8 replies to this topic

#1 lookingatstars

lookingatstars

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:29 AM

When I saw on Origin that they were giving away this game for free, I obviously had to get it. I installed it and all but forgot about it until I saw it lingering in my desktop early this morning. So I thought, why not, let's see what I can remember about this game. Oh my gosh, it was like I was transported back to my teenage self. I spent so many hours as a teenager (around 13/14) so around 8/9 years ago playing this game. I even used to create my own maps, but I can't remember what software I used for that. My best friend and I would come home from school and play against each other or team up and play with others. We'd discuss game strategies when we should have been paying attention in class. I think we even fell out for a few days over this game. 

When I went to play online there was no one else in the lobby, so I googled "does anyone play Red Alert 2 online anymore?" which led me to this forum. I'm still not sure how you guys play it online, but then again I only joined up all of five minutes ago so clearly some more research is needed. 

Oh how this game pulls at my nostalgic heartstrings... 

The dogs and the rocketeers <3

#2 famlegi

famlegi

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:32 AM

Welcome back.

It's pretty active during the daytime EST.

Was the software FinalAlert?

#3 lookingatstars

lookingatstars

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:40 AM

Welcome back.

It's pretty active during the daytime EST.

Was the software FinalAlert?

Oh, that's probably why, I'm currently in BST (but awake stupidly early due to inability to sleep)

And yes, that was the name FinalAlert. Is it still around? Even more nostalgia is hitting me haha

#4 J0ni

J0ni

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Joni

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:44 AM

welcome back commander :D

#5 famlegi

famlegi

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:45 AM

I'm not sure if "finalalert" still exists, but there is map making software available and people still make maps. Once everyone wakes up and has a chance to see your thread, i'm guessing they'll be able to link ya to the software etc..

#6 lookingatstars

lookingatstars

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:55 AM

welcome back commander :D

Haha, thanks, I think I'm going to be spending a fair amount of my time playing this game again today. 

I'm not sure if "finalalert" still exists, but there is map making software available and people still make maps. Once everyone wakes up and has a chance to see your thread, i'm guessing they'll be able to link ya to the software etc..

I don't think I'll be making maps anytime soon, I still need to remember how to play the actual game first again haha

#7 J0ni

J0ni

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Joni

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:11 AM

trust me not gonna be easy come back, theres some players who played all the time when u was gone :laugh:

#8 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:37 AM

WB ! hope we will have soem gg's

#9 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members