NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hey guys.

I'm trying to get on RA2 for the first time this week but it just keeps minimizing to my desktop constantly. I've got it set to run as admin, even compatibility mode as XP SP3 but still keeps minimizing. :(

Need some help fixing this issue asap.

Thanks.

#2 Sealixir

Sealixir

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

Are you sure your PC can run it?

Check: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=25250&tab=sysreqs for the minimum system requirements.

Edited by HRMS1337, 11 December 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#3 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

Are you an idiot or something? It's a 10 year old fucking game, Hrms... Though I don't expect you to know that considering your system is riddled with BSODs. :mad:

Also, if you're being serious...(IF) then check my signature - Though you're most likely trying to troll.. -_-

EDIT:

This is doing my head in. :/ I've reinstalled the game but it's still being problematic. It was all fine before I had to switch from my Radeon R9 280 to my Radeon R7 260 because my R9 kept crashing it's display driver. Now with my R7 in the game won't play properly.

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

Edited by IonGenHD, 11 December 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#4 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

LOL

#5 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

your resolution seems all whacky

is that caused by the error? if not, it could be causing the error

#6 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

What version of Windows and what version of the game are you running?

#7 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

What version of Windows and what version of the game are you running?

Game version is v1.006, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 - Screen resolution is 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (<- irrelevant really) -- I've tried using the resolution patch, and it "does" work, BUT I have to keep using it to set the game to like 1920x1080 to then change it in the ingame options back to 800x600.

#8 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

Any other ideas??

#9 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

Bump

Is there an actual fix for RA2 minimizing back to the desktop all the time when launching it? The RA2 Resolution fix exe isn't exactly a "fix" as you have to apply it each time you launch the game. :/

#10 Sealixir

Sealixir

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

Please post your actual system specs (print screen) not from your signature, so we can compare requirements (if your PC can run it) and if its a graphics card issue.

#11 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'm actually getting sick and tired of your pointless spam responses to my threads in the support section.. you're not posting anything helpful, you're just blatantly trying to piss me off and hope for a response that you can get me banned for. Grow up Andrew! I told you on Skype voice NOT to post anything...and yet you go and post this utter crap again!

You KNOW my system can run it, you KNOW my system specifications, you play CS Source, CS Global Offensive, COD Advanced Warfare and other high-spec'd system games with me...you KNOW my system is a gaming built system yet you continue to ask for my specifications...and INSIST upon asking if my PC can run the game regardless of the fact I've played games with you on both RA2, YR AND the Mental Omega mod. STOP posting in my threads where I ask for some help with things!

If you can't be bothered to read my system information FROM my CPU-Z result in my signature, then DO NOT REPLY!! :angry:

#12 Sealixir

Sealixir

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

That CPU-Z result was taken on 2014-08-28 at 15:43:49. You could've downgraded your computer since then (I wouldn't be surprised at all), please update it so I can review the specs and see if it is a computer issue.

Edited by HRMS1337, 25 December 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#13 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

You're such an idiot...and a clear troll. You know what the game does...it's a game resolution issue! You know I have to sometimes reset my game resolution to 800x600, yet you DON'T have a clue what the cause of it is, or how to fix it. So just clear off!! :chair:  :ranting: 

#14 Sealixir

Sealixir

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

I was trying to help you and offer you some assistance but fine.

Edited by HRMS1337, 25 December 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#15 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

Note to ST Staff: I tried to PM rumble to report Hrms but it wouldn't let me send a PM, so I PM'd Jason instead.

Edited by IonGenHD, 25 December 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#16 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

Try doing a full uninstall and use this download for your ra2.

#17 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

Installing the XWIS version after a full retail copy of the game is a bad idea for me. The last time I did that my game messed up by all my units exploding each time a game started. Something about anti-piracy protection or something.

#18 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

What version did you use to install your current Ra2? Are you still having the crashing issue? You're painfully uncooperative. 

#19 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

I'm not sure if it's an actual "crashing" issue. It's just the fact that the game just minimizes to the desktop and each time I click on it to return to the game, it minimizes back down. I'm using the latest official Westwood patch. v1.006 as I have and am using my retail full version/copy of the game.

EDIT: I've also explained what game version I have many times already. Just saying.

Edited by IonGenHD, 26 December 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#20 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Your screenshot shows an internal error, the installation may be corrupt. Have you tried a clean re-install since opening this thread? What efforts have you made to fix this? The version of patch is not relevant to the issue you're having. You say the XWIS ra2.exe download gave you issues with starting games, but as far as I can tell the installation from the CD won't let you pass the main menu. The anti-piracy issue might be easier to fix than the one you're experiencing now, although you shouldn't be getting that issue at all if it's installed correctly. 

#21 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:48 AM

Your screenshot shows an internal error, the installation may be corrupt. Have you tried a clean re-install since opening this thread? What efforts have you made to fix this? The version of patch is not relevant to the issue you're having. You say the XWIS ra2.exe download gave you issues with starting games, but as far as I can tell the installation from the CD won't let you pass the main menu. The anti-piracy issue might be easier to fix than the one you're experiencing now, although you shouldn't be getting that issue at all if it's installed correctly.

The internal error started when I installed and tried the XWIS version, not from my CD. For instance, if I install the XWIS version to another hard disk so that it is separate from my CD installation (C:\Westwood\RA2\) and I launch the game from the XWIS version shortcut, the game will throw me an internal error. The XWIS version and my original retail copy of RA2 must be mixing up the registry entries for the installation of the game as far as that is concerned.

As far as the game minimizing, I figured out that this is happening because I originally installed my game with my Radeon R9 280X graphics card installed, as I said above. But because that has become defective I have requested an RMA for that, and thus I've had to temporarily use my Radeon R7 260 graphics card. IF I switched back to my R9 280X, the minimizing issue goes away. But since I'm having to use my R7 260 UNTIL my new RMA arrives, the game is minimizing as a result of the graphics card swap. It must be something to do with the display drivers used, as I had to uninstall my R9 280 display drivers and install the R7 260 display drivers.

#22 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:03 AM

Don't play ra2 untill you get your new card. Lol

Would re installing with your current graphics card make any difference do you think?

Or

Running diff compat mode ?

( Olaf is this better??)

Edited by Shauny, 30 December 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#23 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:43 AM

I'm not sure. It could an idea to reinstall with my current card, but then again it may not even make a difference. Not only that, it may also give me resolution problems as well. My R9 had no graphics problem as far as errors or minimizing, so I'm not sure why this is. I'll try it and let you know.

#24 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

Worth a try :( when do you get your new card?

#25 turbozob

turbozob

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:41 PM

My friend had minimizing problems, at the end it was teamviewer which was causing the game to minimize. After close and stop teamviewer app all went back to normal. You have probably same issue, one application or service is causing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users