#1 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

This is just a question I have wondered about for a while, but never bothered to get an answer to due to never playing YR. When a Sov player techs up and builds an Industrial Plant, there is a reduction in cost for all units, correct? Now let's say i'm in game and decide to fast tech and build an Industrial Plant. Upon building this, the price of a Rhino goes down (I'm not sure to what price), does the build time get reduced to match? Would I be making Rhino's faster, with only 1 War Fac after placing the Indus Plant, than before? I only ask this as I always assumed that the time it takes to build a unit is based on it's price, until multiple buildings are produced, at least.

Hope someone can answer this, i'm certain someone will know ;D

Cheers

#2 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

From memory the build time stays the same

Its been a while though

You playing some YR?

#3 ltsmee

ltsmee

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

Building time with one war factory + industrial plant is just as long as without an IP.

There is a decrease of 19-20% when you're adding one factory.

You can't make an Industrial Plant without the war factory FYI, you need a Battle Lab.  The building costs for tanks are reduced by 25% when placing the IP.

Edited by ltsmee, 16 December 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

No but you'll save lots of ore lol

#5 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:28 AM

Uhm, build time should increase simply because you are not spending the full $$ value on the rhino, correct?

Also, If I remember - if you have an industrial plant and build an MCV and then sell your current MCV and deploy the new MCV your buildings cost less. Or am I not remember correctly?

#6 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

Neh it would decrease because the unit costs less.

But in YR a new rules.ini keyword for units was added which allows you to set a build time multiplier, rhino/grizzly/lasher and a bunch of other tanks are set to take longer to build than in RA2 to prevent tank rushing and domination of the tanks in the game

#7 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

I personally never noticed a difference..although then again, I hardly ever build structures after I have my Power Plant, Barracks, Ref, WF and a Radar. Although I usually build a few WF's and Ref's. That's pretty much it.

#8 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

From memory the build time stays the same

Its been a while though

You playing some YR?

Hey man, was maybe considering doing, but I would be pre-arranging thegames first, I think. Can't imagine getting many games randomly!

Building time with one war factory + industrial plant is just as long as without an IP.

There is a decrease of 19-20% when you're adding one factory.

You can't make an Industrial Plant without the war factory FYI, you need a Battle Lab.  The building costs for tanks are reduced by 25% when placing the IP.

I'm not great at YR, but im no noob for sure! Obviously you need a War Fac to even think about making IP. Thanks all the same though ;-)

Uhm, build time should increase simply because you are not spending the full $$ value on the rhino, correct?

Also, If I remember - if you have an industrial plant and build an MCV and then sell your current MCV and deploy the new MCV your buildings cost less. Or am I not remember correctly?

Wow, I didn't know that! Seems like a long way of doing things, but could be useful if it saves $$!

Neh it would decrease because the unit costs less.

This was basically what I was assuming before making this topic, but it seems there may be more to it.

No really decisive answers as of yet! I thought someone would be able to say for sure. Maybe ill have to try it out myself!

#9 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

I've tested this out before, but sadly I've forgotten the results :(
I do remember being able to tell miners to stop to save tons of ore tho once I built it.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't speed up the build tho, but don't quote me on that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users