Photo

Can't modify RA2.INI to allow higher resolutions

Best Answer kaki100, 08 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

I've tried to modify my RA2.INI file to allow higher resolutions using the hinescreen=allow (or similar) and I get a message "access denied".

I've already changed my Win7 to XP3 and have full admin access and from the properties it appears I have full access.

The "Hines" works sometimes, but it always reverts back to 1024.

Any ideas?

download the ra2 version from xwis and it works perfekt !! - For Yuri u need a special programm!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DkWoLF75

DkWoLF75

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:17 AM

I've tried to modify my RA2.INI file to allow higher resolutions using the hinescreen=allow (or similar) and I get a message "access denied".

I've already changed my Win7 to XP3 and have full admin access and from the properties it appears I have full access.

Any ideas?

#2 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

Hires?

#3 kaki100

kaki100

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:13 AM   Best Answer

Any ideas?

download the ra2 version from xwis and it works perfekt !! - For Yuri u need a special programm!

Edited by kaki100, 08 January 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#4 Kurbs118

Kurbs118

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

drag the .ini file out of the folder it's in, onto the desktop or something.  Edit and save it there, then put it back in the original Red Alert 2 folder.  Should get you around that permissioning. 

Good luck! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users