#1 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:16 AM

Hey everyone, happy new year!

As you may have already seen, a new format will be used in the quick match for January 2015. Along with the change in format, 2 new maps and several map repairs will be added:

New Maps:

"Lowlands" by Dylan
Lowlands small (2-4).jpg

A beautiful land-based 2-4 player map with complex layers and a large centre bridge. Try it for 1v1's or 2v2's!

"Win or Die" by Marcos Aurelio
win or die.jpg

A snowy land-based 2 player map. Multiple attack pathways, 3 levels of expansion.
Note: this map will be added shortly pending final revisions

Map Repairs:

Hammer and Sickle: Wooden Bridge fixed

This version will be added as Non-Standard for a trial period. The wooden bridge can now be repaired from both sides. The ground at each entrance has been marked with pavement to indicate the change.
Hammer and Sickle (fixed).jpg

Country Swing: Ore added to Top

After precisely measuring each gold patch, the difference in top vs bottom = 3400.. only! Please see the attached image for exact amounts. Top has been evenly corrected.
Country Swing (fixed).jpg

Depth Charge: Gems added to Bottom Right

After precisely measuring each gem patch, the difference in TL vs BR = 11,350! wow! Top left had 2000 removed and bottom right had 9000 added.
Depth Charge (fixed).jpg

Please leave feedback and suggest any other map repairs you'd like done in the future :)

Complete image archives of the ORIGINAL WESTWOOD MAPS and NEW XWIS MAPS will be posted soon

Please see "Standard Map Previews" for map images and descriptions!

#2 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

Nice update :D

For Country Swing, why not remove ore from the bottom spot as it has more resources than others spots?, sometimes in Cm this map is played lvr so it will be 47k vs 39k :suicide:

Also i still think that shroud needs to be removed from all maps with keeping the fog of war so newbies can easily push their limits in fight instead losing because of a not seen oil/gem field or/ bad BO <---- this is exclusively my own opinion that might not match with the opinions of the majority

:rizla:

#3 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

Nice update :D

For Country Swing, why not remove ore from the bottom spot as it has more resources than others spots?, sometimes in Cm this map is played lvr so it will be 47k vs 39k :suicide:

Also i still think that shroud needs to be removed from all maps with keeping the fog of war so newbies can easily push their limits in fight instead losing because of a not seen oil/gem field or/ bad BO <---- this is exclusively my own opinion that might not match with the opinions of the majority

Would certainly discourage mapping since there would be no reason to map lol :p

#4 J0ni

J0ni

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Joni

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

a good idea

Maybe maps can have some a kind of description for (oils, navy, the size of,)

most playing doing better because he can memory now all maps and spot. that was reason why i stop playing Qm too many maps there.

Edited by J0ni, 29 December 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#5 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

the more maps the better, but i guess everyone complains about it so good update for majority of people i guess

#6 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Awesome job m8!

#7 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

So now we have 45 maps instead of 60 ... i dont really see the point of this but ok.

Lets all disable Alaskan :)

( Edit : gj about the map fixes tough )

Edited by Mikoz, 29 December 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#8 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

Never knew there was such a difference in Depth Charge.  I always assumed that bottom spots were better since they are easier for the transport boat to get to the oils in the middle.  

Now that i know this, it explains some of the losses that i get on this map vs soviets.

#9 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

There needs to be an alteration of the scenarios and which faction meet-ups are possible on some of the maps. SW need to not be random, especially on maps that allow allied to abuse the layout of the map mayday, city etc. Maps like Urban Rush, Northwaves (+ more) aren't compatible for AvS and need to be set to mirror only. Also, 45 down from 60 is hardly an improvement. If people want to play more the maps are still possible to be played with the use of the control panel. 25-30 per month would be a good drop.

#10 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

imo northwaves and urban maps aren't so strongly favored to soviets always, good allieds vs good sovs anything can happen, maybe for the players that aren't good it will effect it, but they need to learn somewhere.

the super weapons idea isn't a terrible idea, like on YR sws are always on svy, that's a great idea. some maps like depth Malibu hammer ect those would be good

dropping the map pool again to a lower amount isn't a terrible idea, but the problem is the same people complaining this month about the maps being too new, will complain the next because they just learned map set A and now its map set B it's not a win win anyways, that's why having all the maps available wasn't terrible.

#11 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:28 AM

Superweapon idea is good.

Changing which maps are allowed to be SvA or mirror is good.

I could provide a list of what I think is reasonable if asked and given a list of all the maps.

#12 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

It isn't a new idea. AFAIK there was a mishap and the settings were reset.

And yes, marsh, in lower level AvS some maps are a literal walk roll over for soviets.

#13 HCKiD

HCKiD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

since this started i get isle of war alot

#14 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

There needs to be an alteration of the scenarios and which faction meet-ups are possible on some of the maps. SW need to not be random, especially on maps that allow allied to abuse the layout of the map mayday, city etc. Maps like Urban Rush, Northwaves (+ more) aren't compatible for AvS and need to be set to mirror only. Also, 45 down from 60 is hardly an improvement. If people want to play more the maps are still possible to be played with the use of the control panel. 25-30 per month would be a good drop.

Is that a joke ? Urban Rush right side is the best. that overpowerers wether you are sov or allied. 

Ever played R side with allied ? i love that man and im sure alot of good allied players agree.

same goes for north Waves, allied can produce a great eco there. lol man if u mirror that, lets also mirror SV and coldest peak for being to allied OP.

Random SWs should remain the same way cause it makes the gameplay more diverse. Mayb for extreme camp maps like hammer ( bridges ) SW should be always on.

#15 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

both parties can be at fault, make sure at least your side is up to date

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

both parties can be at fault, make sure at least your side is up to date

Does it always pick Isle of War or does it pick the previous map?

#17 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

always isle

#18 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

I wondered about this aswell.

http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/auri/

#19 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

Looks strange but then your latest games seem normal

#20 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

Red Alert 2 requires a restart after maps have been updated.

#21 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

would you guys like me to redistribute the gold on CS so each spawn has an equal amount? This would result in a fairly noticeable change to the bottom spawns

#22 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

Red Alert 2 requires a restart after maps have been updated.

#23 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

I had this a few months back

It was quite annoying

I reinstalled once or twice and it seems to be fixed now

0 user(s) are reading this topic