9 replies to this topic

#1 xPs

xPs

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

Just recently I am having trouble playing games. 

I connect to players in qm, then it loads, then the map shows up and the money only gets to like 143$ then freeze and after a while it says "other system not responding"

This is a new problem I never had before.  Sometimes It works, even against the same player, but most of the times it seems not to.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thank you

#2 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

I connect to players in qm, then it loads, then the map shows up and the money only gets to like 143$ then freeze and after a while it says "other system not responding"

This is a new problem I never had before.  Sometimes It works, even against the same player, but most of the times it seems not to.

Thank you

The freeze at 143 credits signifies that MPH.exe is unable to connect to the internet (your opponent).

MPH.exe is the game's connection manager, try your best to allow it through all firewalls.

Alternatively try setting up a DMZ connection to your router with a static IP address.

#3 Buluhara

Buluhara

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:12 PM

Is RA2 offline today?

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

No it's not: http://xwis.net/ra2/online

#5 xPs

xPs

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

The freeze at 143 credits signifies that MPH.exe is unable to connect to the internet (your opponent).

MPH.exe is the game's connection manager, try your best to allow it through all firewalls.

Alternatively try setting up a DMZ connection to your router with a static IP address.

The weird thing is that it suddenly happened.  I have been playing the last year with no issues. Could it be that an update to my antivirus software caused it?  

#6 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

The weird thing is that it suddenly happened.  I have been playing the last year with no issues. Could it be that an update to my antivirus software caused it?  

Yes, try to look through your anti-virus settings and find the section for adding exclusions or trusted applications.

Then add the game's executables to that list. Post back on your results.

#7 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

Thank you

Disconnect from the internet and Delete the file except.txt and restart ra2/yr (once re-connected)

if it happens you can fix it using these steps however you may find its temporary.

Also please note if it happens once i found it happens over and over until you restart ra2/yr

As Martin has stated its a firewall/router related issue.

Have a look here for some more info.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/43072-all-xwis-supported-cc-games-firewall-ports/

#8 xPs

xPs

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

Before some of your tips, I went to the ra2 folder and found some files dated very new that didn't seem like they needed to be there.  3 .mpr files.... I deleted them.  So far no issues.

#9 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:35 AM

Before some of your tips, I went to the ra2 folder and found some files dated very new that didn't seem like they needed to be there.  3 .mpr files.... I deleted them.  So far no issues.

.mpr files are multiplayer maps that were most likely transferred to your computer from another player.

#10 xPs

xPs

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

So issue seems to be fixed after deleting those .mpr files.  I must also say though after doing that, a few later  windows firewall popped up an icon asking for permission for mph.exe  and of course I allowed it.  So anyways, all is working for now, and thanks for the support.

Edited by xPs, 27 February 2015 - 09:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users