7 replies to this topic

#1 heldro

heldro

Corporal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

When he goes 0 miner and i go 1 i will just gonna have a bad time, since in small maps he will be in my base at the time my 1st miner is ready and once i have a tank myself he will have 2 allready, i am forced to place pills everywhere and run out of money or if i wait with engaging him with my tanks till i have enough to take him on he allready killed my power or a miner. When he doesnt rush me straight away and i try to tech up fast he will just outtank me with 2 warfacs. defending with rocketeers against an early baseattack never works out either, 1-3 dont do enough damage if the rhino's just keep running and a flak track renders them useless, when i try to kill the flak track with my tanks so my rockies can force him to retreat i end up losing tanks to his rhino's most of the times and he will just send a new cheap flak track

also, every time i outtank him while he is harrassing my base he will just run and outrange me and i take damage, usually there are also dogs running behind taking on the shots of my tanks. Another problem i got is when to build my AFC, i usually build it after my 2nd ref or 1st warfac so i can have paradrop as quick as possible (and 1 rocketeer to harras his tanks as soon as possible, delaying a rush) Im also not sure alot of the times how many miners i go on certain maps, i do watch what my opponent is doing but when he is going 1 miner less i am halfway building my miner when his tank 1st comes out. 

Long story short, i got a big problem stopping rhino tanks from early attacking my base as an allied player, i either loose a miner, powerplant or all my tanks, or i run out of money trying to place pills everywhere.

the tips i got so far were:

"camp and place pills" sure but i cant keep building them forever and he will just move on to another target

"use rocketeers" yes they are good but they are quite expensive compared to their counter the flak track

"play as sov" no thanks.

I would also like it if someone would want to play some games with me and tell me exactly where im making my errors. because yes i have watched good allied players hold good soviets players off their base on replays but no matter how hard i try to mimic them it seems to fail most of the times.

Edited by heldro, 05 January 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#2 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

practice practice and more practice

#3 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

well the only way to stop it is to outplay him, the first 4 mins of a sva game is the most crucial because most sovs just rush (not always the case)

watch your enemy more than you watch yourself. if you see him rush and you go 1, after you place the 2nd ore you afc, 2 rockies and put tanks behind the pill boxes, sounds easier than it actually is sure, but you have to practice it. instead of 2 rockies, try 1 plane....it isn't impossible to stop, just hard for someone learning the ropes.

#4 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

Part of it too is learning where to strategically place the pills. Most of the time placement is the reason being able to hold a rush and not. Probably common sense but it is a learned skill

#5 JonasAKAFaze

JonasAKAFaze

The BH Master

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • XWIS Name: Faze

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

This is how you defend a soviet rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGn96vffVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZ3o5jyLIQ

And this one is beastmode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am8h98wfawE

Credits goes to Adam :bye1:

Edited by JonasAKAFaze, 05 January 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#6 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

Part of it too is learning where to strategically place the pills. Most of the time placement is the reason being able to hold a rush and not. Probably common sense but it is a learned skill

Adding to that, often executing a well placed pill/sentry requires you to lure your opponent into it. In some respect it is more a matter of timing than anything. Attempt to place the pillbox as your enemy lurches forward to attack, at a key moment his tanks will target your pillbox while at the same time your tanks will come into firing range of his army. Have your pillbox ready, but don't place it until your able to create a trap.

Remember to hotkey the repair function to maximize the shielding effect of your pillbox(s)

#7 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

Adding to that, often executing a well placed pill/sentry requires you to lure your opponent into it. In some respect it is more a matter of timing than anything. Attempt to place the pillbox as your enemy lurches forward to attack, at a key moment his tanks will target your pillbox while at the same time your tanks will come into firing range of his army. Have your pillbox ready, but don't place it until your able to create a trap.    Remember to hotkey the repair function to maximize the shielding effect of your pillbox(s)
This also solves the ranges problem with rhinos v grizz. If they come attack into your pills the range point is solved.

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

If you have skype you can add me and I'll show you and talk you through it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users