Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

On the behalf of matt, since he is fourms banned, he asked me to post this :

The question of why xwis is not free? In the past Olaf has claimed that it's up to EA?

Yet he's also said that EA receives none of the money from serials. The only thing EA provides from sponsorship is lame prizes for winners (I am owed like 6 of them if any of you losers want one lol). So if EA does not receive money from serials, why would EA care if xwis is free or not?

And surely if EA is actually communicating its "authority" in any way to olaf, mr olaf can explain why he isnt pushing for xwis to be free? Or why "EA does not want xwis to be free".

Cuz it seems like if all the money is going to olaf, the only person that would not want xwis to be free is mr. olaf.

While we keep hearing about how EA is responsible for xwis not being free, cncnet and GR, without EA sponsorship, have way more players. Obviously EA does not give a shit that they exist.

So I'm sure many people on here would want a solid explanation from olaf as to why xwis cannot be free? Your typical 1-2 word responses are not very sufficient.

And as far as my game account goes that has been locked. I will only be online every once in a while if ppl text me to 2v2cm. otherwise i wont be, until it's fixed.

Edited by Yaris, 07 August 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#2 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

how can matt expect a logical answer from olaf when he post like that.......

#3 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

Matthew Pressel :

Post like what?

The only illogical part of my questions is the fact that these same questions have been asked many times, without ever really being answered, and here I am asking again.

Edited by Yaris, 07 August 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#4 Ownrage

Ownrage

Souljah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • XWIS Name: owsum

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

how can matt expect a logical answer from olaf when he post like that.......

Olaf never gave a clear answer to any question asked, whether it was logical or not. 90% of us here agree with me with that.

@matt you answered your own question. It's money and sponsorship. This this his own server, you can't beg him to make it free.
There are many free alternative servers out there, At the end people will choose what suits them.

Edited by Ownrage, 07 August 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#5 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

Free serials should be given to the twitch tv viewers who watch 6-7 stream channels who stream the best games in ra2:), we got many subscribers online on the channels, we could make free trial 1 month, if we applied things like these, we would get easily a lot players on xwis, because people wanna play on pro servers, and that is something xwis has :)

1 more thing, we could give serials as prize for ladder instead of EA games, if the intention is to increase xwis acitivty, then why make ea games as prize?

Edited by mzjpk, 07 August 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#6 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

matt : maybe words with a little more structure and stop insulting people with every post, could take you further matt just saying.

paf : you could always donate serials to those viewers or use matts "lame ass" prizes to donate, he has some.

and to give away serials to ladder winners who already have serials, then they need to find players worth giving the serial to. I have a few accounts I could give away, and I have given away many others with my prizes I've won. if you'd like to do that, compete for the prize and give them away.

the serial isn't to expensive and yes I myself lobbied for free to play xwis, and I have been turned down in that case. reasons have been given to as of why, whether we choose to believe them or not. but I can promise you this another "lets bash olaf because the game isn't f2p" topic isn't going to take you very far

what incentive does olaf really have to run the f2p server in all reality, time, effort, money, automatic server updates, ect....all pro bono to benefit people who would rather choose complain about things. hell we can't even try to run some sort of event because people are so my way or the highway mentality anymore, and i'm sure it's this way because most of us are grown, working, and or have a family and the game doesn't deem the importance it once was.

however there has always been a donate button on this server. donate to the purpose to give away free serials.

lobby to buy serials at bulk for a discounted cost, then give them away to whoever you see fit, xwis players did this for Chinese players in the past, didn't last as long as we hoped but it's worth a shot.

the players on cncnet or gr or qq obviously aren't buying a serial for ra2 for certain reasons. they obviously aren't gunning for ladder play which is our main benefit to any other server.

all in all though, I guarantee you this topic get you absolutely no where. just remember when trying to get some sort of a solid answer, sugar catches more flies than vinegar.

#7 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

Matt:

Care to explain how my post lacks structure? Lol. It begins with a question, followed by reasoning that is easy to follow. And I'm not trying to catch flies, I'm asking a grown man some questions lol.

Nobody is bashing olaf. I am simply asking questions, since his previous and limited answers seem to contradict other statements he has made. Obviously he is encouraged to reply to clear any misconceptions i have up.

#8 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

You can give my every rank 1 prize ive earned as serials to ppl if u like Xd

#9 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:43 PM

So generous!

#10 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:37 AM

it's the way you come off matt, like a dick.

I'm not getting into this argument with you because it's not what it's about and obviously you're oblivious to what the meaning of sugar attracts more flies then vinegar means, I'm not going to explain that either.

sure he could answer you more than his limited answer, maybe he doesn't feel the need to, be thankful he has kept xwis going this long, if he had not, you wouldn't be playing ra2 for the last years you have anyways.

you all have free range to help people get on this server, by the way most of you talk in the lobby, I'm sure coughing up some cash for serials is no problem either.

thanks marko, but you never get rank 1 :ph34r:

#11 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

People really think the 5-10 bucks for a serial is holding people back from playing this game?- HaHaHa

The demographic that plays this game is obviously 20+ by now, and 10 bucks should be a simple task for leisure...

With the amount of effort (auto ss, maps, ladders, months HOF's, forums, and just lasts months prize invasion) put into what this game still has left we should be happy we can still play this game on a competitive level, with a community that still has ladders and forums to talk about it on. 

CNC net and Gameranger do not have  near the quality of players this site has ( I play on their regularly with friends) , nor do they have anything close to an anti cheat system along with a fair ladder for clan and 1v1 players to play on.

Free play is not the problem....Its getting people to this great site that I have been a member of since 2006 that is.

Edited by xNathanx, 08 August 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#12 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

People really think the 5-10 bucks for a serial is holding people back from playing this game?- HaHaHa

actually, yes it would hold the ppl back from playing at xwis simply because of the following reasons :

1- it's not about the amount of money you pay for a serial but the payment method as well !! you are an american citizen who can easily have a credit card / paypal and pay online, the others can't do that

2- why would i pay 5 / 10 bucks for playing at a dead server while i can play free of charge at GR / cnc which having way activity, because of the ladders / anti cheat / ss !! actually GR / cnc players do not care about such things, they just wanted to have fun but if you made it f2p xwis would DEFIANTLY have more advantage over the other servers so they will play at xwis for sure 

3- why would i pay for playing a 14 years old game !! ??

i just wanted to ask olaf, how many serials you are selling per month currently ?? 1 / 2 ??

dude, it's already getting so dead and no one buying atm so it's reasonable to make it f2p just to save this server from dying !!

that's my own opnion tho, it's not a reply from matt

Edited by Yaris, 08 August 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#13 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

A reply from matt :

what incentive does olaf really have to run the f2p server in all reality, time, effort, money, automatic server updates, ect....all pro bono to benefit people who would rather choose complain about things. hell we can't even try to run some sort of event because people are so my way or the highway mentality anymore, and i'm sure it's this way because most of us are grown, working, and or have a family and the game doesn't deem the importance it once was.

The same incentive that he had when he first created xwis and it was free, and the same incentive that the people on gameranger/cncnet have. Besides, if he's poor and needs money he could probably make more money with advertising when there's more players.

however there has always been a donate button on this server. donate to the purpose to give away free serials.

lobby to buy serials at bulk for a discounted cost, then give them away to whoever you see fit, xwis players did this for Chinese players in the past, didn't last as long as we hoped but it's worth a shot.

the players on cncnet or gr or qq obviously aren't buying a serial for ra2 for certain reasons. they obviously aren't gunning for ladder play which is our main benefit to any other server.

all in all though, I guarantee you this topic get you absolutely no where. just remember when trying to get some sort of a solid answer, sugar catches more flies than vinegar.

I'm pretty sure people have asked where the donated money goes as well, and they received no answer towards that question either l0l.

it's the way you come off matt, like a dick.

I'm not getting into this argument with you because it's not what it's about and obviously you're oblivious to what the meaning of sugar attracts more flies then vinegar means, I'm not going to explain that either.

sure he could answer you more than his limited answer, maybe he doesn't feel the need to, be thankful he has kept xwis going this long, if he had not, you wouldn't be playing ra2 for the last years you have anyways.

you all have free range to help people get on this server, by the way most of you talk in the lobby, I'm sure coughing up some cash for serials is no problem either.

I think you're now the first person to start the name calling in this topic thus far. Don't poke the bear kid.

The demographic that plays this game is obviously 20+ by now, and 10 bucks should be a simple task for leisure...

With the amount of effort (auto ss, maps, ladders, months HOF's, forums, and just lasts months prize invasion) put into what this game still has left we should be happy we can still play this game on a competitive level, with a community that still has ladders and forums to talk about it on. 

CNC net and Gameranger do not have  near the quality of players this site has ( I play on their regularly with friends) , nor do they have anything close to an anti cheat system along with a fair ladder for clan and 1v1 players to play on.

Free play is not the problem....Its getting people to this great site that I have been a member of since 2006 that is.

20 new noobs on xwis turns into a few of them not being scared to play good players, and eventually get better and provide ggs.

Obviously $10 is more than a lot of them are willing to pay. And I recall Paf being a big noob when I first met him.

Remember back when you used to beat him a lot? And now you bail him because he slaps you? Yeah. More noobs is a good thing.

And yak did a good job responding to the rest of your bullshit.

If olaf wants to keep xwis from being F2P because he needs the few extra dollars a month or w/e, then that is his right, even if it will kill this server eventually.

That being said, if that is his reason, he should tell us that instead of feeding us bullshit about EA being the reason.

I don't think I've ever met someone so antisocial.

#14 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:57 AM

What's the point in banning someone from the forums if he's still communicating through someone else?

On topic... Most of the questions asked have already been answered in previous topics.

Edited by Edd, 11 August 2015 - 07:14 AM.

#15 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:58 AM

You can give my every rank 1 prize ive earned as serials to ppl if u like Xd

lol keep that in mind admin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users