7 replies to this topic

#1 EgaoNoGenki

EgaoNoGenki

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

I know *something* about this computer, which I obtained just this May, is causing RA2 not to work. I want to train on all 3 campaigns (or probably just 2, since I lean away from Communism) before I get into the multiplayer side of the game.

To help each other, here are my computer specs:

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Manufacturer AMD Speed 2.0 GHz Number of Cores 4 

Video Card: AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics Manufacturer ATI Chipset AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics Dedicated Memory 1.0 GB Total Memory 4.0 GB

Memory: 7.1 GB

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit Service Pack 0 Size 64 Bit Edition Basic

Display: Maximum Resolution 1366 x 768

DVD: hp DVDRW GUB0N SATA

Drive 1:   Size 674.9 GB Free 585.8 GB

Drive 2:   Size 22.7 GB Free 2.2 GB

Edited by EgaoNoGenki, 20 July 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#2 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

How did you install the game? From a CD, First Decade DVD, mounted ISO, Origin download, XWIS version download?

If it's the XWIS version, then that one doesn't come with any campaigns.

Does skirmish mode work?

#3 EgaoNoGenki

EgaoNoGenki

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

How did you install the game? From a CD, First Decade DVD, mounted ISO, Origin download, XWIS version download?

It was the blue "ALLIED" CD. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade that installation to the latest patch too, but Westwood is shut down so I need to find a way around it...

I'd rather use a tutorial before skirmishing. And the campaign is the meat-and-potatoes of this game; I am so excited to follow and drive a storyline.

#4 EviLempire

EviLempire

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

Hi I just downloaded red alert 2 and yuris from origin it is a freebie atm, when I try to load a single player I get a message unable to read scenario so far im only able to play a multiplayer game can anyone help with this issue ?

#5 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:57 PM

Not sure.... Are you using the same system as post #1?

What's your OS and any other information?

Edited by Seke, 20 September 2015 - 09:58 PM.

#6 CaptJosh

CaptJosh

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

Ok, I know this topic is a couple years old, but I'm having a VERY odd issue. I have Red Alert 2 discs and managed to get it installed, patched to the latest, and tried installing your fixes and I'm finding that for some reason, the allied campaign won't work. It keeps telling me "Unable to read scenario" and kicking back to the main menu, and that's if it doesn't crash the game. The Soviet campaign has been working fine. The allied camp started out working, but broke without ever letting me play more than the first mission and now won't let me start it over again. Win10, 64-bit, creators update.

#7 CaptJosh

CaptJosh

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Sorry to double post, but I've just found out that it does the same thing for the tutorial campaign. The only campaign I am able to play since patching to be able to run the game right in Win10 is the Soviet Campaign. Yet I have no troubles with Patched Yuri's revenge.

#8 CaptJosh

CaptJosh

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

I know I could edit above, but I figure a solution deserves its own post. I solved this by running a file named Red Alert 2.exe instead of RA2.exe. I am able to play with no issues now other than the usual graphical oddities with the interface found when playing a game never meant for widescreen at widescreen resolutions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users