20 replies to this topic

#1 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

Hi, I ported my TS anti-cheat to Yuri's Revenge and added anti-cheat for hacks which TS doesn't suffer from. The anti-cheat is patched into the game executable itself (although I can also place it into an external DLL which is injected into the exe by a launcher). You can download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5lgs8r79iqksl4/gamemd_anticheat_test.exe?dl=0

Place the file inside the Yuri's Revenge game folder (same one as the RA2 folder) and start it directly. By default No-CD is disabled but if you want to enable it under [Options] add NoCD=Yes in RA2MD.ini. You might need to copy mapsmd03.mix and multimd.mix from the CD/ISO to your game folder to get noCD running.

Note that I disabled the Internet menu so you can't play via XWIS. I did this because I'm not sure if my anti-cheat code modifies game behavior, which could cause huge issues on XWIS.

The EXE should have anti-cheat for ALL Yuri's Revenge hacks. It should also fix the exploit where you can stop enemy Ore Miners (I copied the fix made by the Ares developers so all credit goes to them).

I'd like to get some feedback on whether I should fix the issue where you get more money from harvesting an infantry unit and their clone (after buying Cloning Vats) then the cost of the infantry unit. I have already written a fix for it but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Should I fix self-spy (Ares has a fix for it)?

Edited by Iran, 29 November 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#2 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

I didn't got it, how it is supposed to stop hacks? how i know if someone is mapping? i just played 2v2 with some GR noobs and haven't noticed any change.

More explanation is requested mate :)

#3 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

Well it prevents you from using them.

#4 Nuc1eoN

Nuc1eoN

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hey Iran nice you are still kinda active:)

Also big thanks for the great work and commitment! Even if our dear retard mr **** will probably ignore this incredible work for now (some ppl fear the change, you know)... I can assure you that I will give that stuff a go!

Still, the most usefull testers will probably be our most renouned hackers^^

nuc

#5 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

You can't use the EXE on XWIS and it only prevents yourself from cheating so it isn't that exciting.But yeah I spent two days working on it.

Edited by Iran, 29 November 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#6 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

This works with the "RA2 & YR Multi Reshrouder" (by SiRaLeX). I don't know about other cheats/trainers because this is the only one I have for YR :p

NOTE: For Norton users, the infamous WS.Reputation.1 will be detected, which is a false positive (not a virus). Basically, all it is is that Norton does not trust new files because it uses a reputation-based system. Just restore/exclude this file.

Should I fix self-spy (Ares has a fix for it?

I don't think self-spy works on YR, does it?

Btw, is anybody else having trouble quoting other posts using Internet Explorer besides me? It works with Firefox though.

#7 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:04 AM

Btw, is anybody else having trouble quoting other posts using Internet Explorer besides me? It works with Firefox though.

Is anyone else using Internet Explorer besides you? :p

#8 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

So...if this only prevents those who HAVE it installed from using cheats...why call it an anti-cheat in the first place? What is it's appropriate purpose? Did you consider that those who DO cheat obviously won't download and use it? It seems sort of...useless if you ask me, considering the fact that it "prevents cheats being used" BY yourself...why would you need it if you don't cheat anyway? Unless...you do?

Sorry but I really don't understand the reason behind this, thus the reason I see it pointless.

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

probably testing it for implementation on their server (online)

#10 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

This works with the "RA2 & YR Multi Reshrouder" (by SiRaLeX). I don't know about other cheats/trainers because this is the only one I have for YR :p

I assume you mean that the anti-cheat stops that hack? Or are you still able to use that hack while running the EXE? This is one of the hacks I specifically coded anti-cheat for. You can still load the hack but if you use any of its capabilities which modify the game it will crash or glitch up. Try running the hack before or after starting a skirmish game and try to move your MCV and you should see what I mean.

probably testing it for implementation on their server (online)

Well I have no problem sharing the code with Olaf, but yeah the problem is that people aren't forced to run the EXE on XWIS.

Edited by Iran, 30 November 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#11 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

I assume you mean that the anti-cheat stops that hack? Or are you still able to use that hack while running the EXE? This is one of the hacks I specifically coded anti-cheat for. You can still load the hack but if you use any of its capabilities which modify the game it will crash or glitch up. Try running the hack before or after starting a skirmish game and try to move your MCV and you should see what I mean.

Yeah I did that;
running cheat BEFORE skirmish game - MCV wouldn't move.
running cheat DURING skirmish game - game freezes or crashes.

#12 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

Iran's work is pretty amazing, along with Ares. Infact, all of the work this cncnet team does is pretty amazing you guys should probably follow it.

Sorry but I really don't understand the reason behind this, thus the reason I see it pointless.

Because you can force people to use it, perhaps not here because you can't force an exe on XWIS, but when YR is added to cncnet it would be really cool.

Yeah I did that;
running cheat BEFORE skirmish game - MCV wouldn't move.
running cheat DURING skirmish game - game freezes or crashes.

Mine did that too, pretty cool. Although it would be good to prevent the player from starting so theres no wasted games.

Edited by NeoGrant, 30 November 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#13 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

I will prevent it from hooking the game in the future (will be really easy)...just want to make sure when it's running and hooking the game and you activate its hacks things won't work.

#14 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

y'all a bunch of hacks =D

#15 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

I thought it's something like GenTool for C&C Zero Hour :crybaby:

http://www.gentool.net/

Anyway nice effort, can be useful if CNCnet is going to run it's own version of Yuri, keep it ON !

:showoff:

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Place the file inside the Yuri's Revenge game folder (same one as the RA2 folder) and start it directly. By default No-CD is disabled but if you want to enable it under [Options] add NoCD=Yes in RA2MD.ini. You might need to copy mapsmd03.mix and multimd.mix from the CD/ISO to your game folder to get noCD running.

Why not disable it unconditionally?

#17 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

What do you mean? Do you mean I should remove the No-CD code I added completely or that I should change the code so it can automatically check whether no-CD needs to be enabled or not?

#18 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

The latter

#19 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that. I haven't done that for Red Alert 1 either.

#20 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

I will prevent it from hooking the game in the future (will be really easy)...just want to make sure when it's running and hooking the game and you activate its hacks things won't work.

Really?! How do you plan on going about that!? Just wondering... Maybe I can give you a few tips. ;)

#21 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

Well it's really simple but I won't state publicly how as that defeats the point. ;-*)

Edited by Iran, 06 December 2014 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users