6 replies to this topic

#1 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

Everytime i enter quick match it forces me to change my resolution to 640x480. I play in 1024x768, this is a bit of problem as playing at 640x480 is just silly. Is their a solution to this? iv tried installing a patch which some one recommended in another similar topic to this .... if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks

#2 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

http://xwis.net/d
The XWIS RA2 MP download contains an update that fixes this.

#3 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

thanks love, oh and olaf, iv been  playing a lot of red alert 1 on cncnet.org and im not kidding its absolutely booming. They have only achieved the numbers by advertising over facebook and twitter, some other 3rd parties and through word of mouth! Ill always be a bigger fan of xwis but i cant help but feel, everytime i go on red alert 2, it just feels dead, do you have many plans for advertising? as i know for a fact xwis could be big again if the time and effort was put into it, people just dont know about it..... it feels very private! Would love to see red alert 2 and YR boom again on xwis as theirs so much more to play for with xwis, with the ladders and clans ect

Edited by snipe, 06 May 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#4 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

I think Ra1 being freeware also helps a lot too.

#5 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

Explain to me then, how cncnet.org has recently started to support YR and that too is booming..... We all know YR was a hard game to keep alive due to it been the expansion and that some didn't like it. Well cncnet have managed to get it 3 or 4 times more active than xwis ra2 in a matter of months. If these people knew about xwis they would Probaly convert over, but they don't know!

#6 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

Oh and I installed that patch and q/m still isn't working properly, I will always support xwis over anything else, but having to run around finding patches which don't work, is just a clear utter ball ache. People just want to jump on and play for fun these days. Most of us are hitting 30 people don't have the patience to be running around forums trying to find solutions for problems. It will for sure deter people from playing on xwis. I'm just telling how it is so you guys know!

#7 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

You shouldn't be installing any patch. That link Olaf provided is the XWIS game download which should allow you play at higher resolutions.

I would suggest deleting all Ra2 files and doing a clean install from here: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

Edited by hardman, 14 May 2015 - 09:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users