5 replies to this topic

#1 SirAbbott

SirAbbott

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Guys, ex RA2 player and complete novice with Macs.

I want to play RA2 online on my new macbook pro, I have seen some discussions on how to download Wrappers etc, I haven't got a disc drive so not sure how to install. Can someone give me some advice on how I can install and play RA2 online on my Mac please.

Sorries in advance for any further questions I have, as mentioned already... i'm not as good on macs as I am at RA2 :) 

Thanks

#2 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

The best way is to use bootcamp to install windows.

Another way is to use a virtual machine to install windows but depending on set up this can lag.

You don't need a disc drive to install either the game or windows. You can download both.

See: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/181749-troubleshooter/

Edited by hardman, 19 August 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#3 SirAbbott

SirAbbott

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

The best way is to use bootcamp to install windows.

Another way is to use a virtual machine to install windows but depending on set up this can lag.

You don't need a disc drive to install either the game or windows. You can download both.

See: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/181749-troubleshooter/

Thanks, and will I be able to play online?

#4 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

If you use one of the above methods yea. 

I would recommend using bootcamp. I get a lot of lag when using virtual machines or wineskin with a relatively new MBP. Instructions on setting up bootcamp should be easy enough to find. You just need a copy of windows on a usb stick (i would reccomend windows 7).

#5 SirAbbott

SirAbbott

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

If you use one of the above methods yea. 

I would recommend using bootcamp. I get a lot of lag when using virtual machines or wineskin with a relatively new MBP. Instructions on setting up bootcamp should be easy enough to find. You just need a copy of windows on a usb stick (i would reccomend windows 7).

Quick question, how much space does this process use, I have just upgraded to the new mac book but it only has 120GB HD, I don't particularly want to use it all up using bootcamp. Maybe an external HD with BC on it? 

#6 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:08 AM

If using just for ra2 20GB will be enough. I'm not sure about bootcamp in external HD, never tried it

Edited by hardman, 27 August 2015 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users