33 replies to this topic

#26 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

You provide a free to download version of RA2 / YR MP clients.

While you charge for online play.

Maybe that question you asked is more appropriate for you?

In any case many players with RA2 / YR have downloaded it from here, torrents, otherwise, shared CD's.

So it doesn't have to be freeware.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 17 March 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#27 ALiTheGreatest

ALiTheGreatest

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

Just make RA2 F2P and require auto SS for hall of fame. No need to report cheaters since they wont make HOF if they don't have Autoss. Bring on the mass players and more fun.

#28 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Auto ss is already required to make HOF AFAIK.

#29 desozrule

desozrule

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

Just make RA2 F2P and require auto SS for hall of fame. No need to report cheaters since they wont make HOF if they don't have Autoss. Bring on the mass players and more fun.

So you wouldn't report a cheater that just used prez ifv againts your rank one nick that just lost you your rank on final day? :) :thumbsup:

#30 brekurass

brekurass

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

can u name some famous xwis players who play on diff server now who did not got banned here or did not left cause they made it impossible for themself to stay here like adam ? i really dont know who but mayb you know more i could be wrong.

well I not famous but have been playing for a while now and I have been playing on gr and will be looking at cncnet when ra2 is on it..and I see a lot of players in there like me that has not been banned for cheating or anything. Lots more on gr at the time I play than ra2 so have no choice really

#31 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

'old timer' yuri players are experimenting with CNCNet right now.  And the reviews i've heard/read all seem favorable.  This is having a direct effect on XWIS RA2 activity, since many of the mainstays here are pro Yuri players whom were forced to make the switch to RA2 due to activity.  I would say that GR is experiencing similar issues, although this is only based on perception, since listed games during the times i normally play seem to be almost 50% less.

If/when CNC net gets RA2 up and running will truly be the test.  RA2 seems to have always been the rock that helps drive activity.  

Like Brekurass says, there really isn't much choice, if you are looking to play right now.  When i check the lobby and there's 8 players and 1 game open on XWIS, i look at GR;  Like i mentioned, even GR seems to be showing a decrease, so if CNCnet is a 3rd option.  

I do feel like every option is suffering with the watering down of available servers to play.  I don't know if a 'winner' can be crowned.

#32 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

lol @ having 3 different servers for a 12+ year old game.

Ra2/yr is truly amazing :D.

It seems I need to check out YR on CNCnet when I get a moment of time. 

#33 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

3?

QQ Battlezone

GR

CNCNET

XWIS

HAMACHI

TUNGGLE

THAI YR CLIENT
Brazilian server (there was one at some point, dunno if still active)
...More that I can't remember

#34 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

Just a small notice to all who said there is no ra2 in cncnet, actually you can play ra2 by selecting "RA2 classic game" in mods when selecting maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users