3 replies to this topic

#1 Sutter

Sutter

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

Sorry if all this is answered in another thread already.

Which is the more active community RA2 or Yuri?

What are the general standard game settings for multiplayer? Game speed, unit count, starting cash ect.

Is there a couple maps that are more widely played or the most commonly picked ones?

I have downloaded the RA2 game from this site is that completely up to date and all I need?

I know I am missing some questions I wanted to ask but I think i covered the most important ones I needed answered.

Thanks for your time guys.

#2 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

Which is the more active community RA2 or Yuri?

On this server, XWIS, by far and away Red Alert 2 is more active.

What are the general standard game settings for multiplayer? Game speed, unit count, starting cash ect.

Game Speed --> Always Maximum, 6.

Cash --> Always usually standard 10,000. A few rare players manipulate it in tourney games to get an advantage, so be sure to check.

Unit Count --> Is normally 0, in any ranking game. However, once again, some players manipulate this and have crates on in games. In Fun for all games, sometimes 1 unit count is good for early scouting and activity.

Crates --> Normally off in tournament/qm settings, but sometimes on in fun games.

Is there a couple maps that are more widely played or the most commonly picked ones?

Competitively --> Country Swing, Heck Freezes Over, Official Tournament map B, and many many others. Red Alert 2 is rather fair on almost all maps and compeitively -- works well. The most famous map for competitive play is Heck Freezes Over. You will notice if you play this map, that the opponents are much better here since everyone has been playing it for so long.

For fun --> Mount Olympus, Country Swing, User-created maps like Beach Frontier (unlimited money map), and other such games are common.

I have downloaded the RA2 game from this site is that completely up to date and all I need?

Yes, this site will give you the Red Alert 2 download with the map patch so youll have a ton of new maps. Furthermore, if you type "hires" into the main menu screen, you can access higher screen resolutions in the options menu.

#3 JuSt2EaSY

JuSt2EaSY

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

Ra2 is more active than YR and has been for some time now. Common game settings for the better players are 0 unit 10000 cash no crates or superweapons. CM - clan match QM - quick match Trny - tournament game and ffg - for fun game/unranked Most ffgs have crates on

#4 Sutter

Sutter

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

Thanks a bunch for the detailed response that is everything i needed to know and then some!!

Ra2 is more active than YR and has been for some time now. Common game settings for the better players are 0 unit 10000 cash no crates or superweapons. CM - clan match QM - quick match Trny - tournament game and ffg - for fun game/unranked Most ffgs have crates on

Ty for the response I appreciate it man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users