#27 mikedout

mikedout

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • XWIS Name: mikedout

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:54 AM

Interesting topic and I think the conversation has mostly been covered by previous posters. The game will continue to evolve. Even these days I still see people do things I'd never seen anyone do before every so often. Just when I think all the tactics, tricks, and build orders have been hashed out something new comes along on an old map.

I don't know if there is truly an element of luck anywhere in the game. I know that might clash with what many believe and I'm sure most of us have that go to thought of "What about that time when my opponents single dog ate 5 of my dogs?"  or  "What about that time I got the shittiest starting point on the map and my opponent got the best one?"

But what you see out of some of the best players is perfection executed during all stages of the game. For some it is an art. Precise placement, movement (tank control, dog control), build orders, selling orders, miner direction, interesting uses of fodder, perfect timing of sentry guns/pillboxes ect. 

I don't know if luck exists here...What really changed my opinion is when I began recording my games and I watched them afterwards. I watched how the smallest things made all the difference and how I would attack someone with 20 tanks to their 11, and get wiped out because of a sentry gun being placed at just the right spot and just the right time, while a miner was moved in immediately after I destroyed the sentry then after I took out the miner, two dogs were popping out of someones barracks. All of this happening in 5 seconds and then POOF I just lost the game because my army is gone and my opponent has 5 tanks to my zero and we are on a close proximity map.

I think if we could always re-watch what happens then we'd see how the little things added up and how the best players pull everything together to get that edge that so many of us call "luck"

The only luck I can find in the game is in the crates and that's why I turn them off for tourney games. And on that note....Good "luck!"

Edited by lazellama, 01 July 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#28 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

There is a lot of *variance* associated with the game and that can be considered a form of luck and/or linearly proportional to it. The reason for this is basically how you said small mistakes can cost you the game.

#29 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

dog vs dog is 99.943% luck. But sometimes you have to pump some to hold a rush. Gotta love em gotta hate em

Lol. It's just boring dumb and repetitive tho, 20 dogs and 4 tanks sell mcv, then game is over either way......

That's why it's #YR4LiFe

yr is super n00b, n00b     :rizla:

#30 ALiTheGreatest

ALiTheGreatest

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

dog vs dog is luck, but if you make unnecessary moves with your dogs then you will shift the odds way against you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users