#1 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

Here's the issue:

My computer speakers (Logitech, basic speakers) spike in volume upon initial sound.

What I mean is if everything is quiet initially, and say, I play a song the first second of that song is extremely loud, then it readjusts and makes it very soft. It doesn't matter really what volume I have it on.

Is this a speaker problem or a sound card/computer problem?

I would expect it to be a speaker problem, and I can just go buy $20 speakers over at Best Buy, but has anyone had this issue before from sound card issues?

Thanks.

#2 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

Do you have other speakers/ headphones you could test? If theres not a problem you know its likely the speakers.

Drivers up to date?

#3 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

Certainly not a speaker problem.. Maybe if they are self powered there's a problem with the amp- otherwise I would think sound card

#4 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

Thank you for the replies. I will try it out with headphones:

When I plug the headphones into the logitech speaker: I get normal volume (no distortions). I do not hear anything from my left headphone, but this is to be expected since the left speaker is also not working (must be something wrong with the speakers, but I'm not concerned with this.)

I plug my headphones into the front speaker jack ( I do not think this is the soundcard jack) and the headphones work well. No distortions.

I plug my headphones into the soundcard section and they appear to work fine with no distortion.

The interesting thing now is, after messing with the plugs in to the computer, the speakers seem to be working just fine now. Perhaps it was an issue with the connections. =O

Thank you guys for your help. I should have remembered to just test it out by headphones :p.

#5 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

I would expect it to be a speaker problem, and I can just go buy $20 speakers over at Best Buy

Must be amazing sound quality for that kind of money. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users