9 replies to this topic

#1 DkWoLF75

DkWoLF75

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

Not sure if anyone around here remembers me, but I ended up here a few days ago after returning from living in South America.

I'd like to re-live my nostalgia over the next few weeks I have off. Unfortunately my RA2/YR discs are long gone, has anyone successfully downloaded and installed recently?

Anyhow, if I can get up and running, I'm totally in for some ffg's, I see there are new maps I can newb it up on.

Edit: Hah! I am a newb indeed. Found the link on the front page of XWIS. Hopefully this laptop doesn't lag.

Edited by DkWoLF75, 03 January 2015 - 01:25 AM.

#2 DkWoLF75

DkWoLF75

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:57 AM

Question:

If I already have a nick registered on XWIS and several legit serial numbers, do I need to purchase another one? I reinstalled the XWIS RA2.exe from the link Olaf posted.

I'm in the server now if anyone wants to play. Just hoping it will work ok.

Edited by DkWoLF75, 03 January 2015 - 04:01 AM.

#3 WARoWAR

WARoWAR

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

I remember! You must be quite old by now, just like me haha

#4 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

warowar , wow :)

#5 inTAgrand

inTAgrand

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

I'm an ex --BA-- member too. How are you? I'm enjoying trying to relearn the game. Are you still looking to play? Hope all is well!

inTAgrand

#6 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrono69x

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:37 PM

hey im online now. trying to talk to you. nick now is lastasasn or Chrono69z (since i can't log in to Chrono69x anymore :( )

but you should add me to BL or pm me on here / ba.org if you're looking for games any time in the near future

EDIT: And i'm pretty sure Dk is long gone... for now lol. but inta, you should check out ba.org if you're trying to get a hold of ppl. i know some guys still check that randomly

Edited by Chrono69x, 24 July 2015 - 05:57 AM.

#7 KiLLeTiFF

KiLLeTiFF

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:16 PM

I was browsing around the forum looking for a reason to set up this game again, I haven't touched it in years. Any of you guys still get on every now and then? Remember all you guys esp. Dkwolf, gaming never reached the same high as the Ra2/Yr days lol.

#8 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:26 AM

Yo Tiff! Nice to see you around.

Things are  bright in the game for it being 12+ years old.

On XWIS, YR is dead, but Ra2 is slightly active amongst a high level of play. It's becoming more and more dead, but still offers a great QM experience.

Over on YR there has been a complete resurgence to the game via the cncnet client. I suggest checking in with this as there is a prototype of Auf clan running on the game via Auf ruler. The ladder boards are a work in progress but some successful screenshots are already in place (testing stage). You can play 3on3 or 4on4 quite easily on the server. I highly suggest checking it out.

currently, tournaments (usually with $$$) seem to be the big thing this year. Right now on cncnet there is a yuris revenge tournament with daily-ish live streams and the winner receives $150.00. Over the summer there were 1-2 huge tournaments with the Chinese players on the Chinese servers with cash payouts for many of the participants. Insane games.

I will end by stressing to check out cncnet if you have an itch to play some ffgs on yr, or check out some Ra2 QM on XWIS if you really want to get back on the skill side of things (although, you will likely get owned for the first month as there are plenty of new maps added to QM).

Nice seeing you around, your old pal/enemy iwin4prep and luther :).

#9 KiLLeTiFF

KiLLeTiFF

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

I never really got into it when I came back first time, mainly because I wasn't use to losing so much :p. Don't think it's possible to compete now but I do wanna see how it feels for old times sake.

#10 chainsaw

chainsaw

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

tiff!!!!!!!!! i love you message me your skype...i miss you bro

Edited by chainsaw, 24 September 2016 - 02:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users