Photo

Quick questions about Resolution in QM & Maps

Best Answer rumblesom, 14 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

if you set the resolution via your ra2.ini file you won't need to use 'hires'. A good size to use is the same size as your desktop resolution. For RA2 a high resolution will make the menus and lobbies look small, but in-game you will see much more of the map. 

The xwis ra2 includes all of the new maps, and it is self-updating

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Makyura

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hey all,

I am playing through the XWiS downloaded version of the game, and am wondering how i can customize my resolution to best fit my monitor. I entered my preferred width and height in the ra2.ini , however i recall having to type in hires or something like that and also not even sure if the reso is what i put the values to.

Is typing hires still necessary?  Also are all the new maps included in the XWiS DL of the game?

#2 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:10 PM   Best Answer

if you set the resolution via your ra2.ini file you won't need to use 'hires'. A good size to use is the same size as your desktop resolution. For RA2 a high resolution will make the menus and lobbies look small, but in-game you will see much more of the map. 

#3 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Makyura

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:14 AM

Thanks for the help :) I went with your suggestion, just used my desktop res.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users