aurelio

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

i m Marcos from Brazil..

I made this map thinking of a quick game and intense,

is the first map that I submit the evaluation.

is a small map with many alternatives, and provides good battles in the center and on top.

have a look

win or die (2).jpg

Any suggestions/idea is well heard, i wish some of you find this map interesting :bye1:

link for download this map.(new link,the previous link was in trouble) this link is the orginal map.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiNsqaRpnDncU1Ia1otT2FabmM/view

Edited by aurelio, 02 January 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#2 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

image link is broken

#3 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Good job man, looks interesting, i think it would be a good fast paced game here with great potential for early splits and close combat throughout the game. Looking foward to giving it a try.

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Left looks campish, (hill+house at entrance) but Idk just a quick glance

Depends on how close starting spots are to the cliffs etc. Just offering an opinion

Edited by ExpaNd, 01 December 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#5 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

Looks good. Great job.

#6 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

right spot is significantly better due to ease of building and more access to ore

some tweaks and it will be better :)

Edited by Seke, 02 December 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#7 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

Yeah I agree with tony. It would be a good idea if that house ges moved a bit Back to make the left side less campy.

right spot is significantly better due to ease of building and more access to ore some tweaks and it will be better :)

How is that so?

#8 aurelio

aurelio

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

thank you all for the help, I made the changes, bringing back more bases, which seems improved map of balance ...

modified the link above to download with the new modifications for those who want to test.

thank you all for your help ... I changed the bases back a bit, which seems improved the balance of the map ...

win or die (2).jpg

also changed the link to download the map already with the changes if someone interested in testing ..

Edited by aurelio, 02 December 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#9 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

Mason is saying right spot gets the BL ore on hill and can build to mid (up cliffs) quicker and easier.

Which I agree, meaning left has to play camp mission all day, and hopefully Left can garrison the mid buildings on top or GG lol

Edited by ExpaNd, 02 December 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#10 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:08 AM

Is there a way to get this map to qm?

#11 HCKiD

HCKiD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

looks pretty good

#12 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Is there a way to get this map to qm?

Pretty sure it has to be tested extensively first and for there to be a certain level of interest (a poll or such).

#13 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hey Aurelio- thanks for the making this map :) I agree that games should be fast and action packed on this map. I have not yet commented myself as I wanted to let the community react and give feedback- Seke and Expand both raised good points.

I have a question- As you see below I've marked the ore expansions according to player and (possible) expansion sequence. 

win or die (2).jpg

From the image you can see that the right side has a logical progression to their build, while the left side is a bit less clear. Nevertheless I don't see that as much of a problem, except for the 5th (final) expansion. It seems as though the left side has very little chance of mining their ore and certainly not without moving their mcv. However, the 5th expansion for the right side should connect fairly easily with their 4th ore patch, and as they will have built structures into the center of the map, attacking/controlling left side's 5th expansion should also be relatively easy. 

As a possible solution, I would suggest removing the houses at bottom left, and swapping the position of those trees with left side's 5th ore expansion. To address the left side requirement to move their mcv, I would suggest extending the cliff face up along the left wall [its easy to build up from (low) right to (high) left]. Here is a crude sketch of what it would look like:

win or die (2) (1).jpg

If you like, after some refinements- I'll add this to the map patch for testing :) cool map :D

#14 mrk65

mrk65

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • XWIS Name: mkr4m3r

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

Thank distantQ ... I will try to make the changes, yet I am not an expert on maps ... these changes, mainly overlap cliffs, are somewhat complicated ... but I'll try and come back here ... to show ...

this is a video I made to test that had no defects on the map, y versus PC, just for run with tanks and dogs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKpCU0u46M

Marcos Aurelio.(mk65 is a old nick)

I believe that this is what suggested, as the cliffs, have not yet know how to do as I suggested, if you want to make this piece I would be grateful ... along with minor adjustments it deems necessary ...

win or die 44.jpg

Edited by mrk65, 04 December 2014 - 04:40 AM.

#15 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

There are two ore fields at the top of the map. The left one needs to have its cliff have more room to maneuver and likely angled more towards the bottom left (this is to ease building up slightly).

I'd suggest right side's middle ore field (between the cliffs) be less vulnerable (compare it to left sides 2nd level ore field...).

Also, the issue with the changes you made is now the BR ore field is overly protected, although this is somewhat compensated by the fact that its more out of reach, I'd recommend another entrance (small) at the very bottom. This will allow both players to use it for maneuvering between ore field attacks/splits. 

That is the most simple solution, changing the layout of the cliffs/ore field position there is also an alternative.

#16 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

looks great

#17 aCnChaOz

aCnChaOz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

Ye thank you. My dream come true no mirror map :-). One more wish is no more snow maps ^^.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users