometimes she'll mock ra2 by saying "construction complete" 

All that being said, my wife doesnt mind me playing aslong as I help her out around the house and stuff. We play League of Legends together. I asked her if she wanted to play ra2 when serials became free and she said sure but kinda just changed the topic right away. I'll probably help her out with it soon. We've just been pretty busy lately. 

did u get one?

Been there  :laugh:

Edited by Edd, 06 October 2015 - 09:38 PM.

#9 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

Good topic. 

I remember when I first started getting really hooked back when I still lived with my parents and didn't own a headset. My parents would get pretty pissed sometimes and yell at me to get off because they were tired of hearing "Construction complete". Also, if I didn't do chores the very moment they wanted me to, they would start lecturing me on how I rather be "killing toys" instead of helping around the house etc.etc.

This connects with my wife because during those days at my parents, my wife was my girlfriend at the time, so she has heard my parents talk crap about me on ra2 to her, including some lectures. So nowadays she'll have the same arguments. "instead of cleaning up you're killing toys" and sometimes she'll mock ra2 by saying "construction complete" 

All that being said, my wife doesnt mind me playing aslong as I help her out around the house and stuff. We play League of Legends together. I asked her if she wanted to play ra2 when serials became free and she said sure but kinda just changed the topic right away. I'll probably help her out with it soon. We've just been pretty busy lately. 

haha I never had a problem with the parents as to this day my dad is still an avid ra2 player himself

my mom and Ashley both mock the construction complete or unit ready when I don't use my headphones XD

p.s. my mom always proud of my ranks

boss.

#10 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:43 AM

She mocks it with the allied voiceover: "unit ready".  Around-the-house joke at this point.

#11 VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:53 AM

We play League of Legends together. I asked her if she wanted to play ra2 when serials became free and she said sure 

Lol !

#12 J0ni

J0ni

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Joni

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:31 AM

I and my ex girlfriend was killed by zombies but her never understand Ra2 :confused:

Edited by J0ni, 07 October 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#13 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:28 AM

Yeah the lady hates it. Refers to it as 'stupid computer game' lol.

She mocks it with the allied voiceover: "unit ready".  Around-the-house joke at this point.

Same

Good topic. 

To a tee haha my mom HATES ra2. My computer desk was setup on our back porch, she would be at the sink and see the back of my head all the time..she would say, 'i'm tired of seeing the back of your head' lol. She also got extremely pissed at me when i wouldn't get off to help her or do things around the house. I don't think my mom or my gf understands you cannot pause a live game hahah. 'pause it' 

did u get one?

Hahaha..you lose track of time when on ra2 :p. I've told ppl ill be somewhere in 20mins, well an hour later..

just curious as a lot of us have been playing together for years and I know a majority of us are now fathers with a wife or girlfriend ect

what does she think of this game?

my wife hates ra2 lol, I've actually tried to get her to play before but she just looks at me with disgust like every other video game that isn't shit like candy crush.

just curious about what yours may think.

She wants all that attention ;)

Edited by BeHumble, 07 October 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#14 heldro2

heldro2

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:56 AM

She comes home trying to hug me, have to push her away "R u playing that stupid tank game again"

#15 VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:33 AM

My computer desk was setup on our back porch,

Lol !

You and every other hillbilly 

#16 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

Mine hates it !! lol i see she is not the only 1 :)

Unit lost unit lost building !! That is what see says when she's hade it with the game :D

Last week she bought a head set for me :)

did u get one?

:laugh: That is a nice 1 m8 :)

Edited by Showtime, 07 October 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#17 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

Partner: That "unit ready" game annoys me

#18 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Thx willy that 1 i forgot ;)

#19 Pozzy666

Pozzy666

LEADER of 300-cm!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pozzy666

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

So many woman hating RA2 / YR..

My missus has tried playing the skirmishes a few times but its been a good while...

But she knew I was a gamer before we got together so I think even if she had a problem she'd bite her tongue haha.

She prefers games like CoD where she can just grab an LMG and go mental with her terrible aiming xD

#20 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Ohh yeah pause button lol forgot that one. Dnt know how many times i said "I cant pause its live"

This thread is a good read, im thinking about letting my gf read it. Good idea?

#21 J0ni

J0ni

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Joni

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

do i remember wrong or was it STRM leader aj and she was women right? wasent bad player at all

#22 VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

Partner: That "unit ready" game annoys me

No offense sir, but are you gay? Just curious since you use the term "partner". Matt supports equal rights. 

do i remember wrong or was it STRM leader aj and she was women right? wasent bad player at all

Yes. She was also quite old. And no she was quite nooby. Angibabe was also a very old female. What a nice lady she was, tho. Had lots of cats. 

#23 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:30 PM

Ha, seems its a common thing. When i'm playing the game or have been, I'll get "construction complete".. "building" repeated like a bad echo. 

#24 Shuk

Shuk

RUSH finally in rock and roll HOF!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • XWIS Name: AnarchyX

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:38 PM

lol I can relate to this topic a lot, funny!

I remember my ex gf (going back some 10yrs) doing some naughty things whilst I played some games. :rizla: :censored:

I wish I still had the screenshots.....''bro you only won coz I was getting a suck''.

...always a good excuse that no-one ever believed :rizla:

#25 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

kitty

angibabe

nlghteyez

doncarlo

Svetlana

all female players (all weren't very good either imo)

seems it's a typical thing among women, ra2 is the devil lol, must be a Shewoman Ra2 Hater Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users