31 replies to this topic

#1 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

Here is a link to my drop box with all the survival maps I have made over the years.

I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jawpel4ruai0vfj/AABnFYkG2F40yymIII5H_Lnja?dl=0

--- INSTALL GUIDE ---

Download the map(s). Copy/paste the .map file(s) into your  "Red Alert 2\Maps\Custom"  folder. Then load the game.

--- Making A Survival Map (Basic Tutorial) --- (Set the Quality to 720p if the video looks like shit) (Bottom right under settings)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178434830

--- Current Versions of each map by name showing in-game (Any version(s) lower, I do not recommend playing) ---

Spoiler

Edited by dctanxman, 27 April 2018 - 09:36 PM.

#2 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

thanks!

#3 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

thanks dude, love survival maps!

will check them out soon

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

So who wants to plan a day to do some of these? :D

#5 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

The face of death was pretty difficult but easy to do once you know how. This guy has his game open a lot on CNCNET

#6 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

Let me know a good day/time and i will get on and play with you guys. We can go through all my maps :D. I live in USA eastern time zone.

Glad to see people enjoying my work.

My favorite map is Survive Inevitable Death (File name death3.yrm). Really good 3 player. No lag. Challenge to the end.

Then to slow stuff up and just chill out i like CrossRoad Island II (file name crossroad2.yrm). Island based 4 player. Easy map.

For something unique that most have never seen before, check out Marathon (4)MapsIn(1) (file name marathon4.yrm). I have made several version of this map as it can get buggy when there is so many triggers.

This is a map that has 4 maps in 1. First map the objective is to protect the presents house. You get 1 battle fortress and have one barrack to build units. Second map you also use battle fortresses but you must take on the enemy and make your way to the time machine and destroy it. The third map you now get to build fully and must survive the timer. The forth map you again use battle fortress to protect the communications center but get attacked like crazy. After each map you win it takes you to the next. This is a rather old map that could use some more work but still fun to play if you got 2 hrs to burn.

#7 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

can you make the face of death one so all AI units cant be mind controlled? Pretty easy to beat now I know what to do

Edited by Seke, 19 July 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#8 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:01 PM

I love this guys work. Really takes me back to the old days of YR :)

#9 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:09 AM

can you make the face of death one so all AI units cant be mind controlled? Pretty easy to beat now I know what to do

Don't think that can be done with out it affecting players units also which would be kinda dumb if your units could not be mind controlled.

This map has 4 versions. Some harder then others.

Easier versions are

3 players - Face Of Death III (file name deathface3.yrm)

4 players - Face Of Death II (file name DeathFace4.yrm)

Harder versions are

3 players - Face Of Death IV (file name deathface5.yrm)

4 players - Face Of Death V (file name deathface6.yrm)

NEW Very hard version

Face of death VI (file name death7.yrm)

Keep in mind if you like that map try out these also

3 players - Survive Inevitable Death (file name death3) Hardest one of them all.

4 players - Survive Your Death (file name death4) Same as Survive Inevitable Death but the forth player makes it easier.

6 players - Survive Death (file name death6) Easy 6 player version.

4 players - Survive Your Death II (file name deathcorners) Everyone is on there own in a corner on the map. Not very hard.

They are just about the same map but without the face.

Edited by dctanxman, 22 July 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#10 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

cool, look forward to doing some soon!

#11 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

You need to make it more difficult then. I could beat the face of death V by myself I think.

#12 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

You need to make it more difficult then. I could beat the face of death V by myself I think.

You might be able to as it was never intended to be very hard.

Try out Survive Inevitable death. It is the same map but without the face so the units don't have choke points which makes it much harder. Set game speed up all the way and try to solo it. You will get smashed.

I will make a version of The face of death that is much harder and release it.

#13 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

Added a new version of face of death to the list. Should be much harder.

#14 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

nice thanks

#15 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

I dunno if you guys tried the map called "Protect Romanov", i never could beat it because my allies always can't make it after few waves, if someone wants to try it i will be on tonight gmt time on cncnet under WestW00D.

#16 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

I dunno if you guys tried the map called "Protect Romanov", i never could beat it because my allies always can't make it after few waves, if someone wants to try it i will be on tonight gmt time on cncnet under WestW00D.

I'll be up for this.

#17 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

I'll be up for this.

I'm on.

#18 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

I have made a version of Protect romanov. Called Defend Romanov (file name romanovd.yrm)

It is not very hard but way less lag then the original map that was made a long ass time ago. Which is most likely the version you guys are talking about.

#19 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

I'm on.

i completed it yesterday not that hard.

I have made a version of Protect romanov. Called Defend Romanov (file name romanovd.yrm)

It is not very hard but way less lag then the original map that was made a long ass time ago. Which is most likely the version you guys are talking about.

Did you ever play 'Protect the president?' was the only survivasl map i ever found i could not do, been hunting for it for years :(

#20 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

Make some more 2 player ones plz

make them more complicated ratehr than so 2 dimensional too.

I love all the maps, but they are just waves and waves... Make some where player needs to control units and stuff rather than spam them

Edited by Seke, 26 July 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#21 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

Added a new version of face of death to the list. Should be much harder.

You marathon 4 survivals in one map is epic. Problem is it crashes when u get to round 4?

#22 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:39 PM

Make some more 2 player ones plz

make them more complicated ratehr than so 2 dimensional too.

I love all the maps, but they are just waves and waves... Make some where player needs to control units and stuff rather than spam them

I will try to make some time to do that. But no promises.

You marathon 4 survivals in one map is epic. Problem is it crashes when u get to round 4?

Whats the file name for the version you get crashes when going to the forth map?

I know i have made several versions of that map and the one that should not crash for sure is Marathon (4)MapsIn(1) (file name marathon4.yrm). I have completed this version over 10 times with no problems.

Be sure to play it with 3 other players. A computer as one of the players can cause crashes when going to the last map. You need all 4 players alive.

Edited by dctanxman, 02 August 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#23 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

I'm looking for a survival called "Defend Liberty 2.0 all allied" or something along those lines. One of the hardest no lag survival maps I've ever played.

Pretty much any survival map that keeps all players on their toes all the way through. Most survivals I've played recently usually end the same way; by wave 4 or 5 one guy has his yuri base with grinder and mind control built around enemy spawn point, or rockies or whatever just camping on enemy spawn point at which point every other player could just sit back not build anything and wait 20 or 30min for map to end. Boring and complete waste of time at that point. There's only a few survival maps I've played that actually require some sort of strategizing with superb enemy A.I. units.

Does anybody here have maps like this?

#24 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:50 AM

I'm looking for a survival called "Defend Liberty 2.0 all allied" or something along those lines. One of the hardest no lag survival maps I've ever played.

Pretty much any survival map that keeps all players on their toes all the way through. Most survivals I've played recently usually end the same way; by wave 4 or 5 one guy has his yuri base with grinder and mind control built around enemy spawn point, or rockies or whatever just camping on enemy spawn point at which point every other player could just sit back not build anything and wait 20 or 30min for map to end. Boring and complete waste of time at that point. There's only a few survival maps I've played that actually require some sort of strategizing with superb enemy A.I. units.

Does anybody here have maps like this?

Try out this map

You will get shit on. It might feel impossible but i assure you it is possible and it just takes a good strategy.

Also try out Survive Inevitable Death (file name death3). Not as hard but will keep you on your toes the whole way through.

Let me know what you think.

#25 dctanxman

dctanxman

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:45 AM

Another good map that will keep you on your toes is

Stand Your Ground (file name stand.yrm)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users