49 replies to this topic

#1 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

Could we work with CNCnet? Like we share CNCnet yuri meanwhile CNCnet promote XWIS ra2 ? It would be a win win situation for both

Edited by mzjpk, 21 September 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#2 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

CNCNet will never really be the "official" server for RA2, no matter how many people go to it. Regardless, because they have more activity, bravo to them..people moving from XWIS to CNCNet have made their decision.

#3 Sealixir

Sealixir

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:08 PM

CNCNet will never really be the "official" server for RA2, no matter how many people go to it. Regardless, because they have more activity, bravo to them..people moving from XWIS to CNCNet have made their decision.

Didn't realise you was an XWIS admin...

#4 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

Didn't realise you was an XWIS admin...

I never mentioned nor did I ever say I was. Where in my post suggests that I claimed to be an admin at all?

#5 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

We need to be as active as we can be(pro players ),we need to make tournement games/clan games and go to qm so people get gg's and get a fast game

#6 Sealixir

Sealixir

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

I never mentioned nor did I ever say I was. Where in my post suggests that I claimed to be an admin at all?

Stop flaming and back seat modding.

Edited by Sealixir, 21 September 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#7 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

I'm not going to start nor continue this argument with you, however I WILL say this as a last few words: How in the heck am I "flaming"? And more so, how the heck am I "back-seat modding"? You always use every advantage you get on the forum to try and start arguments with me so as to either get me warned or banned, yet you laugh about it over the phone when you post the crap you're posting. There's no need for it.

Back on topic; in response to Showtime, I do agree. XWIS/ST need to think of a way to promote and get more people to come.

#8 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

Every time i see one of these 'us vs them' topics i sigh. It is the wrong mentality and should not be a competition. 

RA2 is not supported by cncnet and they are happy to redirect players to XWIS who are looking to play RA2. The same cannot be said for YR, there people have a choice. But as long as the players are aware of that choice then there isn't much else we can do. 

It is depressing to see the community split between two servers and i still maintain the the best solution would be to merge the two, especially for YR.

#9 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

Every time i see one of these 'us vs them' topics i sigh. It is the wrong mentality and should not be a competition. 

RA2 is not supported by cncnet and they are happy to redirect players to XWIS who are looking to play RA2. The same cannot be said for YR, there people have a choice. But as long as the players are aware of that choice then there isn't much else we can do. 

It is depressing to see the community split between two servers and i still maintain the the best solution would be to merge the two, especially for YR.

Agreed, I would like to see CNCnet and XWIS work together, like XWIS could help CNCnet activity and CNCnet could help XWIS ra2, both would benefit from it

#10 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

CNCNet already get activity for YR, so what exactly could ST/XWIS help CNCNet with?

#11 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

CNCNet already get activity for YR, so what exactly could ST/XWIS help CNCNet with?

there are still a lot of yuri players left in game ranger and now we get also yuri players on xwis, yesterday we had 80 online in xwis yuri, we could tell them to go CNC, meanwhile CNCnet directs those who are interested in ra2 to go XWIS ra2

Edited by mzjpk, 21 September 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#12 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

That is kinda what has been agreed. People that are asking questions both on the cncnet forums and on facebook page about ra2 will be directed to XWIS.

#13 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

That is kinda what has been agreed. People that are asking questions both on the cncnet forums and on facebook page about ra2 will be directed to XWIS.

Hopefully that works then. Though so far today I've seen a very low amount of players on RA2. Hopefully activity soon picks up.

#14 VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

All of us talking about this shit really doesn't amount to anything. It's just talk. Where is Olaf on the matter? Where are cncnet admins on the matter? The only meaningful discussions would be between them. GL getting that to happen lol. 

And yes, I don't think CNCNET has much to gain from XWIS. I'm sure any YR players that recently came to XWIS will soon go to CNCNET all on their own. And I strongly doubt CNCNET would direct ra2 players to XWIS, considering they have deleted a couple of my posts saying XWIS is the official server. They are also still advertising ra2 online play, and if you google "ra2 online" CNCNET comes up before XWIS. 

#15 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

Indeed -- I agree with VWWWW.

Our fearless leader Olaf is either failing us hard or working behind the scenes. Big time for the game, but seemingly little admin activity.

CNCNet + XWIS = Pure happiness

CNCNet no merger XWIS = A useless flare of activity for both for a few months before it all collapses in a short while.

Edited by XXxPrePxX, 21 September 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#16 VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4505.0

This whole "lets work together" shit obviously wont fly. The work they do hurts activity on this server. Shut them the fk down. Can some admin speak for olaf or manage to get him to grace us with his input? 

#17 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

CNCNet will never really be the "official" server for RA2, no matter how many people go to it.

@ matt : olaf chooses to answer if he wants to, I can hardly speak for him

but I'll send an email to EA about cncnet advertising for their unsponsored sever if you'd like.

#18 PlokiteWolf

PlokiteWolf

C&C Wiki admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • XWIS Name: Plokite95

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

You guys should just up the promotion and advertisement a bit, you've stagnated a lot in that department recently. You do have anticheat, functional ladders etc., which will look good in ad blurbs. CnCNet patches pre-RA2 games, which is where they lead, on the other hand. But RA2 support on CnCNet has been announced, though. It's late, but it will come eventually, so if you want to keep this recent activity momentum (let alone increase it), I'd suggest starting working on advertising yourselves now before it's too late.

but I'll send an email to EA about cncnet advertising for their unsponsored sever if you'd like.

Will you also send them a report that Hamachi, FailRanger, Tunngle and Evolve support RA2/YR? :3

#19 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

Will you also send them a report that Hamachi, FailRanger, Tunngle and Evolve support RA2/YR? :3

if you'd like me to I will.....

I can just bundle up and email them all the unofficial free to play servers, I have no problem doing it for you.

don't take it as me coming off dick like either please. i'm just sick of seeing our intended facebook page ect mass promoting your illegal server.

but i'll shoot the email tonight

#20 PlokiteWolf

PlokiteWolf

C&C Wiki admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:09 PM

if you'd like me to I will.....

I can just bundle up and email them all the unofficial free to play servers, I have no problem doing it for you.

That is unfair, stupid and devastating for all mentioned parties, not to mention XWIS' reputation.

our intended facebook page ect mass promoting

Erm, that's not EA's problem, that's the problem of whoever organized the pages in the first place.

your illegal server.

"Your"? I believe you mistook me for someone. I've never been in CnCNet's staff.

#21 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

That is unfair, stupid and devastating for all mentioned parties, not to mention XWIS' reputation.

Erm, that's not EA's problem, that's the problem of whoever organized the pages in the first place.

"Your"? I believe you mistook me for someone. I've never been in CnCNet's staff.

you obviously don't know me extremely well as if you think I care about my reputation on this game, it's been at its highs and lows, however I mange to maintain a pretty happy community on my part imo.

whats unfair about that for cncnet and the mentioned parties? if those parties are in the right and xwis is unofficial as you have told me on cncnet forums, then I guess no one unofficial server need be worried, they will either pass it by or take appropriate action.

I'm sorry if I have mistaken you for cncnet staff, I just figured perhaps you were seeing how when I post you answer in defense. my apologies.

my bitch isn't with cncnet, I like most of the staff and think they have a decent idea. my bitch is with the false advertisement to capture the moment origin made free download of ra2. which is completely wrong. I understand that "the staff of cncnet assumes the users have serials" but that's just their terrible loophole to go around what their doing is actually not legal at all. captivating on the mass of new user coming in to funnel them to their servers which solely is directed to kill xwis in the future, well that's not something I will stand for and if it calls for war, well game on commander.

#22 PlokiteWolf

PlokiteWolf

C&C Wiki admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

my reputation on this game

If you approach EA to take legal action to CnCNet AND all the LAN emulators out there that don't even mention anything official (and support tonnes of other games, very likely with the blessing of respective devs/publishers), you'll forever be remembered as "that asshole who destroyed every custom-made LAN emulator or server on a whim".

Legal departments are attracted by the very mention of illegal activity (even though there is none in this matter) like sharks are to blood. You attract them, then the C&C community will have to fear their deluded decisions and have the right to shun XWIS forever.

Also, you're not Olaf. He's the head of XWIS and he's responsible for legalities of the XWIS entity. I'm not sure how he'd like someone taking his place and doing all the wrong decisions in his name in the process.

EDIT:

my bitch is with the false advertisement to capture the moment origin made free download of ra2. which is completely wrong.

Agreed, but you're overreacting to levels it's no longer funny.

I understand that "the staff of cncnet assumes the users have serials" but that's just their terrible loophole to go around what their doing is actually not legal at all.

That never was and never will be illegal. Actually distributing serials for non-freeware games without the right to do so is illegal. CnCNet doesn't do that and neither does any LAN emulator.

Edited by PlokiteWolf, 21 September 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#23 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

If you approach EA to take legal action to CnCNet AND all the LAN emulators out there that don't even mention anything official (and support tonnes of other games, very likely with the blessing of respective devs/publishers), you'll forever be remembered as "that asshole who destroyed every custom-made LAN emulator or server on a whim".

Legal departments are attracted by the very mention of illegal activity (even though there is none in this matter) like sharks are to blood. You attract them, then the C&C community will have to fear their deluded decisions and have the right to shun XWIS forever.

Also, you're not Olaf. He's the head of XWIS and he's responsible for legalities of the XWIS entity. I'm not sure how he'd like someone taking his place and doing all the wrong decisions in his name in the process.

EDIT:
Agreed, but you're overreacting to levels it's no longer funny.

That never was and never will be illegal. Actually distributing serials for non-freeware games without the right to do so is illegal. CnCNet doesn't do that and neither does any LAN emulator.

you don't think i'd consult before acting?

it was no longer funny when cncnet advertised their servers on our fan pages claiming to be official regardless of whom may have done it.

just curious. if there is nothing illegal about cncnet, then why do you seem worried about contact to EA? I mean anyone on their own free-will could contact them with the information if the so choose to. I never mentioned the other LAN emulators, you did. I have no bitch with them because people find them on their own, the advertisement isn't false and thrust at them like it has been with cncnet.

#24 VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:21 PM

it calls for war

We goin' to war yall.  :cool2:

#25 PlokiteWolf

PlokiteWolf

C&C Wiki admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

just curious. if there is nothing illegal about cncnet, then why do you seem worried about contact to EA?

Because when lawyers, especially those of a bigwig corporation, come in, there is no more common sense in play. They'll see opportunities to sue everything and everyone for everything they're uninformed or falsely informed on. You bring them and God help us all.

I never mentioned the other LAN emulators, you did. I have no bitch with them because people find them on their own, the advertisement isn't false and thrust at them like it has been with cncnet.

I mentioned them first, yes, but you did say you'll tell the lawyers about them, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users