#176 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

that's a lie

whenever i go on RA2, the majority of people online are just sitting in the lobby with no intention of even playing.

This. ^

Yet, on cncnet the 40-50+ players are active and hosting, playing games.

#177 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

Thats cause there are no ladders.

Everyone plays without pressure.

Trust me no1 would play tournys on cncnet when the xwis boys will arrive.

#178 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

Thats cause there are no ladders.

Everyone plays without pressure.

Trust me no1 would play tournys on cncnet when the xwis boys will arrive.

Nobody gives a single fuck about ranks. You are literally the only one that is fixated by pseudo rankings while nobody really competes anymore. I see topics every month that you bail other "top 10" players just to get hof (not saying that you are a noob, you are one of the better players atm). Cncnet will be the future and ladders will be active because nobody really cares about rankings, the game is ages old people play it casually for fun (even ranked games).

#179 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Nobody gives a single fuck about ranks. You are literally the only one that is fixated by pseudo rankings while nobody really competes anymore. I see topics every month that you bail other "top 10" players just to get hof (not saying that you are a noob, you are one of the better players atm). Cncnet will be the future and ladders will be active because nobody really cares about rankings, the game is ages old people play it casually for fun (even ranked games).

That it not true.

The competition between the players who are left is bigger then ever.

Im not saying ranks really care anymore, there simply to less players for that, but the ppl who are left are almost all players with years of experience and we play a alot of 1v1 and 2v2cm against eachother.

Without rankings, this would not be possible.

Nobody gives a single fuck about ranks. 

You* dont give a fuck. 

You are a perfect example of some1 who left/wanna leave xwis cause you lose to many games in ranked matches combined with the fact you have a big ego and are not willing improve your gameplay.

Whats left for you on xwis are ffgs, and yes i totally agree that cncnet would be more attractive for ffg players also with the new features added.

So i totally understand your frustration, but stay fair with yourself: ppl do give about rankings, but cncnet is just a better place for ppl like you.

#180 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

Sorry, but I lol'd :(

#181 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Sorry, but I lol'd :(

You have to read the full post then you know what im saying.

but then again also you fall into the same catagory as him probally.

#182 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

You have to read the full post then you know what im saying.

but then again also you fall into the same catagory as him probally.

I did read the full post and i kinda get what you're saying. XWIS is currently the place to be for anyone that cares about rankings, and i agree. But i can't agree with the statement that 'competition is bigger then ever', no matter what context its used in!

The competition across the game as a whole (not just the few pro players remaining) isn't anywhere near what i'd like it to be. I'm sure you know that competition for ranks is nowhere near as high as even just a few years ago. Yes, there are a few players that have healthy competition, but outside the top 5 not really. Thats shown by how little points it now takes to get top 25, top 50, etc. 

YR is now effectively dead on XWIS and from what i can tell, RA2 is going down the same route but more slowly. My concern is that when/if (more a case as when now from what i've been told) cncnet implement an effective ladder system for both YR and RA2, XWIS really may struggle to retain any sort of activity. This is because CNCnet may becomee the preferred server for both ffg players and players going for rank. I personally like playing both ffg's and ranked games depending on my mood and frankly if i can get both of these in abundance on one sever, i will be spending the majority of my limited time there.

But all of the above still doesn't explain the wealth of people that just sit in the RA2 lobby. I really don't get it so perhaps someone could shed some light. The rare chance i get to go on i check the number of players online and even if there is a healthy looking 70 players on i can't find a worthwhile game (ranked games and ffg's), It's like i've been fooled to coming online as out of the 70 players on, often up to 50% are just sat in the lobby.

Sorry to make an 'XWIS is dead/dying' post which have seemingly been everywhere since time began, but i think this statement is now more accurate then ever. Back on topic, i think a merger of some description will be crucial to the 'survival' of XWIS.

Edited by hardman, 07 April 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#183 JonasAKAFaze

JonasAKAFaze

The BH Master

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • XWIS Name: Faze

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

Consider tiberian sun last month when only 20 games where played. And 4 games this month till now. It's so sad. Clearly this might be what will happen to red alert 2 on xwis, when cncnet makes it available. I wish QQ died, so the thousands of chinese players would come here :D

#184 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

That it not true.
Im not saying ranks really care anymore, there simply to less players for that, but the ppl who are left are almost all players with years of experience and we play a alot of 1v1 and 2v2cm against eachother.
Without rankings, this would not be possible.

There is no competition anymore. I dont consider 6 players left a competition. Even Paf manages to get a low hof spot lol.

You* dont give a fuck. 
You are a perfect example of some1 who left/wanna leave xwis cause you lose to many games in ranked matches combined with the fact you have a big ego and are not willing improve your gameplay.
Whats left for you on xwis are ffgs, and yes i totally agree that cncnet would be more attractive for ffg players also with the new features added.

Its true I dont give a fuck but I didnt left because i got rekt so hard and kept playing ffgs. I actually never played ra2 for a long time, mostly periods of a couple of month. Im not going to lie and say that im a very good ra2 player lol i was just average and it didnt really bother me :D (heh frank i won u 1 time =))) u mad bro? :D ps. miss you and the yoga pants talks).

So i totally understand your frustration, but stay fair with yourself: ppl do give about rankings, but cncnet is just a better place for ppl like you.

Im not frustrated at all. Cncnet might be a better place since there will be more players in the near future for ra2.

#185 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

This. ^

Yet, on cncnet the 40-50+ players are active and hosting, playing games.

Yes, and how many different games does the client support? 

It's petty to false advertise something... I was very disappointed. 

Edited by DylHole, 08 April 2015 - 07:35 AM.

#186 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

Those 40-50 plus players are just on YR. There are around 400-500 in ra1 lobby normally.

#187 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:54 AM

Yes, and how many different games does the client support? 

Ohh, sorry, pickles, I didn't realize that due to the location of this thread I had to be specific.

#188 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

i bet it's my timezone

australia should move somewhere else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users