NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Makyura

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Hey guys, 

Overall Ra2 is working fine for me without lag on Windows 7 , however in 1 out of every 5 games, my Ra2 crashes mid game and it says that the main executable failed.

Anyone know why this is occurring?

#2 GeNeRaLsLaViK

GeNeRaLsLaViK

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

It wont even let me connect to xwis right now, just says connecting to westwood servers......All i want to do is play ra2

as for the main exec prob, I had to completely uninstall ra2 and reinstall it. I changed a compatability setting somewhere to improve gameplay then it wouldent work at all and i couldent find what i did wrong. so total reboot. Had to scan comp for all ra2 files and start anew

Edited by GeNeRaLsLaViK, 23 July 2015 - 08:55 PM.

#3 DaRk

DaRk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hey guys, 

Overall Ra2 is working fine for me without lag on Windows 7 , however in 1 out of every 5 games, my Ra2 crashes mid game and it says that the main executable failed.

Anyone know why this is occurring?

hi, i think most of us have this problem, altho 1 out of 5 games seems to be a lot, i think i get it once in like 20 games or so, i dont know whats cuasing it but i do know when i had it occurd more often i always had googlechrome open with like 15 tabs maybe that causes it to happen faster or something im not sure, try to close all other programs when you run ra2 and see if it still happens 1 out of 5 games.

#4 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

Thank you Dark for your reply, you brought up a good point, most of the times when Ra2 crashed I had a browser open, however i only had a few tabs open. I will try closing Chrome when playing and see if that works. It is incredibly annoying, ill have 4-5 straight and sometimes long games that run perfectly fine, and then in the middle of the next game, it will crash. Causing a DC and pts loss.

#5 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:44 PM

Thank you Dark for your reply, you brought up a good point, most of the times when Ra2 crashed I had a browser open, however i only had a few tabs open. I will try closing Chrome when playing and see if that works. It is incredibly annoying, ill have 4-5 straight and sometimes long games that run perfectly fine, and then in the middle of the next game, it will crash. Causing a DC and pts loss.

Are you running in compatibility mode?

#6 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:23 PM

Are you running in compatibility mode?

Yes sir, all .exe in compatibility XP SP2. Still happens about 1 out of every 4-7 games. Sometimes i go many games without a random crash and other times it happens frequently.  

#7 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

I was getting internal errors on XWIS (but not other servers) like 20-30% of games once and simply reinstalling fixed the issue for me.

#8 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

Yes sir, all .exe in compatibility XP SP2. Still happens about 1 out of every 4-7 games. Sometimes i go many games without a random crash and other times it happens frequently.  

Why not Sp3?

#9 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:10 AM

@Seke, I don't think I changed anything about the Ra2 directory, why would a re-install help? I will try it for sure, just wondering.

@Zigzag, is there a difference between Sp2 and Sp3? I shall change it to see if it works.

#10 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

I have no idea man, it just fixed the issue for me is all.

#11 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

Something weird is happening, i am not being allowed to uninstall Ra2, it keeps saying Ra2 may have not uninstalled correctly. Nub question, but can i just delete the entire directory? Does that count as uninstalling?

This crashing is getting out hand recently, just got two losses because the game crashed and both of those games i had basically won, enemy had no tanks left and i was moving to his base to kill buildings.

Edited by NahinStar, 27 July 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#12 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:57 AM

You can manually delete the directory and any related game files

#13 erbe58

erbe58

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • XWIS Name: rb58o

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

and del in regystry all from hand : what is about the game  and all( westwood , xwis,red aleert ...) and del the key :  wchat ! ;-) if you only del the key wchat, game will after input cd ,auto run will begin at once to reinstall ;-)  wchat is the ultimate key for reg the game inside regystry ;-)

try out, you can export that key first, than del it: and at once the game is no more installed/ reg in win ! :-) to search with reg edit , or similar is not necessary to say ?

Edited by erbe58, 13 August 2015 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users