NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

Hey guys.

When I'm making a new RA2 compatible map using Final Alert 2 and when I click "Check map" it always insists that YR will be needed to play the map. (it suggesting that the map can only be played on YR) Why is this? Any map I try to create it always says it must be played on YR, not RA2. The map doesn't appear in RA2's customize map selection either. :( What am I doing wrong for it to only want YR to be played in order to play the map? Have I missed something, or have I not enabled a setting for RA2 & YR?

Help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 Speeder

Speeder

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

Since you still have Robot Control Center in the sidebar that means it's reading Yuri's Revenge files, that's for sure.

If it's a flat map at this stage, you've most likely placed a YR object on the map already.

#3 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:39 AM

I placed a RCC (Robot Control Center) on the map, but then deleted the object afterward. Not sure how to get it to stop reading YR's files and just allow RA2's compatibility.

#4 Speeder

Speeder

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Options -> Settings -> Only support vanilla Red Alert 2, or something. I don't remember what that setting exactly is called but the other one is 'Support mods and Yuri's Revenge'. so it should be quite clear which one you want.

#5 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

tmp8B3A.tmp.png

you have a cpl of these

#6 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

tmp8B3A.tmp.png

you have a cpl of these

Does that make any difference? Would that make any issues?

Also is it possible to allow "white" to actually do waves of attacks and have them build units/buildings/repair/sell etc as normal/medium/brutal bots would? I know they can defend or attack if a player/bots unit(s) go by them but I'd like them to actually do waves of attacks to all/both sides of enemies/players too.

#7 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

Bump??

Is it possible for have placed base bots to attack players/computer bots? To be clear, let's say we have Yuri (purple, native colour), Soviets (Red) and Allied (Blue) I'd like "white" civilians (I believe) to be able to randomly target players as well.

#8 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

yes, it is

#9 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

Does that make any difference? Would that make any issues?

Also is it possible to allow "white" to actually do waves of attacks and have them build units/buildings/repair/sell etc as normal/medium/brutal bots would? I know they can defend or attack if a player/bots unit(s) go by them but I'd like them to actually do waves of attacks to all/both sides of enemies/players too.

that overlay thingie with the wall is from YR

remove it, and replace the wall, and you'll see it's possible to save as RA2 map

#10 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

yes, it is

Okay, how can I do this?

that overlay thingie with the wall is from YR
remove it, and replace the wall, and you'll see it's possible to save as RA2 map

I'll remove it when I get the chance. Thanks zee. :)

#11 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Okay, how can I do this?

simply, you can change the nature of the unit to "assault or hunt" or whatever the options are, and they will become aggressive

if you want to have set, complex positions you'll need to use triggers which is going to take a lot of your time and is a lot to learn; google is your friend

#12 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

So by setting the nature or using triggers they will automatically "target" players and seek/attack them, yes? That's what I went them to do. I also want them to be able to build themselves up if that's even possible. (Building more units for their army, build their base/repair/replace etc)

#13 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

http://i.gyazo.com/bcc4573b686400bf519ce27e55b2bf0c.png

You can set the "state" so the unit becomes hostile. It's default is set to "guard", so if it's attacked, it will retaliate.

If you want it to move to a specific place, attack a specific place then you need to use triggers and it gets complicated. I don't have any experience with it but there is good guides online.

I recommend ppmsite for more advanced issues, guides or general help http://www.ppmsite.com/

Good luck

#14 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

http://i.gyazo.com/bcc4573b686400bf519ce27e55b2bf0c.png
You can set the "state" so the unit becomes hostile. It's default is set to "guard", so if it's attacked, it will retaliate.
If you want it to move to a specific place, attack a specific place then you need to use triggers and it gets complicated. I don't have any experience with it but there is good guides online.
I recommend ppmsite for more advanced issues, guides or general help http://www.ppmsite.com/
Good luck

Ah, thanks man. I'll check it out. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users