Photo

Yuri's revenge online compatible with Red Alert 2 online?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kls0026

kls0026

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

If I buy a serial number online but only have the Red Alert 2 Allied disk, and someone that I know also buys a serial number online but only has the Yuri's revenge disk, will we be able to play against each other online? Are they compatible, or do we both need Yuri's revenge disks?

#2 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

Neither of you need discs. You can download the games here: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

All you need is your own serials.

#3 kls0026

kls0026

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:03 AM

We do have the disks. I just want to know if we could play against each other online. I have the red alert 2 allied disk, and he has the yuri's revenge disk. I bought my serial number that gave me a password etc. He no longer has any red alert 2 disk but he used to. That's how he was able to install yuri's revenge. So I just want to know that we would be able to play against each other online if he also bought a serial number that gave him a password. Is red alert 2 compatible with yuri's revenge?

#4 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

Yes you can play against each other online, but to create an account on XWIS you both require your own serial number. So if he buys a serial number he will be fine, it works for both Ra2 and YR.

Like i said, you do not need any disc to play. Just download the multiplayer version of the game on the link i provided which also has all the necessary updates. There is no need to install from disc.

#5 kls0026

kls0026

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

I understand what you are saying about you do not need disks to get the game,but  if one person has Yuri's revenge is the other person also required to have Yuri's revenge in order to play against each other online, whether you get the game through disks or downloads or whatever. Yes or No?

disregard this post. I dont know how to delete. I read your message and understand. Thank you

Edited by kls0026, 10 December 2014 - 02:14 AM.

#6 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

Yes if you both want to play vs each other on YR you will both need to install YR from the link provided....

#7 kls0026

kls0026

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

It was probably a dumb question but I got it now. Thank you for answering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users