Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hi guys,

a lot of players likes sitting at lobby while being afk, or at window, and he can sit like this for hours ....

with the current level of activity, it's getting annoying whenever you try pagging someone's online but getting no respond at all, since he is afk or @ windows.

so, why not activating an auto-log out feature ?? so the player who will stay more than 15 mins @ lobby without any kind of activity he will be automatically logged out !! and he needs to login again

by this we can guarantee that everyone @ lobby is not afk  / @ windows and he is currently ONLINE 

what do you think of that ?

suggestions / comments are welcome.

#2 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

I think this would be a good feature. I have never quite understood why so many players just sit in the lobby, having never experienced it on other games. It gives a false representation of activity.

Edited by hardman, 23 July 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#3 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

Nothing is worse than no activity - we may as well put up a sign that says "ghost town - condemned"

The lobby sitters encourage others to log on and even tho it's frustrating when they are afk, once online ppl are much more likely to follow through with finding/playing a game.

#4 aCnChaOz

aCnChaOz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

Im sitting at Lobby for Hours cuz im learning or watch a Movie. When im ready or some1 page me on Skype i Play. Yak you have definitely to much freetime lol.

#5 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Nothing is worse than no activity - we may as well put up a sign that says "ghost town - condemned"

The lobby sitters encourage others to log on and even tho it's frustrating when they are afk, once online ppl are much more likely to follow through with finding/playing a game.

For me its quite the opposite, i login and if there are lots of people online but no games i try to create, after a few minutes im gone.

It's interesting as on other servers and for other games nobody sits, everyone is constantly in game.

Im sitting at Lobby for Hours cuz im learning or watch a Movie. When im ready or some1 page me on Skype i Play. Yak you have definitely to much freetime lol.

Sitting and waiting because there are no available games is a different matter. But there are people that login with no intention of playing,

#6 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

If you checked the online list and saw 5 players, 4 of which who were in game and the other who was 5 minutes away from being auto logged off, would you even bother to come online?

#7 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:42 PM

Yes as i know the people online are there to play. It does't seem to be an issue on other games...

#8 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

so you wanted to increase the level of activity by fake status !!! ???

i'd of came online because i saw some players down there, and then after logging in and pagging a lot of them and getting no respond at all !! i'll log out for sure !!! after getting pissed off 

i'd rather having ONLY 4 players online but they are down for games, over 20 afk players !!

For me its quite the opposite, i login and if there are lots of people online but no games i try to create, after a few minutes im gone.

It's interesting as on other servers and for other games nobody sits, everyone is constantly in game.

Yes as i know the people online are there to play. It does't seem to be an issue on other games...

+1 Thumb up 

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:27 PM

Which is worse no activity .

Or activity brought in by afk persons sitting in the lobby?
And if four ppl are in game in a 2v2, you're the 5th wheel (no game for you)

#10 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:30 PM

What's wrong with sitting in the lobby? If the player doesn't respond, you can find someone else or just leave.

A feature that I would really like is to see from the ladder page who's currently waiting in QM, but that's off topic :p

#11 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

I don't support this idea at all, very bad for the promotion because if players sees only few players online in lobby, they will think "ah this server is dead, not worth coming online" if there are 15-25 people online in lobby, that is good. There is a reason people come online, and that is to play the game, some are afk for some hours and then come back, I'm against this idea. This guy barely plays the game and want's to decide who stays online in the game, dear admins can you just close this topic and thanks :)

#12 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

What's wrong with sitting in the lobby? If the player doesn't respond, you can find someone else or just leave.

A feature that I would really like is to see from the ladder page of who's currently waiting in QM, but that's off topic :p

a great idea!

that is what im talking about zia, the effect of a >5 ppl online stat is to further deter activity. 

#13 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

oh mijn god

#14 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:12 PM

this idea is not good ! ist better there are 10 ppl in Lobby afk plus 10 ppl online like 10 ppl online in 1 or 2 in Lobby... if i go to Lobby and  i see nobody therre or only like 2-3 ppl i log off again..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users