#1 ma77ox

ma77ox

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • XWIS Name: ma77ox

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

Back in the day I went by vTWISTERv, I actually even had a website with some of the old players profiles on it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050425021937/http://www.geocities.com/kammak71/community.html

Playing after all these years is totally different, I can't remember anything at all and so not used to losing every game. Gonna take me awhile to get used to it all over again.

Edited by ma77ox, 04 March 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#2 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

wb, love your TANYA page :D

#3 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Welcome back. I'm sure you will get used to it again in no time!

#4 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

Welcome back, Keith! :)

#5 Sealixir

Sealixir

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Welcome back, Keith! :)

#6 ma77ox

ma77ox

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

Thanks all, I wished I would have known this game was still playable long ago. It's gonna take me awhile that's for sure...Back then I was on a huge gaming machine with a huge monitor, now just on a 15" laptop with windows 8. But at least now the connections aren't dial up....lol

#7 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

RA2 has some issues with Windows 8 at current. Things have changed as far as how you register for accounts to play on XWIS.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/163831-how-to-play/

We're all here to help should you need it. ;) The activity has gone down and is not as active as it used to be as far as players in the lobby and game availability but you can still get into some games. It's just mostly all modded maps unfortunately. I play as IonGenHD usually, so if you see me, throw me a PM here on the forums and I'll try and schedule some time to play! :)

EDIT: Those ADSL connections were horrible! Each time the phone rings, the Internet disconnects...ugh those days I'm glad I don't miss! :laugh: But all in all, the game is still around. :D

Edited by NSanityHD, 04 March 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Welcome back.

#9 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Thanks all, I wished I would have known this game was still playable long ago. It's gonna take me awhile that's for sure...Back then I was on a huge gaming machine with a huge monitor, now just on a 15" laptop with windows 8. But at least now the connections aren't dial up....lol

If you experience any problems playing on Windows 8, have a read through our support topics.

#10 ma77ox

ma77ox

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

RA2 has some issues with Windows 8 at current. Things have changed as far as how you register for accounts to play on XWIS.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/163831-how-to-play/

We're all here to help should you need it. ;) The activity has gone down and is not as active as it used to be as far as players in the lobby and game availability but you can still get into some games. It's just mostly all modded maps unfortunately. I play as IonGenHD usually, so if you see me, throw me a PM here on the forums and I'll try and schedule some time to play! :)

EDIT: Those ADSL connections were horrible! Each time the phone rings, the Internet disconnects...ugh those days I'm glad I don't miss! :laugh: But all in all, the game is still around. :D

It seems to be playing pretty well on Windows 8, I read up on it before I tried it and made some of the changes, I have to watch some of the buttons I push at times, because it will start clicking on stuff on my desktop behind ra2 playing...other than that, I can't Alt & Tab away from game....But all in all at least I can play.

I have noticed not many people at all are online, Sucks that I came on this late and missed more people playing...Hopefully it picks back up'

12 years ago I ate, drank and slept RA2....Made it in Top 25 of all time many times...Won cool stuff like C&C mouse pads...lol

Edited by ma77ox, 04 March 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#11 WARoWAR

WARoWAR

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

I remember you man! Even your website!

1 thing pops to my mind, weren't you a wrestler or something? 

Anyway, welcome back!

#12 ma77ox

ma77ox

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

I remember you man! Even your website!

1 thing pops to my mind, weren't you a wrestler or something? 

Anyway, welcome back!

Yeah that's me, I wrestled for about 10 years, actually getting back into it again come next Saturday...lol

A LOT has happened since those days...I took my 3 boys and left my wife ad have been living the dream of raising them on my own. One is in College playing Basketball now, Another is a Senior and already signed to ply College Baseball, and my youngest is a Freshman and is the High School Most Athletic...He started Varsity as a Freshman in Football, Basketball and now Baseball.

Life is Definitely good, but now I can play RA2 again, I will probably spend too much time playing and not have a life...lol, But can't do that since I am the owner of my own Business and need the money rolling in...haha

#13 WARoWAR

WARoWAR

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

Yes my friend 12 years ALONG time, but it's over in a blink! Nice to hear, i've got 2 sons myself also :) Since I picked up ra2 again couple weeks ago they both are very interested in it and actually played some games, so I've got an excuse for my bad stats haha!

I've just seen yours.. ouch.. hang in there my friend, you'll get better soon. I'm actually surprised why I remembered the wrestler thing.. do you remember my name?

#14 ma77ox

ma77ox

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

I can't believe it's been 12 years...I do remember you, we had some good battles. My record is horrible. I can't get the maps remembered, can't remember all the hot keys or anything...heck I had even forgot how to talk while in game.

It was sad how ra2 just ended...It started declining when Yuri's Revenge came out...I played it for a little while but not very long...I then also bought Generals and played it very little....Just wasn't the same.

I know RA2 is old school and the graphics aren't like the new games, but in my book it is the best game ever produced....other than Techmo Bowl...lol

#15 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

that dkwolf75 profile tho.. LOL

#16 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

" I wanna be the best and Im proud to be a part of one of the best fucking clans in the world- Black Assassins. Im number 1 in Canada and so what there are only ten of us im #1. Ra2 is a great game but I want to hurt people when I get washed or disconnected, im sure we all do. I live in the west work in the east and hope to play tonight at least. Im working on a B.A. in Science and have 3 years left, wish me luck. Thanks

BTW, STFU Delphi you never did shit for us you fucking dork we make the community ourselves without your help.

Anyway, good to see someone come back to the game.

I feel like I recognise your vTWISTERv name although I don't think we ever played. I started in late 2002

#17 DkWoLF75

DkWoLF75

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:10 AM

that dkwolf75 profile tho.. LOL

Lol, that isn't even me. Someone from --BA-- trolling surely.

I do remember vtwisterv though, welcome back :)

#18 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi dude :) Wb

#19 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrono69x

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

nice page man, i think i remember seeing it at one point -- i recognize some --ba-- on that list lol

and dk, don't lie, that was totally your profile haha

#20 oldcarp

oldcarp

Bring back YR!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

Welcome back, but this game is 100% dead and not really any point in coming back.

#21 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrono69x

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

if you're looking for a strong competitive atmosphere, then yeah, there is no point. but if you're just looking to ffg with friends, then that's another story entirely -- no reason not to come back and enjoy that

#22 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

But cud ye get to the top nowadays ???? 😉

#23 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

There is a lot of competition, it is just between not so many players

#24 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

Welcome back, but this game is 100% dead and not really any point in coming back.

i'd bet 100$ you'd have trouble cracking top 50

wb vtwisterv, my nick is warzone if you need any help in game let me know

#25 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

There is a lot of competition, it is just between not so many players

Lukke Rumble Tbiol.