5 replies to this topic

#1 GoodBinky

GoodBinky

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

I am running windows 8 downloaded All the C&C games...only play RA2 and Yuri....suddenly the game wont execute (start) the other game Generals works fine....Ra2 and Yuri were working fine...anybody else have this problem...I have all my updates for windows and the games...tried uninstalling and reinstalling...no help...any advice would be appreciated

#2 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Nothing happens suddenly.

Try to troubleshoot what you did after you last played, installed software, changed settings, installed updates, visited a site with possible malware, spilled coffee on the keyboard, etc...

#3 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

What does it say? I had this same problem on one of my computers, then it happened again my other computer but for some reason Martin's parched version was unaffected. This is also why I refuse to reinstall my game even tho I have an issue hosting standard maps.

But can you give a screenshot of the error message you get?

#4 Strategst

Strategst

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5796 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:02 AM

I am running windows 8 downloaded All the C&C games...only play RA2 and Yuri....suddenly the game wont execute (start) the other game Generals works fine....Ra2 and Yuri were working fine...anybody else have this problem...I have all my updates for windows and the games...tried uninstalling and reinstalling...no help...any advice would be appreciated

Do you launch RA2 and YR via Origin? If so, I have suddenly encountered and similarly troubleshooted the same problem. Basically, the picture icons no longer launch the game. :(

#5 Strategst

Strategst

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5796 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Update: GoodBinky, you did not check back, but if you do launch RA@ and YR via Origin, all you have to do is disable the "Enable Origin In Game" box under Application Settings. Mine are working again.

#6 GoodBinky

GoodBinky

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:25 PM

tried that ST...its greyed out...unable to disable that feature

perhaps something with syncing to the cloud im thinking.....frustrated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users